What do you do in the waiting period on God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 13, 2022
I people the trial that my family is going through God will restore soon. Soon can be a long time. So many examples in the Bible promises took years. It's hard and what do you do in the waiting? I feel like I cannot rejoice in anything 100% until my family is restored. I get some Joy but my heart gets sad again. I just cannot be totally happen when my heart is broken. How to cope in the waiting period. We are believers and I know we will come out of the wilderness one day. But I am restless. How can I be happy in the wilderness. Eg: lots happening Christmas is coming and we have some new guest, people who we are helping coming from a rough country we have become close, I get happy helping them butt sad for my own. I cannot look at the empty seat around the table. It is still a mystery what we are going through. Any encouragement on the waiting for my family.

F

FollowingtheWay

Look for the partial that God is giving you today. Look for his goodness and mercy in the small things of life. Sounds easier than it is I get it. But keep in mind God is moving not just at the end of the age but he moves even today. God has a wonderful plan and purpose for your life today and it might be worth trying to seek what that great purpose is. We men need mission to find greater purpose, meaning and direction . Ask yourself what is Gods purpose for me today? What is His mission for me today? He does care about you today my friend. It could be as simple as allowing your heart to adore the Father afresh. Learning to love Jesus and worship God in the small things of our daily lives like appreciating His creation in observing a butterfly and the dynamic patterns on their wings thanking God for them. Things like this. Go for a walk if able and slow your mind down to be able to breathe in and appreciate His creation around you. You will be surprised what starts to come back to you.

Oct 13, 2022
Thank you. I try to take my mind off the things I cannot change now, but you are correct. It is not easy. Whenever I am asked how am I doing my response is okay. I feel until I see my daughter again I cannot say fantastic. My heart is not feeling whole. How was your day. It was OK. How can I say Great when part of me is missing.. I try to focus on the good things, faithful son. I trying laughing but am reminded in a split second. I don't have that Joy. How to survive in the wilderness. I am trying to stop and look at the butterfly..

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I people the trial that my family is going through God will restore soon. Soon can be a long time. So many examples in the Bible promises took years. It's hard and what do you do in the waiting? I feel like I cannot rejoice in anything 100% until my family is restored. I get some Joy but my heart gets sad again. I just cannot be totally happen when my heart is broken. How to cope in the waiting period. We are believers and I know we will come out of the wilderness one day. But I am restless. How can I be happy in the wilderness. Eg: lots happening Christmas is coming and we have some new guest, people who we are helping coming from a rough country we have become close, I get happy helping them butt sad for my own. I cannot look at the empty seat around the table. It is still a mystery what we are going through. Any encouragement on the waiting for my family.
Your situation sounds somewhat similar to mine. I know that God is at work, and I know His timing is perfect. I see no point in putting life on hold while He is working. Abraham didn’t put life on hold while waiting for Isaac; his mistake was trying to fulfill God’s promise by his own effort. Unless God has given you specific direction to put parts of your life on hold, just get on with living it. That demonstrates trust and faith. :)

Oct 13, 2022
Your situation sounds somewhat similar to mine. I know that God is at work, and I know His timing is perfect. I see no point in putting life on hold while He is working. Abraham didn’t put life on hold while waiting for Isaac; his mistake was trying to fulfill God’s promise by his own effort. Unless God has given you specific direction to put parts of your life on hold, just get on with living it. That demonstrates trust and faith. :)
We are trying to enjoy life, travelling, going out, weddings, celebrations but it still feels like a dagger is in my heart, among all of the celebrations. I can see it in my family eyes. The pain among the enjoyments. I Love the parable with the lost sheep.. You have 99 but go looking for the one. That's how I feel. Trying to cope in the waiting. Sorry to hear about your situation. Can I asked what happened in yours?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
We are trying to enjoy life, travelling, going out, weddings, celebrations but it still feels like a dagger is in my heart, among all of the celebrations. I can see it in my family eyes. The pain among the enjoyments. I Love the parable with the lost sheep.. You have 99 but go looking for the one. That's how I feel. Trying to cope in the waiting. Sorry to hear about your situation. Can I asked what happened in yours?
My previous marriage ended and my kids went with her in every sense. Ten years later they still don’t talk to me.

Aug 8, 2023
Both my parents are dead, so are all my grandparents, aunts and uncles, a few friends and beloved pets, but it doesn't get me down at all, because they've simply gone where we're all going, and my turn will come to join them when i take that last great train ride into the sky..:)

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Thank you. I try to take my mind off the things I cannot change now, but you are correct. It is not easy. Whenever I am asked how am I doing my response is okay. I feel until I see my daughter again I cannot say fantastic. My heart is not feeling whole. How was your day. It was OK. How can I say Great when part of me is missing.. I try to focus on the good things, faithful son. I trying laughing but am reminded in a split second. I don't have that Joy. How to survive in the wilderness. I am trying to stop and look at the butterfly..
I can definitely relate. It has been said that the greatest grief you will ever feel is while mourning the loss of someone who is still alive, and I am right there with you. I have several loved ones who are not only lost, but who basically hate my guts as well, and it is just like having a dagger in my heart at all times.

How do I cope with it?

I pray for them, and for myself to have the strength to endure.

I also do my best to try and minister to others, even though I would much rather be ministering to my own. You know, kind of like paying it forward. I mean, everybody that I get an opportunity to minister to is somebody else's loved one. If I can minister to their loved ones, then I am hoping that somebody else might minister to my loved ones as well.

