What are you listening to?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lexi777
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
You Are Love
:)
For some reason YouTube doesn't let the counter on your songs receive the 👍🏼.
I did on this song after listening and it remained zero. Waited, did it 3 times and never registered.
I don't expect that it makes a difference for monetization yet, but thought you might want to know. We'll just make up for it here.
😎👍🏼👍🏼Fonzy 2 thumbs up.
 
Psssst pass me that glockenspiel said nobody ever LOL

hq720.jpg
I always wanted a glockenspiel ! It was the only musical instrument I could play as a child . I would still quite like one now . Think I might b a frustrated percussionist 😆 .
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Magenta
For some reason YouTube doesn't let the counter on your songs receive the 👍🏼.
I did on this song after listening and it remained zero. Waited, did it 3 times and never registered.
I don't expect that it makes a difference for monetization yet, but thought you might want to know. We'll just make up for it here.
😎👍🏼👍🏼Fonzy 2 thumbs up.
That is weird! I know nothing!!! LOL. But thank you for listening and your support and likes even if they do not register...
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
That is weird! I know nothing!!! LOL. But thank you for listening and your support and likes even if they do not register...
I went back and reread my comment. I meant to say that happened to some songs, but not all. It wouldn't register on that last one. It might be occuring with others too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
I went back and reread my comment. I meant to say that happened to some songs, but not all. It wouldn't register on that last one. It might be occuring with others too.
Thank you for letting me know, do you think I should let the tube know? I wonder why this happens. I did go and look to see if it was something I clicked on upload? There are so many things you have to do... click this, select that, it is quite the process! And in fact there was one option I had wrong for most of my videos, it was in what is called the "category" drop down, it seems to have been auto-selected for "people and blogs" and I have now chosen "music" for most of my videos, it was in the show more area haha, that is what I have to click also to add tags to my vids. As I said, it is quite a process getting a vid up there haha, some things I cannot even select right away, like the visible thumbnail... I usually have to wait a few minutes before I can make that selection, and I always try to get my end frame where my text says "Thank You Lord Jesus" at the end of each vid to show. But even this is not always possible...
 
Thank you for letting me know, do you think I should let the tube know? I wonder why this happens. I did go and look to see if it was something I clicked on upload? There are so many things you have to do... click this, select that, it is quite the process! And in fact there was one option I had wrong for most of my videos, it was in what is called the "category" drop down, it seems to have been auto-selected for "people and blogs" and I have now chosen "music" for most of my videos, it was in the show more area haha, that is what I have to click also to add tags to my vids. As I said, it is quite a process getting a vid up there haha, some things I cannot even select right away, like the visible thumbnail... I usually have to wait a few minutes before I can make that selection, and I always try to get my end frame where my text says "Thank You Lord Jesus" at the end of each vid to show. But even this is not always possible...
I don't post content yet, but From what I understand others who monetize, it does make a difference if you have thumbs up , even down, comments and share. That might not be an issue now, but some day it hopefully will.
The other thing is that the responses affect the algorithm, that software YouTube uses to promote channels. I heard that it considers the regularity of new content and the responses. Maybe it will pick up on your channel some day and display it to others interested in Christian music. That's another reason why it may eventually make a difference. I wouldn't stress over it at all, but try to find out when you have time and inclination. Maybe there's a reason that can be corrected.

You put a whole lot more work into your songs than anyone realizes.
Hopefully you can get credit for it. If not, the Lord certainly knows and can reward you in glory.
🙂
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Magenta
Officially ended my relationship with Carrie, so I'll be listening to The Book of Psalms quite a bit to heal from grief

Psalm 1:1

Book One

The Way of the Righteous and the Wicked

[1] Blessed is the man
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
 
I love these lyrics:
Smoke clouds
All around
Couldn’t see your face
Darkness consumed me
Stuck in the bitterness

But I know there’s a light
That’s waiting up ahead
So, I’ll stay in the fight
And look to the one who said

Hold on just a little bit longer
I know it’s gonna be okay
These days are gonna make you stronger
You’ll find purpose in the pain
Hold on just a little bit longer
Deep down there’s a well of faith
Let hope arise as you’re lifting up my name
And just hold on, hold on, hold on

Your promise
It still stands
It’s chasing after me
The rainbow
Through storm clouds
Is how I’m gonna see
That there is a light That’s waiting up ahead
So I’ll stay in the fight
And look to the one who said

Just wait til you see what’s at the end of the road
A new life is ready to unfold

Hold on just a little bit longer
I know it’s gonna be okay
These days are gonna make you stronger
You’ll find purpose in the pain
Hold on just a little bit longer
Deep down there’s a well of faith
Let hope arise as you’re lifting up my name
And just hold on, hold on, hold on

 
  • Heart
Reactions: Magenta
I love these lyrics:
Smoke clouds
All around
Couldn’t see your face
Darkness consumed me
Stuck in the bitterness

But I know there’s a light
That’s waiting up ahead
So, I’ll stay in the fight
And look to the one who said

Hold on just a little bit longer
I know it’s gonna be okay
These days are gonna make you stronger
You’ll find purpose in the pain
Hold on just a little bit longer
Deep down there’s a well of faith
Let hope arise as you’re lifting up my name
And just hold on, hold on, hold on

Your promise
It still stands
It’s chasing after me
The rainbow
Through storm clouds
Is how I’m gonna see
That there is a light That’s waiting up ahead
So I’ll stay in the fight
And look to the one who said

Just wait til you see what’s at the end of the road
A new life is ready to unfold

Hold on just a little bit longer
I know it’s gonna be okay
These days are gonna make you stronger
You’ll find purpose in the pain
Hold on just a little bit longer
Deep down there’s a well of faith
Let hope arise as you’re lifting up my name
And just hold on, hold on, hold on

Reminded me of this song by Colin Bernard (same title: Hold On)


In this land of the broken hearted
Where innocence is stumbling in the streets
I reach for your hand, I kiss your cheek
God only knows the sadness you conceal

Nothing is the same any more.

So hold on, hold on.
The day is coming when you will cry no more
So hold on, hold on.
Fix your eyes on what you’ve been waiting for

We’ve been up and down this road before
So don’t let them steal what’s left of your heart
Nothing is the same anymore.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Godsgirl1983