What are the truths in the gospel that make it the good news, and can make you free??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
福音的好消息其实是被神隐藏了起来,那就是很多的人都能被拯救,不要问我为什么,问问自己你能否原谅别人,那么神也原谅你,为什么会是这样,好好想想吧,主祷文说 :"免我们的罪,如同我们免了别人的罪。"
神愿怜悯谁就怜悯谁,愿恩待谁就恩待谁。

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The truth would have to include everyone. And affect everyone who knew it.
that he doesn’t hate sinners , he loves them enough to suffer and die for us . And came to call us to repentance . Is great news just in my own opinion

I believe for my self , It is the revelation of the gospel that God loves us enough to suffer indignity and shame for us and to suffer beatings and torture and a brutal agonizing death so that if we would just accept him as lord and believe his promise that our sins will be remitted and we will be given eternal Life if we persevere in that faith of repentance

It isn’t that if we come near he will break forth and destroy us like the ot , but that he’s come calling us to draw near to him and be healed

I agree with others it’s the revelation that we are loved from earth to the moon and back by our creator that is the foundation but we need to also include the people we don’t like in that he loves them enou the to even though they also aren’t perfect

I believe when we really know God loves us and also our enemies inspite of our imperfections we will begin to want to hear his message of salvetion into his eternal Kingdom . And know him better for ourselves but if we never know the death and resurrection for us we’re not really going to see the gospel because it’s meant to save us not condemn.

Christs love has a way of drawing men to himself and freedom from sin is found when we start hearing what he said would make us free his teachings

14meatcc

Feb 17, 2020
San Diego
that he doesn’t hate sinners , he loves them enough to suffer and die for us . And came to call us to repentance . Is great news just in my own opinion

I believe for my self , It is the revelation of the gospel that God loves us enough to suffer indignity and shame for us and to suffer beatings and torture and a brutal agonizing death so that if we would just accept him as lord and believe his promise that our sins will be remitted and we will be given eternal Life if we persevere in that faith of repentance

It isn’t that if we come near he will break forth and destroy us like the ot , but that he’s come calling us to draw near to him and be healed

I agree with others it’s the revelation that we are loved from earth to the moon and back by our creator that is the foundation but we need to also include the people we don’t like in that he loves them enou the to even though they also aren’t perfect

I believe when we really know God loves us and also our enemies inspite of our imperfections we will begin to want to hear his message of salvetion into his eternal Kingdom . And know him better for ourselves but if we never know the death and resurrection for us we’re not really going to see the gospel because it’s meant to save us not condemn.

Christs love has a way of drawing men to himself and freedom from sin is found when we start hearing what he said would make us free his teachings
The earthly teachings of Christ are not that of a higher esoteric teacher. Most of Christ teachings are classic Judaism taken mostly from psalms save his claim as the son of God.
Just as many cling to the sermon on the mount as some torturous pathway to salvation, or the fruits of a well seasoned mature Christian walk. When in fact the sermon on the mount should be preached with all of its rigors to abolish any hopes of self righteousness. Choosing to believe would carry without a shadow of doubt a degree of self righteousness. I hope those who chose Christ as their savior are careful as they bow to lay their crowns at his feet that they don't bump heads as he bows to thank you for choosing him....think about it please.

CS1

May 23, 2012
The earthly teachings of Christ are not that of a higher esoteric teacher. Most of Christ teachings are classic Judaism taken mostly from psalms save his claim as the son of God.
Just as many cling to the sermon on the mount as some torturous pathway to salvation, or the fruits of a well seasoned mature Christian walk. When in fact the sermon on the mount should be preached with all of its rigors to abolish any hopes of self righteousness. Choosing to believe would carry without a shadow of doubt a degree of self righteousness. I hope those who chose Christ as their savior are careful as they bow to lay their crowns at his feet that they don't bump heads as he bows to thank you for choosing him....think about it please.
equally an error of "self-righteousness" is the error of false humility.

