What are you eating?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Deadflesh

Deadflesh, concerning Noah, you wrote; "We are back to the righteousness of noah IF indeed we have entered the arc." There is a difference in the way sin is dealt with. In the time of Noah, God gave a command to give witness of His wrath to come, and none believed. Noah built an ark, and then waters of Heaven and earth came and covered all who lived in sin. This next part is a spiritual inflection concerning mankind who live in sin; The prophet Habakkuk ask, "God, why do You make men like fish of the sea; like creatures who wander as if they have no ruler over them?" Then God sent His Son, who gave His life so that those who hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and believe, would be delivered from that 'place' we first chose to go in our sin. What Noah was not able to do, Jesus did. So the righteousness of Jesus exceeded that of Noah. This one part is where we seem to differ in our understanding; I do not look to Noah for my deliverance, but to the righteousness of Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son who was and is sent by the Word of God to deliver anyone who would hear and believe. I am also bringing together the teaching of waters in this witness.
Well Of course Yaright. What i ment by that is IN christ, our righteousness is Noahs>>>>BECOMMING CHRISTS. We are ABOVE and BEYOND Noah, to original MAn created perfect, and THEN BEYOND that to CHRIST JESUS. Thats what sanctification is, making YOU inot the likenes of Jesus. knockign out the bumbs and nothches, to make you Holy and perfect. We are washed adn mande innocent, and THEN tested and refined to become the immage of CHRIST. so our righteousness goes to Noahs, meanign ALL thigns are now clean, our heart doesnt condemn becasue of baptism(the flood is a picture of it) washed us clean(the earth being a shadow/symbol of US, our heart beign the LAND) So thats what i ment. I did NOT mean that Noah is our righteousness, no, just that, in comparison to MOSES and NOAH, thepeopel of ISRAEL and Noah, we are broght back to NOAH, and THEN Supercede noah becasue of CHRIST JESUS. I shoudl have made myself more clear, becaeu even I re-readign that was like "NO!! WAIT!!" haha I would have said somthing too. Jesus bless you.

D

Deadflesh

i enjoy your posts yaright.
have you considered the samaritan woman at the well and her 5 husbands (and the one she was with was not her husband) - reflecting samaria's 5 deities and their partial/superficial commitment to the I AM?
z

YES!! Physical/ spiritual.

I think thats pretty dead on Zonzies.

D

Deadflesh

I wonder if the flood waters of Noah has any connection with the flood mentioned in Revelations.....

Flood waters of Noah refer to Baptism. Making ALL clean, and NEW, to then Work UP from. Baptism makes us NEW CREATURES, Cleasend our GROUND. The LAND was wicked, and GOD cleasned the LAND. Only a a new creature can be conformed to JESUS. Only the Righteous(noah) can truly follow GOD...but just shortly after the flood, NIMROD walked away from GOD, and follwoed after SELF again. Baal. SELF worship. GOD, Jesus, He destroyed the wikedness in the land. and then promised to NEVER destroy the PHSYCIAL with a flood again.

The FLOOD in Revelations is a flood of deception and darkness(spiritual) it is the word of SATAN(water out of his mouth)

But I get carried away, and apparently answer questions that were not directed torwards me :) haha. I wonder if Yaright agrees?

Y

yaright

have you considered the samaritan woman at the well and her 5 husbands (and the one she was with was not her husband) - reflecting samaria's 5 deities and their partial/superficial commitment to the I AM?
z
Yes, I have considered this. I am missing knowledge of the numeral 5. That alone will answer many questions I have on a personal plane. When she confessed her worldly approach in life, giving witness in the village of her life and the One who knows all things; they began looking for Him. I know you have more. What is it you'd like to share?

Y

yaright

Well Of course Yaright. What i ment by that is IN christ, our righteousness is Noahs>>>>BECOMMING CHRISTS. We are ABOVE and BEYOND Noah, to original MAn created perfect, and THEN BEYOND that to CHRIST JESUS. Thats what sanctification is, making YOU inot the likenes of Jesus. knockign out the bumbs and nothches, to make you Holy and perfect. We are washed adn mande innocent, and THEN tested and refined to become the immage of CHRIST. so our righteousness goes to Noahs, meanign ALL thigns are now clean, our heart doesnt condemn becasue of baptism(the flood is a picture of it) washed us clean(the earth being a shadow/symbol of US, our heart beign the LAND) So thats what i ment. I did NOT mean that Noah is our righteousness, no, just that, in comparison to MOSES and NOAH, thepeopel of ISRAEL and Noah, we are broght back to NOAH, and THEN Supercede noah becasue of CHRIST JESUS. I shoudl have made myself more clear, becaeu even I re-readign that was like "NO!! WAIT!!" haha I would have said somthing too. Jesus bless you.
Deadflesh, I am not against you. To help you see why I am this way, there is an expression I use to reveal it.

