What can you offer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
How do you feel about eating grilled meat daily, if you man does the cooking?
My first question would be regarding the source of the supplier.

If it's Interstate 94 (especially during a holiday), that would raise not just one, but both, of my eyebrows...

Because I doubt any local grocery store could supply that much fresh meat on its own.

I prefer my grilled meat to have actual grill marks, rather than tire tracks. :)

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Stability and macaroni and cheese with hotdogs cut up in it.

No, but seriously I can offer you macaroni and cheese with hotdogs cut up in it.
The most important question here is... Are they Oscar Mayer hotdogs.

Also... Does your bologna have a first name?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
My first question would be regarding the source of the supplier.

If it's Interstate 94 (especially during a holiday), that would raise not just one, but both, of my eyebrows...

Because I doubt any local grocery store could supply that much fresh meat on its own.

I prefer my grilled meat to have actual grill marks, rather than tire tracks. :)
I can eat up to 5lbs of beef a day (I know it sounds like I'm a lightweight) but Farm Fresh, Food Lion, and Wegmans has done me well.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I can eat up to 5lbs of beef a day (I know it sounds like I'm a lightweight) but Farm Fresh, Food Lion, and Wegmans has done me well.
Five pounds of beef a day???

You don't need a woman, Tommy.

What you really need is your own cattle ranch. :p

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014

Also... Does your bologna have a first name?
What a question. Of COURSE they're Oscar Meyer hotdogs. What kind of monster do you think I am! :p

My bologna and I are on a strictly first name basis.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
What a question. Of COURSE they're Oscar Meyer hotdogs. What kind of monster do you think I am! :p

My bologna and I are on a strictly first name basis.
I totally hate it when I have to ask SOMEONE ELSE what my bologna's name is. :mad:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The indignity of it

I'm here for you!

;)
I hate to stoop to this so early in the morning but...

Saturn, do you know what my bologna's name is?

I promise, I had it written on a card...

Jul 25, 2015
This topic set off an internal debate in my head. Do I respond seriously or just make jokes. Do I really know all my weaknesses as strongly as I do my strengths. Would I dare admit all my weaknesses online even though it is anonymous?

I honestly feel that I have a lot to offer a partner and in my 30s I really desired to get married and put myself out there actively searching. I was not successful in locating someone who was emotionally healthy. Strange word I realize but it really fits. So it begs the question am I as healthy as I perceive myself to be or was it just a timing issue, geographical location issue, etc..

In my 40s I slowly began to reduce my active search for a healthy relationship and just focused on enjoying my life. I'm active in my church and community of friends and while I would not ignore someone if we ran across each other I would hope that all I have to offer would be apparent should a relationship develop.

I realize I have not answered the question and my list of qualities both humorous and serious were not provided...igniting another debate. Do I send this or delete it? Must be in a weird space today. What the heck..hitting send.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I simply cannot resist interjecting here that the proper term is wiener.
An Oscar Mayer Wiener in macaroni and cheese sounds delightful :D
I used to eat such concoctions myself :D
One would never put a hot dog in pasta :eek:
At least, not one such as I :eek:

[video=youtube;aNddW2xmZp8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8[/video]

This song, and the wiener-mobile, were quite famous in my time :p

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I simply cannot resist interjecting here that the proper term is wiener.
An Oscar Mayer Wiener in macaroni and cheese sounds delightful :D
I used to eat such concoctions myself :D
One would never put a hot dog in pasta :eek:
At least, not one such as I :eek:

Thank goodness we have our very own Lady Magenta here to rescue the dignity of the wiener!

Lady M, I officially apologize for my all-too-liberal use of the "H-(otdog) Word."

I shall try my best to never be so crass again. :p

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Maxwel: This thread is not supposed to be about how to find a spouse. It is supposed to be a place to list what qualities you might be able to bring to the table in a partnership. Can you please take the thread in the spirit in which it was started?

Not EVERY thread has to be a debate.

Addressing the real issue of the thread?

Lynx,

That's exactly what I'm doing.

This thread was started, right in the OP, with the assertion of a false dilemma.
I'm addressing the false dilemma that was raised in the opening post.

I'm not accusing Tommy of any ill intentions.
But apparently he genuinely, and with sincere intentions, views dating in terms of this false dichotomy.
And when he discusses the matter of dating, he always presents it in terms of this false dilemma.

Again, I'm not accusing Tommy of any bad intentions,
and I've heard this same false dilemma raised right here in CC many many times.
I think it's a very common misunderstanding in Christianity.

Because it seems to be a COMMON MISUNDERSTANDING, and it WAS ASSERTED IN THE OP...
it's appropriate for me to address it.

It's appropriate for me to address foundational issues raised in the opening post.

It is commonly asserted a christian man has two methods to find a wife:
A. Be unassertive, sit home like a monk and pray, and wait for God to drop a girl at your door.
B. Be assertive, go out and find a woman, wholly without any help or guidance from God, expecting God to have no interest in the matter.

This is a very common false dilemma, and it's repeated and over and over.
And it's an error.
I explain the issue, and a biblical alternatives, in post #29.