It is tough, but we have to keep moving forward.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
"Waiting" in scriptures is not standing there doing nothing....it's waiting as in table waiting....ie: being a server.

Just saying.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
What occurred after the waiting in the wilderness? The people walked into the promised land. Joshua did not deserve to wait 40 years. He was collateral damage. But it all happened within God's perfect timing. The wilderness prepared Joshua for the promise to come. You may not have a set number but you are in a season of hardship. Just like the seasons, this too shall pass but it is important not to miss what God is preparing you for.

Be close in prayer, the Word, and rest in Him for your daily manna. Trust Him in this season and you will be ready for the season to come.

Oct 13, 2022
I can definitely relate. It has been said that the greatest grief you will ever feel is while mourning the loss of someone who is still alive, and I am right there with you. I have several loved ones who are not only lost, but who basically hate my guts as well, and it is just like having a dagger in my heart at all times.

How do I cope with it?

I pray for them, and for myself to have the strength to endure.

I also do my best to try and minister to others, even though I would much rather be ministering to my own. You know, kind of like paying it forward. I mean, everybody that I get an opportunity to minister to is somebody else's loved one. If I can minister to their loved ones, then I am hoping that somebody else might minister to my loved ones as well.

It is tough, but we have to keep moving forward.
very encouraged. We are ministering to others. I pray the same, someone out there is looking after my child. I pray for strength everyday.

Oct 13, 2022
My previous marriage ended and my kids went with her in every sense. Ten years later they still don’t talk to me.
Sorry, I pray it do not take 10 more years for you or myself. I pray we can come back and give our testimony of restoration.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
It is still a mystery what we are going through. Any encouragement on the waiting for my family.
Precious friend, will pray for you. Had a similar heartache, first wife left with two, one is
passed on to glory, the other no clue, but pray for her daily. God Has Blessed me with a
second 37-year marriage, and a blind but beautiful 33-year-old precious angel of a
daughter.

Hope this is helpful:

GRACE Word For our infirmities!

Amen.

Oct 13, 2022
Precious friend, will pray for you. Had a similar heartache, first wife left with two, one is
passed on to glory, the other no clue, but pray for her daily. God Has Blessed me with a
second 37-year marriage, and a blind but beautiful 33-year-old precious angel of a
daughter.

Hope this is helpful:

GRACE Word For our infirmities!

Amen.
Thank you. In this world we don't choose our suffering sometimes and I am the only one out of 7 siblings experiencing this heartbreak. We all raised our Children the same. God fearing. We are still holding unto God and believe we all will be reunited one day not just heaven but earth. I pray that you see your other child soon.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
"How can I be happy in the wilderness."

There is only one way I know of and it has worked for me. Find someone who is hurting and in need, then give all that you are able to help and comfort them. Focus on helping another one of God's hurting children with all your heart and soul and strength. Therein lies our rest.

Aug 8, 2023
..It is still a mystery what we are going through. Any encouragement on the waiting for my family.
What exactly are you going through, you haven't said?
If we knew we could give you customised verses to help you out..:)
Meanwhile try this one-
Paul said- "...I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.." (Philippians 4:12)

Oct 13, 2022
What exactly are you going through, you haven't said?
If we knew we could give you customised verses to help you out..:)
Meanwhile try this one-
Paul said- "...I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.." (Philippians 4:12)
Only daughter is eschanged from the family. No one from both sides of the family has ever experienced this difficult trial. My question was how do you have joy in the wilderness. Its hard and we are trying to be happy despite the sadness.

Oct 13, 2022
"How can I be happy in the wilderness."

There is only one way I know of and it has worked for me. Find someone who is hurting and in need, then give all that you are able to help and comfort them. Focus on helping another one of God's hurting children with all your heart and soul and strength. Therein lies our rest.
Thanks, we has become close to a family from Africa. They call me Ma and Husband Sir. Sometimes the girl call me Mummy. We have been doing this for years. Helping the needy. Even in the little we had. I want my daughter to meet her, similar age.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Only daughter is eschanged from the family. No one from both sides of the family has ever experienced this difficult trial. My question was how do you have joy in the wilderness. Its hard and we are trying to be happy despite the sadness.
I truly feel for you and your family. Separation from loved ones even when there is a time frame for getting together again can be difficult. When we aren't sure, it is manifold worsened. And the ache you feel in your heart has no earthly cure. Only God Himself can heal such hurts.
That's why the place to begin is with God. Psalm 16:11 teaches that the fulness of joy is found in God's presence. Not knowing the extent of your relationship with God limits me in how to know exactly how to share with you, but all of us have things in our lives that we draw a measure of satisfaction from. Unfortunately, we sometimes make things and relationships more important than God, and find ourselves more satisfied in these things than in God.
Psalm 23 says that when the Lord is our Shepherd, we will not want. This suggests that there is a life with God that is all satisfying. A life in which we find God meeting all our needs. This life is actually our highest good and it is the life in which we most glorify God. One preacher put it this way...God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.
Again, I don't know your personal circumstances. I only offer this for your consideration. Hope it helps and will be praying for you and your family.

Aug 8, 2023
If your daughter has chosen to be estranged, that's her fee choice, so why worry about it?
I've been estranged from my sister, nieces, and nephews for many years because we're on different wavelengths with not much in common, they happily live their lives and i happily live mine..:)