What Do Women REALLY Mean When They Say, "I Want a Man Who is a Provider!"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What Does It REALLY Mean When Women Say, "I Want a Provider!"?

• 1. The man pays for EVERYTHING, and the woman doesn't work or contribute money to the household.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 2. The man earns the most money in the family, and the woman works but earns less than he does.

• 3. The man always controls/oversees the finances (takes care of the budget and bills, etc.)

• 4. The man should be able to pay for any children that come along, no matter how many.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5. The man should be able to buy the woman anything she asks for or wants.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. The man should be able to provide for his wife, their children, and grandparents.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 7. As the family needs rise, so should the man's income.

• 8. A woman shouldn't have to work, even if the man loses his job or is let go.

• 9. Any loss/dip of income is expected to be made up for by the man.

• 10. Hold up! I have another answer and will share it in my post. :)

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I couldn't figure out how to use a smiley to clarify I was joking, but apparently, you knew I was. Cool.
yep, lol you can type a smiley with a colon ':' or a semi-colon ';' and half of an open parenthesis ')' :) ;)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
yep, lol you can type a smiley with a colon ':' or a semi-colon ';' and half of an open parenthesis ')' :);)

Thanks. I was on my cell, and I could barely see the screen. Somebody stepped on it and cracked it.

G

Gracie_14

I thought they were all 'sugar and spice, and everything nice-with candy & cookies & stuff'!
LOL :ROFL:

That was an interesting assumption if you are referring to ALL ladies...but hey, that's the world we live in....:cautious:

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
For me, I’d want a man who provides with me in partnership spiritually before emotionally/mentally/financially. Now the reason I mention a spiritual provider first is because, if our faith and belief in according with what the Word says is aligned in our relationship with one another, then the rest of the other things (security, finance etc) should fall into place.

I would love if he could spiritually provide and lead me and our family the necessary insight and ways of what it is truly to have a Christ-centred relationship.

This also has to be accountable by the wife as well, in that the wife shouldn’t heavily rely on him but be it more of a partnership, should we be married, and knowing that he is still the head of the family.

I hope this makes sense cos I’m typing this at midnight lol.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
For most, financial provision that’s sufficient to live comfortably on one income without compromising their lifestyle or interests.