"As you speak, don't you also learn?"

I am very glad that you are not offended because of me. We both continue to learn difficult things about who we are and why we are that way in God's sight. It is not until we examine biblical language from within that we ask (pray) for understanding that reveals the hidden things. Even then, the things we wrestle with.....Proverbs 27:17

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

There are some on this site who are generous with kindness as we struggle for understanding. Tact is not one of my strong points.

Your post concerning Noah is a strong witness that gave me words to complete what I've known for some time concerning waters and the direction of all things; and did not know how to say it. Thank you.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
SCAVENGERS ARE UNHEALTHY.
they are not meant to eat. people ARE sick from eating unhealthy meats. but people eat whatever they want.

i just decided when i did the research on it not to eat scavengers.

this has nothing to do with spirituality or Law for me.
it's a HEALTH issue.

if people want to eat a scavenger (swine) which has no sweat glands to expel toxins, but keeps them stored in thier fat; eats its young live; go for it.
its the same as eating a crow.

God described clean meats as those who split the hoof and chew the cud. He cares about our health.
that's all i have to say on that.

Feb 16, 2011
I thought the post was about spiritual food. By the way I am eating Christian radio.

D

Deadflesh

Deadflesh, I am not against you. To help you see why I am this way, there is an expression I use to reveal it.

"As you speak, don't you also learn?"

I am very glad that you are not offended because of me. We both continue to learn difficult things about who we are and why we are that way in God's sight. It is not until we examine biblical language from within that we ask (pray) for understanding that reveals the hidden things. Even then, the things we wrestle with.....Proverbs 27:17

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

There are some on this site who are generous with kindness as we struggle for understanding. Tact is not one of my strong points.

Your post concerning Noah is a strong witness that gave me words to complete what I've known for some time concerning waters and the direction of all things; and did not know how to say it. Thank you.
Your welcome Yaright i KNOW you are not agaisnt me. And honestly if you were agaisnt ME it woudlnt matter :) but i know you are not. and you are ABSOULTEY right, Iron sharpens Iron, and i am NOT unteachable. i have learned allot from those on this website, and i hope that others have learned, or at least been confirmed by thigns i post. If im not lettign self get in the way of it. Only the LORD knows. And i would LOVE to have a deep conversation one day ON the deeper Biblical language. I just always want to make sure that IM beign clear adn not confusing. Anyway Jesus Bles you.

D

Deadflesh

I'm wondering why you said this.
I think that The Samritain woman was a symbol of the Samartian religion. So i was agreeing with her idea that the samaritan woman represented the samaritain religon, that the one she has now is NOT the real religion.

I mis-read zones Comment, and answered prematurly.I do think it was spiritual, an not phsycial. The woman at the well wasnt MARRIED, but her religion was. I don't think its about deities(as zone said, but i repleyed quick) but about the religion its self, Samaria had had 5 new religions that moved into the area and the people of samaria MARIED(was unfaith ful to Most high God, and yoked with unbelivers) thes 5 husbands.

1 Kings 17:24-25
The king of Assyria brought people from Babylon, Cuthah, Avva, Hamath and Sepharvaim and settled them in the towns of Samaria to replace the Israelites. They took over Samaria and lived in its towns. When they first lived there, they did not worship the Lord; so he sent lions among them and they killed some of the people

So i had agreed with the fact that it was SPIRITUAL not completely physical That this woman at the well was not in PHSYCIAL adultery, but her PEOPLE had married 5 husbands, and NOW the one she is with(the samritain religon she was in then) was NOT True GOD.

Here is a good quick studdy on it---> SAMARITAN WOMAN in the Gospel of John; the Woman at the Well is the first Apostle

Thats why i said what i said, Yaright. I was excited. :)

A

AnandaHya

that title to the link makes one raise an eyebrow. the Samaritan woman was NOT the first Apostle. i'm glad the article doesn't say that but that she acted as one. wonder why the link comes up with that title?

D

Deadflesh

that title to the link makes one raise an eyebrow. the Samaritan woman was NOT the first Apostle. i'm glad the article doesn't say that but that she acted as one. wonder why the link comes up with that title?
Hahah yeah its a Catholic thing i do belive, "St Photini" i do not belive anyone truly knows her name and its not even the point. I dotn know if ALL thigns the writer of this website is correct, but i do know that this article is.(and what she writes about mary magdaline) ALWAYS take truth FROM the lies. Let the Holy spirit show you ALL truth, ALL of GODS peopel are IN Babylon, and God is callign us OUT. NO ONE started OUT of babylon.