Apr 12, 2021
Everyone? John 3:18 "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
no you are way off the Old Testament came through angels To men the teachings are of Judaism Christ doesn’t belong in the same group it’s something entirely new that was purposely kept hidden until he was born and began giving revelation

“All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:34-35‬ ‭

those teachings of Christ are the answer to you’re question about freedom from sin

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32, 34, 36‬

it’s why he was sent to earth

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

and his word is actually what the ot promised all along the knowledge and teachings of God

this should make you consider

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45‬ ‭

It’s what Moses and all the following prophets said would come a new and better word delivered by the one God would send to speak his words ( Deuteronomy 18:15-19)

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:22-26‬ ‭

his teachings are what turn us from iniquity and frees us from the power sin has over us in our heart it cites this to believe Jesus teachings

This is where sins bonds are upon us

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭

so his teachings aren’t “ don’t commit adultery “ again like Moses Jesus is teaching the way out of sins grasp

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:27-29‬ ‭

Jesus teaching is aimed at the thiughts and intents of the believers heart because that’s where sins grasp has its desth grip on man it’s always been within our heart and mind since we fell

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,

and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Thier wickedness came because thier hearts were wicked thier thiughts and desires so their actions followed . Christ is about teaching us to have a heart of Gods children refined by his word and wisdom to clean away the lustful thoughts we harbor and cleanse away thy stains we caused beforehand

his word is about the spirit and imparts the spirit like that teaching of ridding the heart of lust of we let his word correct how we think we’re going to be okay

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
no you are way off the Old Testament came through angels To men the teachings are of Judaism Christ doesn’t belong in the same group it’s something entirely new that was purposely kept hidden until he was born and began giving revelation

“All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:34-35‬ ‭

those teachings of Christ are the answer to you’re question about freedom from sin

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32, 34, 36‬

it’s why he was sent to earth

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

and his word is actually what the ot promised all along the knowledge and teachings of God

this should make you consider

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45‬ ‭

It’s what Moses and all the following prophets said would come a new and better word delivered by the one God would send to speak his words ( Deuteronomy 18:15-19)

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:22-26‬ ‭

his teachings are what turn us from iniquity and frees us from the power sin has over us in our heart it cites this to believe Jesus teachings

This is where sins bonds are upon us

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭

so his teachings aren’t “ don’t commit adultery “ again like Moses Jesus is teaching the way out of sins grasp

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:27-29‬ ‭

Jesus teaching is aimed at the thiughts and intents of the believers heart because that’s where sins grasp has its desth grip on man it’s always been within our heart and mind since we fell

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,

and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Thier wickedness came because thier hearts were wicked thier thiughts and desires so their actions followed . Christ is about teaching us to have a heart of Gods children refined by his word and wisdom to clean away the lustful thoughts we harbor and cleanse away thy stains we caused beforehand

his word is about the spirit and imparts the spirit like that teaching of ridding the heart of lust of we let his word correct how we think we’re going to be okay
Jesus isn't just another moral teacher, but is almighty God in the flesh.
It wasn't His teaching that saved us but it was His shed blood that washed away our sins..

Revelation 1:5 (KJV) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It wasn't His teaching that saved us but it was His shed blood that washed away our sins..

Revelation 1:5 (KJV) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
“Jesus isn't just another moral teacher, but is almighty God in the flesh.”

Yes I fully agree with that part everyone else was messenger Jesus is the real deal God manifest in the flesh to speak his word that saves us and then she’s the blood of his covenant made by his words.

“It wasn't His teaching that saved us but it was His shed blood that washed away our sins..”

I disagree to reject his word is damnation because of the fact you acknowledge you are saying literally “ what God said about salvstion himself doesn’t apply just his bloodshed does “ that’s not a good position because of this part

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You know how we believe he rose from the dead after he shed his blood ? It means his words are now the open eternal judgement of God by which we will Be judged because he shed his blood for us it means his word judges us we can reject it like above or believe like below

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

A covenant brother is forst the word spoken and the The blood is shed for remission of the prior. There is no life without believing the gospel of the kingdom Jesus preached and the apostles witnessed it is like rejecting Moses law d claiming salvstion by the blood he shed. The word is what we believe the blood is what he paid to save us from death

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭

Jesus wasn’t goin around saying “ the kingdom of heaven is like man dying for sin and that’s it” he preached the holy spirit into believers. All because of his Shed blood we have to accept both

I would argue that anytime Gods word of salvstion is removed from a covenant even for the sake of the blood he shed it’s the same problem we’ve always had

God speaks and then we’re supposed to accept and believe “ the fruit is deadly don’t eat it “ v “ nope that doesn’t matter it’s fine eat away “

What “God said in the flesh” as you put it doesn’t that make his word different to you ? Especially listen to what he was saying no one else was ever saying those to things until the apostles heard his teachings ❤️

consider the importance of a word in the covenant if there’s no word to believe there is no covenant to
Be had . Have you ever investigated what Jesus taught about Gods eternal kingdom and promised those who believe even those until the ending generation ? It’s really set apart from
Anything in scripture in fact all else witnesses that it is the truth and way of God forever

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

the New Testament word calls us into repentance and right living by grace

“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we come to the realization Jesus is God then the word of faith he always spoke forth for believers makes perfect sense and distinguishes itself from Moses law completely

