What do YOU like about the "new" CC?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Not only does it save a draft, but if you start a post and then navigate away from the page, your partial post will show up again if and when you return to that thread. The new layout also makes it easier to align your content (available right away) and change the font color and face. If you do not like the color options, you can enter the HEX code in a small text box under the color swaths. Being able to upload directly from your own device is nice, but I noticed that images entered that way do not carry over from post to post. Before, that was only a problem if the page number changed, but even that wasn't always that way ;) Overall the look is very clean, and it seems quite user friendly. I have not figured out if we are able to access another person's post stream; perhaps you have to go to the other's profile page? I dunno. Creeping people's profiles was never my thing :) It seems a little inconvenient to have the page links on the opposite side from the scroll bar, but hey, first world problems, huh? LOL. I am still learning about some of the features. It is fun! A number of people sort of freaked out when it was introduced on Monday. I was not one of them :devilish:

There is still a five minute edit limit, but no note gets attached for edits made at any time. For the first day, you could edit any post made at any time while you were here... meaning, I could have edited that spelling mistake made almost three years ago :giggle:
To access a member's post stream you have to go to their profile page and click on postings. The most current post should be on top. The first day I was allowed to delete several of the threads I had started that had no meaning for me but you can't do that anymore. Pretty neat though that you had the opportunity to edit your previous posts. Actually, you probably could've had some fun doing that. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
To access a member's post stream you have to go to their profile page and click on postings. The most current post should be on top. The first day I was allowed to delete several of the threads I had started that had no meaning for me but you can't do that anymore. Pretty neat though that you had the opportunity to edit your previous posts. Actually, you probably could've had some fun doing that. :)
To access another's post stream, you can hover over their name or avatar until the member information app opens, and then click on the number of posts for that person :) It is a link that takes you right to the post stream for that person, without having to go to their profile page :D Wow, I did not know you could delete threads :eek: I wonder how many people took advantage of that?

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
I'm just politely (Not really) waiting for the chat app update... pleeease!!!! 😣

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I feel lost :D I don't know yet...I love the old one but I'll be patient ?

But I like the smileys I can use the smileys on my phone which is awesome! ????????????❤

Hmmmm.... What happened To the emojis ? Why it has been replaced with question marks...? I thought I can use different smileys already :(

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
I like the reaction icons. Other than that, I much prefer the old format as it was easier to follow. Miss the friends list and the rep power system. I also miss the last 10 visitors list to your profile page and the amount of visits since you joined. A member's sex should be visible on each post, the previous color coding was effective. If I had a choice would have stayed with the old format, except perhaps for a few cosmetic changes. The reaction symbols probably could have be incorporated into the old format as well.
Thanks for the input... by the way, gender will be added back and probably age (I mean on every post), like the old format.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yes yes yes yes PLEASE yes! A person's age and how long since the person joined the forum are so useful when replying to a person's post!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks for the input... by the way, gender will be added back and probably age (I mean on every post), like the old format.
That will be most helpful sir as the sex and age is important in determining an appropriate pertinent reply. I appreciate your tremendous effort and sacrifice required to keep this site up and running. It has been a tremendous blessing to me as I met my wife (JesusLives) on this Christian site a few months after I joined and we were married a few months later on Thanksgiving Day November 27, 2014 which was her late dad's birthday. I enjoy the fellowship, encouragement and prayers received each time I visit. Thank you and God Bless You.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes yes yes yes PLEASE yes! A person's age and how long since the person joined the forum are so useful when replying to a person's post!
You can see join date by hovering over the person's name or avatar. Age, too, if it is listed :)

T

toinena

1. It’s super mobile friendly.
2. Mobile users can upload pictures straight from their phone.
3. There is a gifs option that you can use instead of having to search and paste gifs from the net.
4. Emojis!
5. Easy to navigate around.
6. Faster loading.
7. The “reaction” options are super awesome. 8. “Tagging” people is very handy.

That’s what I can think from the top of my head :)
I am all with Mel here. I think this new version is a great improvement.

M

Miri

Actually there still is a friends list as such.

When you log on. It shows you who else is on line among the people
you follow (your friends). They appear as icons at the top of the list of
who are on line.

Also if you click on your news feed, it shows you what your friends have
been posting and reacting to.

News feed can be found by clicking on your avetar.

I like that it’s easier to use on your mobile phone too.

T

Tinuviel

It shows you who else is on line among the people
you follow (your friends). They appear as icons at the top of the list of
who are on line.
I actually really like this part of it; if I recall the old system, there was nothing that compact, where you could see everyone you know at a glance. I also like that I can follow someone without their permission...muhahaha! ;)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I actually really like this part of it; if I recall the old system, there was nothing that compact, where you could see everyone you know at a glance. I also like that I can follow someone without their permission...muhahaha! ;)
I see you're not following me.:cry:

M

MissCris

Overall, I really like the update. Everything is easy to find and looks great. I love the notifications and reactions.

I'm trying to like the Life bits thing...but there's a couple issues with it that make that difficult. One is that it notifies us that there are new Life bits, and so I'll click on it and take a look, but then I have to click something else to mark them as viewed, or the notification flag doesn't go away. Not that it's exactly hard work to click a couple extra things, it's just mildly annoying.

The other thing about it is that when I think of "bits of CC member's lives", I think...oh, actual photos or videos that members took, of their interests, hobbies, families, important events, etc. Not memes, verses, inspirational quotes, that kind of thing (which often are the main thing being shared). I totally get that a few members here actually create those, and that's one of their hobbies/interests- that's fine. It's always neat to see what other people have created. They just end up kind of drowning out the other things that people are sharing, and with so many shared in a row, I think people stop bothering to look at that whole section.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Opps. I thought I already had both y'all on my friend's list.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Opps. I thought I already had both y'all on my friend's list.
Yeah, I thought you were there already, as well :) That is why I keep checking :D

You can do it from the list of people currently online. That is handy ;)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Overall, I really like the update. Everything is easy to find and looks great. I love the notifications and reactions.

I'm trying to like the Life bits thing...but there's a couple issues with it that make that difficult. One is that it notifies us that there are new Life bits, and so I'll click on it and take a look, but then I have to click something else to mark them as viewed, or the notification flag doesn't go away. Not that it's exactly hard work to click a couple extra things, it's just mildly annoying.

The other thing about it is that when I think of "bits of CC member's lives", I think...oh, actual photos or videos that members took, of their interests, hobbies, families, important events, etc. Not memes, verses, inspirational quotes, that kind of thing (which often are the main thing being shared). I totally get that a few members here actually create those, and that's one of their hobbies/interests- that's fine. It's always neat to see what other people have created. They just end up kind of drowning out the other things that people are sharing, and with so many shared in a row, I think people stop bothering to look at that whole section.
That’s true. But I do like the occasional scriptural quotes :)