what do you really think heaven will be like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think on earth, you can make your own heaven or hell by the choices you make.
Sometimes the possible choices are limited to either bad or worse. It's impossible to have heaven on earth because this is an evil world and is full of pain and suffering. You can make the most of it though but it would be a real stretch to say that there can be heaven on earth.

Sep 14, 2019
The work will be much more fulfilling and rewarding such as helping to give others the same reward we have. One thing I'm sure is that there will be no need for beds and stools because there is no night and no defecation or urination in our glorified bodies.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Peaceful.... satan and his evil angels won't be there and can you imagine a day without being tempted to do something wrong. No whispers in your ear to take a drink or smoke or over eat or lie to or about someone or to commit adultery. I picture heaven as peaceful in my mind quiet and a place where I can communicate with God freely. I look forward to that very much.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
There are plenty of people who get what they don't deserve, even if it ends well for them in the hereafter. And also, it is impossible for some to make a "heaven on earth" for themselves because of the circumstances they are born into as they cannot climb out of those circumstances no matter what they do. To think that this is earth can be a Heaven for oneself, is to ignore the pain and suffering going on around you in the world and not notice others suffering.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
Peaceful.... satan and his evil angels won't be there and can you imagine a day without being tempted to do something wrong. No whispers in your ear to take a drink or smoke or over eat or lie to or about someone or to commit adultery. I picture heaven as peaceful in my mind quiet and a place where I can communicate with God freely. I look forward to that very much.
Oh what a meeting!

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Not only do I believe that we will work in heaven we will also get paid for the work accordingly.
I am not a fan of work... I am not a fan of our heaven....lol I have heard about you have to get "jewels in your crowns, "stars", or whatever stupid here on Earth so you are not cleaning out the horse stalls in heaven. ....

That just seems stupid to me: Heaven cannot be having to poop and cannot get a toilet, (there is no death so nothing can be just waist), nothing can be worth money (there would be a day in eternity someone will love it, and it is the root of all evil.... no evil in heaven), In heaven I will be a "trust fund kid"... My Daddys trust fund.... I will not need money). I think all of us will be equal with daddy... unless you want to work for me and my Daddy (God) likes me more...lol...lol...lol

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
I am not a fan of work... I am not a fan of our heaven....lol I have heard about you have to get "jewels in your crowns, "stars", or whatever stupid here on Earth so you are not cleaning out the horse stalls in heaven. ....

That just seems stupid to me: Heaven cannot be having to poop and cannot get a toilet, (there is no death so nothing can be just waist), nothing can be worth money (there would be a day in eternity someone will love it, and it is the root of all evil.... no evil in heaven), In heaven I will be a "trust fund kid"... My Daddys trust fund.... I will not need money). I think all of us will be equal with daddy... unless you want to work for me and my Daddy (God) likes me more...lol...lol...lol

Isaiah 65:17
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come to mind. But be ye glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people; and there shall be heard in her no more the voice of weeping and the voice of crying. There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days; for the child shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed. And they shall build houses and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build and another inhabit: they shall not plant and another eat: for as the days of a tree shall be the days of my people, and my chosen shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for calamity; for they are the seed of the blessed of Jehovah, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox; and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith Jehovah."

What is the meaning of this paragraph?

We know that it cannot refer to that New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God (Revelation 21-22), because sinners here are represented as living to be a hundred years old.

There shall be no sinners in heaven. Moreover, it is not eternal life which is envisaged here, but longevity.

Also, the necessity of agricultural pursuits and for the continuation of the building industry for the purpose of feeding and housing mankind cannot be fitted into the picture of the New Jerusalem at the conclusion of the New Testament.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I have no problem with working, especially with an employer that treats their employees well and with pay that is commensurate with the skill, experience and the type of work that is performed.

In heaven the rewards are based on whatever is left of the works that you accomplished after the work is subjected to a refining fire. If there is anything left you get a crown or two and there was mentioned something about treasure. The thing is, any work that I performed down here I try to do it out of my love for God. I'm not really in this to get some crown or treasure that probably isn't merited in the first place. I just want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant'. Or at least a pat on the back instead of a kick in the teeth.

Regarding working in heaven, I do believe that those that choose to work will be compensated with money or the financial equivalent that can be exchanged for services or tangible goods of value.

Years ago my adult step-son, whose was chronically impoverished, told me that having money was over-rated. Of course, he didn't work or see the value of working but still expected to reap the harvest of my hard work. When his mother died unexpectedly, I informed him that the game was now over and that he was on his own. I got on a bus and left town and never looked back.

Actually, Abba means daddy but you probably already knew that.

Daddy.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
I have no problem with working, especially with an employer that treats their employees well and with pay that is commensurate with the skill, experience and the type of work that is performed.

