What do Christian women REALLY want in a man...and is it any different than worldly women?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I have talked to thousands of men and women regarding this topic over the years. For the longest time I thought Christian women wanted the sweetest, most accommodating guy they could find. My observation has taught me worldly women want someone fun, masculine, relaxed, essentially the cool cat. But, what are your observatin noons? Has anything changed in the past 20 years or is that just myllllll
second time
Lol..great topic question..especially since each woman is different..but if shes truly a Godly woman she will be looking for a Godly (not perfect) man that loves the Lord..takes His God given responsibilities seriously (see Bible references for this) and she'll try and see a man through Gods eyes..the rest will fall into place if God brings 2 together..thats why i laugh when i see lists from both men an women of "must haves"...we dont know the future and we often dont know ourselves and whats best for us..God does..so trust in Him is crucial...God wants tge very best for us...so if we want to date someone that God thinks isnt for our best..THANK HIM..he is saving you from that...And men..this whole thing like "well en are visual"..ok well..which eyes are you looking through..human or Godly..what makes a woman beautiful? (And women 6 figure incomes from a man wont make you happy either)..i heard the saying that if God brings you something or someone..He'll probide a way for you to keep it...its often when we take our eyes off God that we get in trouble...

Some of us have enough experience to know exactly what we NEED in a relationship/marriage.

He must be a God loving role model and leader for his family.
A man who gets his strength from the Lord.
A man that takes care of his wife and family as they need to be taken care of.
Gentle when they need gentleness.
Firm when necessary but kind.
Patient.
Responsible.
Humorous.
Always loving.
Its not about how attractive on the outside he may be. I care about how he treats me as his wife and best friend. A true partner.

Apr 20, 2018
I would prefer achristian man who helps me understand God more,have time for his family and the church activities as well.Definately aman who respects my feelings too.

T

toinena

I want a man that doesn't spend his day on CC trying to convince everyone he is right. That he rescue me from this site might just benifit all of you ;-)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Well I don't go around saying "Hey guys, I know what women want!" If that was the case, then I could see how you would not trust me... but I was simply answering the OP's question which was whether there's any difference between what women wanted 20 years ago compared to today..
Btw..that movie WHAT WOMEN WANT with Mel Gibson was great..lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I would think aggressive traits, in athletics, career, and romance, shows a person who is more able to survive in this cold, cruel world.
I prefer assertive..a lot of men dont even know how to ask a woman out and plan a date..anyway..we have gotten so far removed from the original question..if christian women are different than non christian women in regards to what they want and are looking for....i see a lot of "wants and looking for" but not a lof of answers about being different?

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I prefer assertive..a lot of men dont even know how to ask a woman out and plan a date..anyway..we have gotten so far removed from the original question..if christian women are different than non christian women in regards to what they want and are looking for....i see a lot of "wants and looking for" but not a lof of answers about being different?
That question probably isn't going to be answered by noon Christian women on a Christian site...
I can tell you that when my eyes weren't on Jesus I married a man I would not marry today.
We were together for over twenty years. There was a lot of pain and sadness. He was the cool guy... the bad boy...great looking. That's most of what I got...the drinking, pot smoking, cheating boy that changed into a drinking cheating man.
I think maybe worldly females and inexperienced young females might go for those types of men...but when youve been in a few of those relationships, if you're smart, you learn to steer clear.
I'm finding it's better to be alone than subject myself to that kind of life.

K

Khalil

What Christian women want is probably a man that can read them internally and out. A guy who doesn't need to ask how they're feeling and can read between the lines of how their partner is really feeling and support them. Women test men a lot and many prefer to get chased, Why? It shows how much you care. Physical attraction is also very important, women don't like to be rude, they are all about fairness. So if you walk up to one and ask them the kind of man they prefer they would almost all say personality over sexual attraction. Which is definitely not the case. Both are very important, both emotional and physical attributes. A women wants a nice guy who is also dominant and masculine. Someone who is good with them in the bedroom, and good at touching their hearts.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That question probably isn't going to be answered by noon Christian women on a Christian site...
I can tell you that when my eyes weren't on Jesus I married a man I would not marry today.
We were together for over twenty years. There was a lot of pain and sadness. He was the cool guy... the bad boy...great looking. That's most of what I got...the drinking, pot smoking, cheating boy that changed into a drinking cheating man.
I think maybe worldly females and inexperienced young females might go for those types of men...but when youve been in a few of those relationships, if you're smart, you learn to steer clear.
I'm finding it's better to be alone than subject myself to that kind of life.
Amen! Been there..done that..sad to say...

May 12, 2016
I have wondered and prayed about that question. We all have things we are fond of and attracted to, as well as character traits and skills. That I believe goes for both men and women, Godly and worldly.

I know what I would enjoy in a man. I know my character and what would complement who I am and my weaknesses. ( help meet) as well as how I would complement and benefit his weaknesses. I do feel for folks that truly live for the Lord, they will seek a mate that has a heart that also truly seeks the Lord. (not perfect) but a solid root system in the Lord. (biblical)
Being a Godly woman, I would not choose a mate that is all about riches, partying, power, and other worldly desires. I will seek a mate that lines up with the bible. (equally yoked).

It is correct that we all are attracted to different looks, traits and skills. We are all uniquely made. What separates us from the world is our Love for the Lord and the desire to be obedient children. Oil and vinegar don't mix unless beaten together then separates quickly after. Just as worldly and Godly don't mix.