What did the Church teach historically about the second coming?
I have the early christian writings outside the NT.
I have the early christian writings outside the NT.
What did the Church teach historically about the second coming?
I have the early christian writings outside the NT.
All of the "Writing" church leaders were all over the place with what they thought about John's apocalypse.What did the Church teach historically about the second coming?
I have the early christian writings outside the NT.
Yeah....Hi all, I was asking for the early christian writings outside the NT quotes. I already gave one being Didache 16.
Hi all, I was asking for the early christian writings outside the NT quotes. I already gave one being Didache 16.
Would this also include the Writings from the Disciples of John like Papias and Polycarp?Hi all, I was asking for the early christian writings outside the NT quotes. I already gave one being Didache 16.
Would this also include the Writings from the Disciples of John like Papias and Polycarp?
Their Writings would be around 80 to 110 A.D. in Papyrus Dating.
Yes, I would include up to about 600 AD because the early Fathers were taught by the Apostles. The Fathers were among those who made copies of the NT. I am not sure when corruption came into play --- I am not really sure it ever came into play until maybe the middle ages. I am being conservative with 600 AD since I do not remember history I studied as a historian.
The corruption began around 313 A.D. when the Roman government began to make concessions with the church fathers to fully end the persecution of the saints. In that time they promoted the term "Christians" to replace "believers, saints, and children/sons of God". "Christians" fit neatly into their "master/student" model of philosopher schools and followings.
In 325 the move to make Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire was codified in the Nicene Creed and fully adopted in February of 380. Shortly thereafter pagan temples were removed or repurposed for church use with statues and figures renamed to fit the Roman church pantheon of God, Jesus, Mary, and the major saints. This was done to make the monotheistic teachings of the scriptures more palatable for the polytheistic Roman citizens. It worked, by the way; the heresies of Rome are still accepted and taught as canon in the Roman church.
Gee, the cannon of NT was made in 399 AD, should we also distrust the Bible since it was the Church Fathers made copies of the NT?
The corruption began around 313 A.D. when the Roman government began to make concessions with the church fathers to fully end the persecution of the saints. In that time they promoted the term "Christians" to replace "believers, saints, and children/sons of God". "Christians" fit neatly into their "master/student" model of philosopher schools and followings.
In 325 the move to make Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire was codified in the Nicene Creed and fully adopted in February of 380. Shortly thereafter pagan temples were removed or repurposed for church use with statues and figures renamed to fit the Roman church pantheon of God, Jesus, Mary, and the major saints. This was done to make the monotheistic teachings of the scriptures more palatable for the polytheistic Roman citizens. It worked, by the way; the heresies of Rome are still accepted and taught as canon in the Roman church.
What did the Church teach historically about the second coming?
I have the early christian writings outside the NT.
ok then..Yes, I would include up to about 600 AD because the early Fathers were taught by the Apostles. The Fathers were among those who made copies of the NT. I am not sure when corruption came into play --- I am not really sure it ever came into play until maybe the middle ages. I am being conservative with 600 AD since I do not remember history I studied as a historian.
The Rapture is Pre Trib, however, you desire to TWIST it isn't going g to stop God from His pre-trib Rapture. The better question is what is the reason people can't decipher the bible? I see it as a Holy Spirit problem.What did the Church teach historically about the second coming?
I have the early christian writings outside the NT.
But this Section from Polycarp shows us they were not Preaching a Second Coming, but how to Survive Day to Day, in the 1st Century of the Church just AFTER the Apostles.