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods word of faith spoken to a man who believes

“And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭10:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods word is true either way for all creation and so this

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

is going to be true either way the gospel is what we find in Matthew mark like and John the accounts of Jesus life ,baptism , ministry , miraculous power , all
His teachings out his kingdom and life after death and then his own death and resurrection to remove the covenant that held our sins over us

The same God who said “ let there be light “ has spoken his true light into the hearts of those who believe his gospel concerning the kingdom of his son that all the prophets witnessed beforehand would come about it surely includes believing his word his teachings are found throughout the epistles and found our entire faith we are like Abraham believers of what God said , like Noah and the rest his word is where faith is found and his blood paid the price because we were priorly held in death by the law because of our sins

“But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s just that we aren’t serving God by the rituals of the ot anymore those thkngs don’t matter what matters now is to hear his teachings and find repentance and faith unto eternal Life we can’t find it limiting the importance of what God said about eternal Life ( the gospel )

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
“Jesus isn't just another moral teacher, but is almighty God in the flesh.”

Yes I fully agree with that part everyone else was messenger Jesus is the real deal God manifest in the flesh to speak his word that saves us and then she’s the blood of his covenant made by his words.

“It wasn't His teaching that saved us but it was His shed blood that washed away our sins..”

I disagree to reject his word is damnation because of the fact you acknowledge you are saying literally “ what God said about salvstion himself doesn’t apply just his bloodshed does “ that’s not a good position because of this part

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You know how we believe he rose from the dead after he shed his blood ? It means his words are now the open eternal judgement of God by which we will Be judged because he shed his blood for us it means his word judges us we can reject it like above or believe like below

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

A covenant brother is forst the word spoken and the The blood is shed for remission of the prior. There is no life without believing the gospel of the kingdom Jesus preached and the apostles witnessed it is like rejecting Moses law d claiming salvstion by the blood he shed. The word is what we believe the blood is what he paid to save us from death

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭

Jesus wasn’t goin around saying “ the kingdom of heaven is like man dying for sin and that’s it” he preached the holy spirit into believers. All because of his Shed blood we have to accept both

I would argue that anytime Gods word of salvstion is removed from a covenant even for the sake of the blood he shed it’s the same problem we’ve always had

God speaks and then we’re supposed to accept and believe “ the fruit is deadly don’t eat it “ v “ nope that doesn’t matter it’s fine eat away “

What “God said in the flesh” as you put it doesn’t that make his word different to you ? Especially listen to what he was saying no one else was ever saying those to things until the apostles heard his teachings ❤️

consider the importance of a word in the covenant if there’s no word to believe there is no covenant to
Be had . Have you ever investigated what Jesus taught about Gods eternal kingdom and promised those who believe even those until the ending generation ? It’s really set apart from
Anything in scripture in fact all else witnesses that it is the truth and way of God forever
If Jesus had just taught but had not died for our sins, and risen from the dead, we'd still be in our sins.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
the New Testament word calls us into repentance and right living by grace

“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we come to the realization Jesus is God then the word of faith he always spoke forth for believers makes perfect sense and distinguishes itself from Moses law completely

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods word of faith spoken to a man who believes

“And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭10:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods word is true either way for all creation and so this

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

is going to be true either way the gospel is what we find in Matthew mark like and John the accounts of Jesus life ,baptism , ministry , miraculous power , all
His teachings out his kingdom and life after death and then his own death and resurrection to remove the covenant that held our sins over us

The same God who said “ let there be light “ has spoken his true light into the hearts of those who believe his gospel concerning the kingdom of his son that all the prophets witnessed beforehand would come about it surely includes believing his word his teachings are found throughout the epistles and found our entire faith we are like Abraham believers of what God said , like Noah and the rest his word is where faith is found and his blood paid the price because we were priorly held in death by the law because of our sins

“But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s just that we aren’t serving God by the rituals of the ot anymore those thkngs don’t matter what matters now is to hear his teachings and find repentance and faith unto eternal Life we can’t find it limiting the importance of what God said about eternal Life ( the gospel )
Could you phrase your point in a paragraph? I actually didn't grasp the point you are trying to get across.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
If Jesus had just taught but had not died for our sins, and risen from the dead, we'd still be in our sins.
Amen fully agree I’m saying tou don’t cancel each other out we can’t reject the cross or the word ❤️
a covenant is the word first and then the blood of atonement is shed for remission

The ot example by Moses the mediator

“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.