Last edited:
Y

yaright

z
I forgot to mention that I did not know of the 5 deities as husbands; until you brought this to my attention. Thank you. Now, to me, another facet has been added to the greater picture. The One who was with the Samaritan woman at the well (is the Holy One) was not her Husband. But He knew of the gods she worshipped. The marriage of the Lamb of God is His Temple. The Samaritan woman gave witness to people in the village that this Man knew all things concerning her. None of her other gods had done this. So when the people heard these things, they wanted to know who this Man is! I've known for sometime now that the man she was with, was not her Husband. But it wasn't until you gave witness that the 5 were deities, that I finally understood why that parable language was worded this way.

Do you know the meaning of the numeral 5, and what that number means in this language?

L

Laodicea

Matthew 15:11
(11) Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

What exactly is Jesus talking about? Who was he talking to?
Matthew 15:1-2
(1) Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
(2) Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

To the Pharisees everything was about the outward, they thought that a person could be defiled with sin by association by outward.
Mark 2:16
(16) And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
Luke 19:7
(7) And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
Luke 7:39
(39) Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

The gospel is to change a person from the inside out not just an outward display.
Matthew 23:25-26
(25) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
(26) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Matthew 13:33
(33) Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
Colossians 1:27
(27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

So from this we can see that Matthew 15:11 is not a lesson on health but, it is teaching the gospel and the change of heart that it should bring. So since what is within is defiled then we need a change within.

So if Christ is within us what kind of person would we be?

Aug 18, 2011
they are not meant to eat. people ARE sick from eating unhealthy meats. but people eat whatever they want.

it's a HEALTH issue.

if people want to eat a scavenger (swine) which has no sweat glands to expel toxins, but keeps them stored in thier fat; eats its young live; go for it.

God described clean meats as those who split the hoof and chew the cud. He cares about our health.
There is much truth in what you say. As a hunter I refuse to hunt for omnivores or meat eaters(bears wolves or any other type of scavenger that eats dead flesh) for food purposes as the flesh of an omnivore or carnivore should never be consumed.

This rule though doesn't apply obviously to carnivores of the water which all fish most certainly are and yet some people may have an aversion scavengers of the sea(shellfish and crustaceans in general)

I personally do not have an offense against pork because if I did 1/3 of my meat intake would be nullified and though it is true pigs have been known to consume flesh None of the pork I have ever eaten consumed flesh as I know where all of it is raised and what its fed.
However if one found oneself in a survival situation you may be forced to be not so choosy about the source of ones calories and more concerned about just having something which is, generally speaking, better than nothing

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I forgot to mention that I did not know of the 5 deities as husbands; until you brought this to my attention. Thank you. Now, to me, another facet has been added to the greater picture. The One who was with the Samaritan woman at the well (is the Holy One) was not her Husband. But He knew of the gods she worshipped. The marriage of the Lamb of God is His Temple. The Samaritan woman gave witness to people in the village that this Man knew all things concerning her. None of her other gods had done this. So when the people heard these things, they wanted to know who this Man is! I've known for sometime now that the man she was with, was not her Husband. But it wasn't until you gave witness that the 5 were deities, that I finally understood why that parable language was worded this way.

Do you know the meaning of the numeral 5, and what that number means in this language?
i should add yaright that i believe completely that woman actually did have 5 former men as husbands and was living with another though not married.
the other is just an additional truth.
she was apparently ostracized by her community, being at the well alone rather than with the other women.

re numbers in scripture: i looked at that for a time but don't give it much attention...i am careful not to try to find hidden meanings in things. if they become evident by studying history (samaria's idolatry) or show a repeated pattern (12's) then i can accept them, but i don't go looking for it.

i've read that the number 5 represents Grace though don't know why that's been determined. no clue.

Last edited:
L

Laodicea

However if one found oneself in a survival situation you may be forced to be not so choosy about the source of ones calories and more concerned about just having something which is, generally speaking, better than nothing
If we were in a survival situation we would trust in God. He feed Israel for 40 years He fed Elijah from birds He could feed us.

L

Laodicea

it's a HEALTH issue.

Amen Zone there is a reason why God told us not to eat it.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Amen Zone there is a reason why God told us not to eat it.
well, He laid all the food stuff out clearly, including the semi-clean if we are in a jam:D
even the insects that can be eaten (yuck).

i watch survivor man...crazy guy but could come in handy.

the fish are also listed as which are clean and unclean (God even notes the fins, and scales for us).