What did you get for Christmas?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Isn't it a little early for this thread?? :sneaky: Oh heck, why not! :ROFL:

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Let's see so far I've got:

A bath stuff basket for my brother's girlfriend.
A book and DVD for my brother
A checkbook cover for my mom
A blanket for my neice
Sketchbooks and pencils for my other niece
a sonic screwdriver for my nephew (who's dr who crazy and likes to pretend that closets are tardises)

Still several more to go, but the idea is to get my shopping done by thanksgiving because I usually end up doing other people's shopping for them as well.

What do you mean that wasn't what this thread is about?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Is there any polite way to tell your friends and family to not get you anything?

I already have too much stuff and I'm running out of places to put stuff. I don't want any more stuff. But this Christmas I'll be getting more stuff.

But if I tell them not to get me any more stuff they will either think I'm rude or won't listen to me.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Is there any polite way to tell your friends and family to not get you anything?

I already have too much stuff and I'm running out of places to put stuff. I don't want any more stuff. But this Christmas I'll be getting more stuff.

But if I tell them not to get me any more stuff they will either think I'm rude or won't listen to me.
Then you ask for consumables like restaurant or theater gift cards or good chocolate or bread baking supplies or something. Or there's always the make a donation in my honor to help people who actually need stuff because I don't need stuff option, several development organizations make whole gift catalogs around this idea.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Then you ask for consumables like restaurant or theater gift cards or good chocolate or bread baking supplies or something. Or there's always the make a donation in my honor to help people who actually need stuff because I don't need stuff option, several development organizations make whole gift catalogs around this idea.
Great idea! :D

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Someone has probably already said this, but, shoot, it's true, so what the heck

What did I get for Christmas?

The BILL