Lynx,
In post #29, where I address this issue in detail, I think you'll find it to be the opposite of some cold heartless "debate."
What I talk about is how a more BIBLICAL VIEW of seeking a wife would be to do everything based on our walk with God.
We are to seek a wife through a close walk with God, in which we are pro-active, and assertive, but submitted to God's guidance, walking in relationship to Him.
That isn't really a matter of debate.
That is just to restate what the Bible clearly says about HOW WE SHOULD DO EVERYTHING.
We should seek a wife in this manner, because we are TOLD TO DO EVERYTHING IN THIS MANNER.

* If you think what I said is in error, then point out the error.
* If you think I'm off topic, a reread of the OP will show you everything I'm discussing was brought up by Tommy right in the OP, not dreamed up by me.
* If you think it's wrong of me to be contrary, and disagreeable... well... is it genuinely wrong of me to suggest people REFOCUS ON THEIR WALK WITH GOD, when someone is suggesting we should FOCUS ON OURSELVES AND IGNORE GOD?

I think you're a nice guy, and I think Tommy is a nice guy.
But I think that sometimes we need to take a deep breath, slow down, and really think about what we're saying.

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
I hate to stoop to this so early in the morning but...

Saturn, do you know what my bologna's name is?

I promise, I had it written on a card...
If I have to tell you his (and I'm not saying it's a he!) name, do you really feel you're deserving of him?? (Again, to clarify, not saying it's a he!)

You know how sensitive they can be!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank goodness we have our very own Lady Magenta here to rescue the dignity of the wiener!

Lady M, I officially apologize for my all-too-liberal use of the "H-(otdog) Word."

I shall try my best to never be so crass again. :p
Oh, Ms. Kim, it is not crass to say hot dog :)

It is just that, a hot dog (a wiener in a bun) is what one eats when no mac and cheese is handy to enjoy the Oscar Mayer wiener with :D Now there's the real tragedy :eek:

S

Stranger36147

Stranger,

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

From what I've seen in your posts, you are kind, compassionate, willing to give anyone a chance, and very encouraging.

Believe me, now days those qualities can be very rare--and are something any woman can appreciate.

Please, don't sell yourself short. :)
Thank you, seoulsearch. I appreciate that more than you know. I tried to build you up and now you're trying to build me up. That's what friends are for, right? And if friends doesn't sound right, I'd like to think we're good acquaintances at least. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If I have to tell you his (and I'm not saying it's a he!) name, do you really feel you're deserving of him?? (Again, to clarify, not saying it's a he!)

You know how sensitive they can be!
Girl, that's why I'm depending on YOU.

Because I'm thinking his feelings are really going to be hurt if he realizes I forgot his name.

Maybe from now on, I'd better make sure my wieners are all gender-neutral.

(Hmm. Would that mean that a male wiener would be a HIE-ner and a female would be a SHIE-ner?)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

Lynx,

This thread was started, right in the OP, with the assertion of a false dilemma.

But apparently he genuinely, and with sincere intentions, views dating in terms of this false dichotomy.
And when he discusses the matter of dating, he always presents it in terms of this false dilemma.

Because it seems to be a COMMON MISUNDERSTANDING, and it WAS ASSERTED IN THE OP...

It's appropriate for me to address foundational issues raised in the opening post.

A. Be unassertive, sit home like a monk and pray, and wait for God to drop a girl at your door.
B. Be assertive, go out and find a woman, wholly without any help or guidance from God, expecting God to have no interest in the matter.

And it's an error.

Lynx,
In post #29, where I address this issue in detail, I think you'll find it to be the opposite of some cold heartless "debate."
What I talk about is how a more BIBLICAL VIEW of seeking a wife would be to do everything based on our walk with God.
We are to seek a wife through a close walk with God, in which we are pro-active, and assertive, but submitted to God's guidance, walking in relationship to Him.
That is just to restate what the Bible clearly says about HOW WE SHOULD DO EVERYTHING.
We should seek a wife in this manner, because we are TOLD TO DO EVERYTHING IN THIS MANNER.

* If you think I'm off topic, a reread of the OP will show you everything I'm discussing was brought up by Tommy right in the OP, not dreamed up by me.
* If you think it's wrong of me to be contrary, and disagreeable... well... is it genuinely wrong of me to suggest people REFOCUS ON THEIR WALK WITH GOD, when someone is suggesting we should FOCUS ON OURSELVES AND IGNORE GOD?

But I think that sometimes we need to take a deep breath, slow down, and really think about what we're saying.

Maxwil is the reason there is so much fine print to read through.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Thank you, seoulsearch. I appreciate that more than you know. I tried to build you up and now you're trying to build me up. That's what friends are for, right? And if friends doesn't sound right, I'd like to think we're good acquaintances at least. :)
Stranger, I definitely see you as a friend here.

Thank you for being so kind, not just to me, but to so many others as well. :)

God bless you.

S

Susanna

Lynx,

And it's an error.

Lynx,

Max, sometimes you remind me of a guy from the Ozarks. He could suddenly be yelling at people in the middle of a conversation, before he went all normal again...and then back to yelling...all I'm saying is that your excessive use of caps makes you come across...

...SCREAMING

haha