What do you think about sharing household chores?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
If I marry I hope my husband finds cooking relaxing and cooks a few times a week because I dont enjoy cooking. I do for some reason like cleaning, so maybe we can have some sort of compromise.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Seriously?
The two shall become ONE.

There is no sharing...there is no "division of labor".

Both do ALL that they can for the household. It doesn't matter what it is.

Obviously only the women can get pregnant or nurse...but dad's can change diapers, fill and hold bottles and burp babies.

But there's nothing stopping the wife from jacking up the family cars and changing the oil either...the sword cuts both ways.
I did my fair share of changing diapers and feeding the baby way back in the day.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
No problem at all. I mean, I think that's only fair. If I was married, and my wife cooked, I'd wash the dishes. I'd let her grocery shop while I did the laundry. Boom. Not hard.
That sounds like a fair way of doing things esp if both working.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
If I marry I hope my husband finds cooking relaxing and cooks a few times a week because I dont enjoy cooking. I do for some reason like cleaning, so maybe we can have some sort of compromise.
Never to be us then. Ha. I do not enjoy cooking, but would prefer to do the cleaning. Unless... we wanted a REALLY clean house and were prepared to be very, very lean.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
That sounds like a fair way of doing things esp if both working.
Hmm... if her job was to stay at home and manage the home until I came home (heh... that's three "homes"), I would then expect more from her domestically. But, there would still be things I ought to be willing to help her with.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If I marry I hope my husband finds cooking relaxing and cooks a few times a week because I dont enjoy cooking.
Well all you have to do is put an ad in the classified: "Christian chef wanted for permanent relationship".:cool:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Oh a woman finds nothing more attractive than a man who's p-whipped.
I think a lot of it is just not wanting to hear the nagging. So you give in just to get a respite from the nagging

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I did my fair share of changing diapers and feeding the baby way back in the day.
is that a 'household chore' or is that just what you meant to do anyway i.e raising a family. ?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Most ppl take their cars to mechanic but you paying for this
however doing it yourself can cost as well (got to have your own garage, jacks, tools etc.)

Also how many cars does a household now have? Used to be just one but if everyone now has their own car and its a big family its going to add up.

mowing lawns is a noisy mindnumbing job but then so is vacuuming. Both now can be done with robots.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
is that a 'household chore' or is that just what you meant to do anyway i.e raising a family. ?
I did not consider raising my daughter a chore but did things that a dad does for his child. Cooked her breakfast on Saturdays for years. It was our alone time together.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
my dad mades things fun while mum made things seem like hard work lol

We have a pretty low maintanence household though my dad deliberately made it that way so he would not be a slave to the house. Tip...dont live in a house thats too big for you or needs lots of renovations -- its more work!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
That's not why you help your wife.
Well when I was married I did most of the household work due to her declining health condition
But I was actually referring to the person who made the P. Whipped comment.
Sometimes you just let her have her way to avoid the nagging

Nov 17, 2022
I love doing housework. I'm a man and raised both my children in my home by myself. They are wonderful and love them so much! men help your wives and wives help your man!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A roster system can work if youve got a lot of people sharing the house.

depends on how many people. Otherwise designate the tasks that you want to do and do best. Rich people dont need to do this, they employ housekeepers and staff.

Ive always wondered what the other half do when they have staff to do evrything and they have a lot of free time. Apparently the uber idle rich, or aristocrats really had nothing to do when everything was done for them, so they travelled instead and did volunteer work, like help in soup kitchens, do charity work etc.