And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:7-8‬ ‭

that’s the old covenant word and blood of atonement

but the New Testament has come fulfilling the ot promises of Jesus new word of salvation and new blood of remission God had always promised a new covenant in the law and prophets

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭

‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

while he preached the gospel first to Israel he wotnessed this of his word

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

‭‭John‬ ‭14:23-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

then after he spoke all the words of the gospel they could bear , he then shed the blood of remission which he had taught them out beforehand by his word

“For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

then finally he sent this all from Jerusalem out to all People of the earth anyone who believes can belong

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬

we know it’s the same teachings he taught them and applies to all nations

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and so the gospel is this type of thing that is throughout the prophets writings being fulfilled

“And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.”

‭‭Micah‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭

his words are the light we have to abide in so the blood does it’s work of remission

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:5-10‬ ‭

if you’ve read Paul’s explaination a of what light does it makes our own inner flaws and sinful ideas and intents visible to us like a light being turned on inside our mind and heart the light shows us our need and gives us the ability to repent where it matters the gospel Jesus taught isn’t a list of rules it’s a spiritual light that guides those who seek after the lord

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What are the truths in the gospel that make it the good news, and can make you free??

Jesus paid the price that no other man could pay. His perfect blood was the only way and it is available to all today.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Jesus paid the price that no other man could pay. His perfect blood was the only way and it is available to all today.
“And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32, 36‬ ‭

The only way is to believe Christ gospel and let him give us faith

The blood was shed for all the worlds sin it doesn’t mean thier sins are remitted

“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭KJV‬

His judgement now fully applies because he purchased the world from sin and death now we have this ahead because he shed his blood

“We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:8-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

even though Jesus shed his blood for the worlds sin we all now have to go face his jidgement and when we go there we have his words ahead of time to accept
And believe

that’s coming from the judge and his apostles

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42-43‬ ‭

It’s not about a rule list it’s about accepting this from his teachings

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s what the gospel is Jesus preaching is him giving mankind understanding of the true God and offering them eternal
Life but we can’t find it by claiming the blood the blood we have to be willing to hear the word

What Jesus taught about God and Mankind is forever the truth that will save believers his blood was the price paid it’s not what promises freedom his words do that

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It is sin that imprisons humans. There is a death sentence to this imprisonment, but though the forgiveness of sin we have in Christ we are set free of the death that sin causes.

It is over 2,000 years since Christ came in the flesh, was crucified and Paul came to minister to the gentile world. Many men have interpreted Christ for us, and we want no interpretation, we want the pure Christ in truth. Many of these interpretations are trying to make Christ fit some personal agenda. Constantine was one, who made Christ fit his agenda of "if the Jews do it we must not do it for they are an evil people". Only through scripture itself can we worship the real Christ.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It is sin that imprisons humans. There is a death sentence to this imprisonment, but though the forgiveness of sin we have in Christ we are set free of the death that sin causes.

It is over 2,000 years since Christ came in the flesh, was crucified and Paul came to minister to the gentile world. Many men have interpreted Christ for us, and we want no interpretation, we want the pure Christ in truth. Many of these interpretations are trying to make Christ fit some personal agenda. Constantine was one, who made Christ fit his agenda of "if the Jews do it we must not do it for they are an evil people". Only through scripture itself can we worship the real Christ.
May I adjust that. It is only through scripture and the holy spirit we accept within us that we can know the true Christ.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

yes and if we follow the progression of old to New Testament we can see that Christ and the gospel is where all of our faith needs to be placed for salvstion the law and prophets were to lead us all to Christ and his word and blood

if we put our faith in Jesus and believe the gospel we are going to have what he promises

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4‬ ‭

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true,

and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ.

This is the true God, and eternal life.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭

“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”

‭‭John‬ ‭17:3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him;

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”

‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

For the law was given by Moses,

but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” ( the true God )
‭‭John‬ ‭1:9-10, 12-14, 16-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world,

and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”

‭‭John‬ ‭3:19-21‬ ‭

I completely agree with your assessment we need to let scripture create our belief and get away from making scripture for our pre conceived thinking it changes everything when we do

light is meant to reveal what is in us that keeps us bound to sin Jesus doctrine is different it’s inner light to shine out our darkness

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

( walking in the light of the gospel causes us to acknowledge the sins we find and repent )

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:5-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

walking in the light of truth causes this transformation

“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We need to let the gospel change our minds and hearts because that’s where the darkness is believing the gospel accomplishes this

“For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; .. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s only my found when we look at the gospel when God was manifest in the flesh giving his understanding of his kingdom only in Christ it’s what the law and prophets always promised and what the epistles all witness as truth