In heaven the rewards are based on whatever is left of the works that you accomplished after the work is subjected to a refining fire. If there is anything left you get a crown or two and there was mentioned something about treasure. The thing is, any work that I performed down here I try to do it out of my love for God. I'm not really in this to get some crown or treasure that probably isn't merited in the first place. I just want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant'. Or at least a pat on the back instead of a kick in the teeth.

Regarding working in heaven, I do believe that those that choose to work will be compensated with money or the financial equivalent that can be exchanged for services or tangible goods of value.

Years ago my adult step-son, whose was chronically impoverished, told me that having money was over-rated. Of course, he didn't work or see the value of working but still expected to reap the harvest of my hard work. When his mother died unexpectedly, I informed him that the game was now over and that he was on his own. I got on a bus and left town and never looked back.

Actually, Abba means daddy but you probably already knew that.

Daddy.
A pat on the back is definitely better than a kick in the teeth. Indeed.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
What do you make of this verse?

Revelation 2:27

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Daddy.
I don't believe working in Heaven is actually Biblical but something the church made up, just like committing suicide will send you to hell because working is something humans relate too... The human mind then can relate to heaven (working) and won't commit suicide because they cannot ask for forgiveness....

I just think "the church" just tries to come up with stuff, not necessarily for bad, but is shows how many people "Christians" do not know the Bible for themselves... sad to say...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't believe working in Heaven is actually Biblical but something the church made up, just like committing suicide will send you to hell because working is something humans relate too... The human mind then can relate to heaven (working) and won't commit suicide because they cannot ask for forgiveness....

I just think "the church" just tries to come up with stuff, not necessarily for bad, but is shows how many people "Christians" do not know the Bible for themselves... sad to say...
Actually, I personally believe that there will be work in heaven for those so inclined and that concept was my own and not from a church. God said that we can't begin to imagine what He has in store for those that love Him so it can't really be said that working in heaven is biblical or not biblical. I want to work in the big factory in the sky and crank out widgets. I love the manufacturing process.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I was talking to a friend earlier and said my "pits smell", which lead to do you think we will wear cloths in heaven...? She laughed and asked, "oh, because they did not wear clothes before the fall?... Having to go to the restroom is ok when one is available and you can just go, but it feels like the curse when you cannot go when you have to go!....

So, what do you really think heaven will be like? Will we be kosher? What does heavenly body mean? I am "full bodied", some will say fat...lol...lol... will I have a 6 pack of still have my fat rolls?

I know a favorite running around the Christian community is we will work and I heard it said "I do not want to clean out the stalls"... but for people who think work is "hell" will we work in heaven?

What do you think heaven will be like?
Heaven is only the intermediate state between death and the resurrection. The righteous will live on the New Earth, which will be something like the Garden of Eden, only glorified, and their resurrection bodies will be glorified as well.

My guess is that the person will appear to be in the prime of life, and will wear clothing. Jesus was about 30 years old, and wore clothing apparently during his post resurrection appearances.

No one knows the exact details, though, other than there will be no more tears or sorrow or dying.

I Cor 15 says that God gives them a body that will please him, so it will be a body that is pleasing to look at. I doubt if he wants to look at your current fat rolls for eternity, and neither would he want to look at mine :)

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Heaven is only the intermediate state between death and the resurrection. The righteous will live on the New Earth, which will be something like the Garden of Eden, only glorified, and their resurrection bodies will be glorified as well.

My guess is that the person will appear to be in the prime of life, and will wear clothing. Jesus was about 30 years old, and wore clothing apparently during his post resurrection appearances.

No one knows the exact details, though, other than there will be no more tears or sorrow or dying.

I Cor 15 says that God gives them a body that will please him, so it will be a body that is pleasing to look at. I doubt if he wants to look at your current fat rolls for eternity, and neither would he want to look at mine :)
That is funny, no haha funny, but ironic funny you said that about Jesus wearing cloths; my dad said when I told him about this post, he had never heard anyone ask about cloths before and he answered the same thing; when Jesus appeared post-resurrection He wore a cloths, so he thinks we will..... My dad has a great mind so there must be truth to great minds think alike...lol....

M

morefaithrequired

Eternal anything is a concern to be honest.
Im hoping there is variety. And something to strive for. There is always room for improvement. I would like to go to a much higher level of guitar playing for example.
I dont want to be anxious in Heaven. But zero anxiety might be worse. Anxiety is not all bad.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"The 'man-mind' has no knowledge or understanding of the 'the coming to be'.
And, a 'chosen few' bears a chilling 'reality'. That which occurs in the now, shall have
a profound significance of the time when time is no more."

11222005_472331862927347_7625372890121725284_n - Copy.jpg animated-dove-gif-8 - Copy - Copy.gif

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019
You don't want to work because you are still in this body, but when you make it to Heaven you will want nothing but work for God. Remember the four beasts with eyes who never rest, continually praising God, and the elders who always fall on their faces and take off their crowns. They don't tire from that work, for them it is rest. I wish you to become a pillar in God's temple and never leave your place. I would love to be wished the same.