You didn't create any of those things out of nothing.If you want a mirror, have a child, make art, write a diary, or clone yourself. But don’t call your reflection God...
Thoughts?
I think that person is selfish and not thinking about God but about themselves.If you want a mirror, have a child, make art, write a diary, or clone yourself. But don’t call your reflection God...
Thoughts?
I think the quote is warning against confusing ourselves or our creations with God. Whether it's stated too bluntly is another question. Calling the author selfish doesn't really address the point; it addresses the tone. You can disagree with the tone while still asking whether the underlying idea has merit.I think that person is selfish and not thinking about God but about themselves.
Forgive me i meant to say IMO a person LIKE that is selfish,they should want to know God MORE rather than themself.I think the quote is warning against confusing ourselves or our creations with God. Whether it's stated too bluntly is another question. Calling the author selfish doesn't really address the point; it addresses the tone. You can disagree with the tone while still asking whether the underlying idea has merit.
If you want a mirror, have a child, make art, write a diary, or clone yourself. But don’t call your reflection God...
Thoughts?