What brings/brought you here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I was bored one day, googled Christian chatrooms, and here I am. Lol

danja

Nov 28, 2014
at the time i joined cc i was feeling lonely ,and didn't have christian fellowship so i started searching on google and I found it.I am glad I did since it has been a blessing in my life

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My son recommended it when I was in grief over a close pet that went on. I was on here 24/7 for a week like I was loco, but I've been delivered from the loss and I thank God for this site that kept me busy. I think I replied to every comment on the board, lol, people asked me about it and were very obliging when I explained.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello 17Bees,

If we tithe 10% and obey God’s Will, we get to live in our Father’s House on Earth. If we don’t, we struggle all our life financially and never have enough or we have more than we need and get in trouble!

It’s best to just let Father provide as we have need. Give our 10% and let our Father provide.

After Earth, the body has to stay on Earth but, our spirit and soul leave Earth.

Where do you think they go?.....,,,:unsure:
My wife is a firm believer of tithing in both thought and practice. While I do not entirely agree with tithing I do feel that we should be good stewards of what God has entrusted to us and should help the less fortunate. As her husband I abide by my wife's decision regarding tithing because if left solely up to me I would probably squander the 10% in a trivial pursuit. You are correct in saying that is indeed the Father that provides for us.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I came to talk to like-minded people. Sometimes one can be surrounded by people and have no one to talk to or feel they have no one for fear of not living up to expectations and others judgement.
I come back because I have made friends with a few people and chat regularly with them on here. I also enjoy reading others perspectives on CC with various topics and the poetry forum :)
Isn't it amazing how you can feel that way, surrounded by people yet, lonely. That's something I've experienced at times. It's an odd, but very real thing. I'm so glad you've made connections! I will have to check out the poetry forum!

**sighs** how quickly a thread degrades into answering a question that was not asked..........................

To answer the OP, I joined here in December of 2010 just prior to the Great CC Crash of 2011 where several months worth of posts (and new profiles) were lost thus my account showing my join date in Jan 2011 just after the site came back on line. At the time (thanks to the economy tanking) I had been out of work for a couple of months and was in a really bad spot emotionally as a result.
At that time all of my time on site was spent in the chat rooms whereas now I almost never log into chat.

I have been privileged to serve on site staff since initially as a chatroom Moderator and later as an Administrator since June of 2011.
I remember when that glitch happened. I got my screen name back, but my posts and what not were lost. It was some time before being able to get back on.

It's amazing what the Lord uses to guide us to certain places. Often times it's not easy getting there, but His end result is worth it.
I was feeling a great loss after losing my mom very unexpectedly. Shortly after a relationship that I had thought would lead to marriage. I felt pretty empty, confused and alone. I needed to be amongst others who stood on faith and believed that God has us in his loving care even when we feel so lost. You all have been wonderful spiritual therapy.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. I'm glad that the Lord lead you to a place of comfort durring such a challenging time. <3

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
When I first joined I was looking for fellowship and spent a fair bit of time in chat.
Now that I've been here awhile I spend no time in chat and a bit of time on the forums. ☺

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
My friend Mark didn't want to join the site alone , so he asked me to accompany him. I did.... he stayed about 3 days and I've been here years.:)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My friend Mark didn't want to join the site alone , so he asked me to accompany him. I did.... he stayed about 3 days and I've been here years.:)
Time flies when you're having fun.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
When I first joined I was looking for fellowship and spent a fair bit of time in chat.
Now that I've been here awhile I spend no time in chat and a bit of time on the forums. ☺
That was the same for me and it seems to be a trend. We tend to navigate to the forums the longer we're here. That's interesting. :)

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Let's see....
After my wife passed away and the newness of the situation wore off and became a new normal (that's the best I can describe it now) and as people that were involved a lot slowly went back to their own lives I was looking for some people to talk to.

My daughter and I used a texting/chat app to text each other. This app had chat groups you could join, so I did. I found that there are a lot of scammers and catfishers. I had enough of that and was tired of the not so clean chat. I found CC on the playstore. I downloaded it and tried it a few times here and there. It was hard for me to follow. I had that probably a year till I realized there was a website with forums.

I like the forums much better.

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
What’s the difference between chat and answering a posted thread? I’m still new at this...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Chat is real-time. Forum is leave a message and come back later to see what people said.

Chat is a group of people talking right now. Forum is a group text message with all those people in the group.

Feb 2, 2019
Liverpool
Fellowship with those in the same situation as people devoted to Christ seeking our marriage partners. I feel to know one is not alone in this walk and has brothers and sisters marching to the gate with them towards the Father is a comforting thing.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I came here to help new Christians grow in the knowledge of Salvation
I came here to help seekers understand the Gospel
I came here to share the thought i have about God with fellow Christians

S

suzzyQ

To distract me and help get my mind off current depressing circumstances.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I got on here to promote my books and because I was lonely for fellowship. Also to see how peoples' level of faith was progressing. After learning that many people have thrown off the fables that were started by the RCC, I was pleasantly surprised.

I was astounded how much knowledge the online brethren had compared to the average pew warmers. I was also surprised that many strong Christians haven't been attending brick and mortar churches. :cool:

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
Chat is real-time. Forum is leave a message and come back later to see what people said.

Chat is a group of people talking right now. Forum is a group text message with all those people in the group.
Ok thanks!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I've really enjoyed getting to know all of you through your posts in the threads. It's amazing how much you can learn about someone through their posts.

Some of you have been here for years and others are new. What was it that initially lead you here? Maybe it was something simple, maybe it was circumstances in life.

Anyone care to share?
I really want to answer this, and I might.. I'm not sure yet.