What are the ethical issues regarding lust? [TRIGGER WARNING]

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SalomePortman

Banned
Sep 15, 2021
119
59
28
My own opinion is that lust is inherently selfish. It is like a hunger, whereupon you feast from another's plate and it is justified because they have consented to your doing so. Lust in its most extreme and perverse incarnation does not care for consent. Unlike eating food, sex is not a necessity, yet the impulse to have sex might appear just as strong. I hope my analogy makes sense. I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.

I will stress I am not referring to the sexual act but moreso the sexual impulse.