What do you think about works?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

The letter of the law was indeed meant to be followed. A man was found gathering sticks on the Sabbath; he died for that infraction. A king decided to act like a priest; he was stricken with leprosy.

The problem with the Pharisees is that they made up non-biblical interpretations of the Law and imposed them on the people, while rejecting the plain message of the Law and the One to whom it pointed.
And that is why your theology is wrong.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
[QUOTE="Icedaisey, post: 4652142, member: 309093"]Jesus is the holy spirit of the holy spiritual law.
No. Jesus is NOT the Holy Spirit, who is distinct from Jesus. And Holy Spirit is a proper noun and capitalized.

Nonsense. For about 1,500 the letter of the Law was to be taken literally and applied as given to Israel, upon pain of death. Of course, no one is justified by the deeds of the Law.
Nonsense. The Lord Jesus Christ came to FULFIL the Law, and He did so in His life, and in His death, burial, and resurrection. There was no revolutionary here, and Christ did not even address the issue of the Roman occupation of Palestine.

I'm not sure where you are getting your teachings from, but you need to pay attention to what is actually in Scripture.[/QUOTE]
You're as wrong as the other one.
That you don't know the identity of Jesus first, and that was your priority in the first sentence, only to launch onto a grammar issue second, after blaspheming the Spirit of Christ first, is a warning. And a lesson regarding the former observation regarding by the book people.

You're wrong.

Sep 15, 2021
Not sure if I am going to stay on this Forum site for very long....

Is it just me, or do most of these threads end up in arguments and not really accomplishing anything positive?

I hope to find some more uplifting content soon. I will keep searching! =)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And that is why your theology is wrong.
Bahahaha...

Which part, specifically, of my theology do you think is wrong, and what is the biblical evidence to support your accusation?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Is it just me, or do most of these threads end up in arguments and not really accomplishing anything positive?

Sadly, you're correct. Most threads in this particular forum do end up in arguments. However, you might find the Family, Miscellaneous, and Singles forums a bit less... combative. :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No. Jesus is NOT the Holy Spirit, who is distinct from Jesus. And Holy Spirit is a proper noun and capitalized.

Nonsense. For about 1,500 the letter of the Law was to be taken literally and applied as given to Israel, upon pain of death. Of course, no one is justified by the deeds of the Law.
Nonsense. The Lord Jesus Christ came to FULFIL the Law, and He did so in His life, and in His death, burial, and resurrection. There was no revolutionary here, and Christ did not even address the issue of the Roman occupation of Palestine.

I'm not sure where you are getting your teachings from, but you need to pay attention to what is actually in Scripture.
That you don't know the identity of Jesus first, and that was your priority in the first sentence, only to launch onto a grammar issue second, after blaspheming the Spirit of Christ first, is a warning. And a lesson regarding the former observation regarding by the book people.

You're wrong.[/QUOTE]
Merely stating, "You're wrong" while presenting NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the way of supporting evidence is akin to being a clanging cymbal. The assertion is neither helpful nor informative. Either step up with evidence, or don't bother responding.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
God gave the Law to the Jews, NOT to the gentiles.

The gentiles (en masse) were never under the Law.

Christians are not required to follow the Law. We have the Holy Spirit within, guiding us in righteous behaviour.
We disagree. You say God speaks exclusively to one group of people, I say God speaks only truth. So let it be, for goodness sakes. There is truth that is above what either you or I say, let the truth stand. It doesn't need either your or my comments on it.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021

You're wrong.
Merely stating, "You're wrong" while presenting NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the way of supporting evidence is akin to being a clanging cymbal. The assertion is neither helpful nor informative. Either step up with evidence, or don't bother responding.[/QUOTE]
Pride and arrogance.
Many here have stepped up. And you and one like you work to kick their legs out. Someone who thinks Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, yet is ignorant enough to tell those in Christ to not bother to inform others they're wrong, is precisely where God wants, so as to serve as a warning and our next lesson in this journey.

S

SophieT

We disagree. You say God speaks exclusively to one group of people, I say God speaks only truth. So let it be, for goodness sakes. There is truth that is above what either you or I say, let the truth stand. It doesn't need either your or my comments on it.

but how will we know that truth if it is above all our pay grades?

how can it stand if we do not recognize it?

how is someone commenting on it, if they do not know what 'it' is?

enquiring minds want to know :unsure:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I did not say that "God speaks exclusively to one group of people". Rather, I said God gave (past tense) the Law to the Jews. That is the truth straight from Scripture.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Merely stating, "You're wrong" while presenting NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the way of supporting evidence is akin to being a clanging cymbal. The assertion is neither helpful nor informative. Either step up with evidence, or don't bother responding.
Pride and arrogance.
Many here have stepped up. And you and one like you work to kick their legs out. Someone who thinks Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, yet is ignorant enough to tell those in Christ to not bother to inform others they're wrong, is precisely where God wants, so as to serve as a warning and our next lesson in this journey.[/QUOTE]
More blather. Provide evidence or don't bother responding. Your continual sniping is silly and unproductive.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

We go to scripture to learn about God, and we go to sites such as this to discuss what we learn. It tells us how others interpret scripture, it lets us learn of different ways of interpreting it. If we put a stop to "arguments" but demand that no one think about what it says but only agree with others, it stops discussion.

There is no ban put on people who disobey the Lord when he told us about not judging others, to only judge what is sin. When we are given a description of murder and told not to do that, some use this site to disobey the Lord. But there are Christians on here who discuss scripture as as Isaiah said, that is good.

S

SophieT

Many posters on this site warn against working because we are saved by faith not works.

NONSENSE and you know it

what we say, is that works do not save you

They feel these things mean we must be careful of our works.
the other line was nonsense....this is straight out of the looney bin nonsense

For 300 years the church was led by either the men who knew Christ or were trained by these men. They said that Christ wanted us to live transformed lives, that faith in Christ included faith in all he said and to have faith in him was to live for him. They weren’t interested much in doctrine, they thought people understood scripture differently. They stood united in the core of beliefs and guarded against adding or taking from that core but were tolerant of differences in interpretation. There were heresies they argued against, but would never force their beliefs.
were you there? we have a Bible for a reason. the Bible is clear that works do not save. the Bible is also clear that a transformed believer is transformed by the renewing of their mind...in other words, we AGREE with the word and we do not add to it, we do not subtract from it AND we do not falsely accuse other believers because they point this out to you over and over and over and over and over and over etc

the greatest work of the Holy Spirit is the continual transforming of our lives to become like Christ...NOT church fathers or even the disciples who walked with Christ

you want a heresy pointed out? telling people that the law given to Moses for the people freed from slavery in Egypt, is for believers saved by the blood of Christ is bumping the perimeters and some would consider it as having breached them

What do you think the Lord wants from us?
TRUTH for one thing. Must be important because Jesus said HE is the way, (to God) the TRUTH and the life

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I did not say that "God speaks exclusively to one group of people". Rather, I said God gave (past tense) the Law to the Jews. That is the truth straight from Scripture.
Does your posts make clear that the Lord is speaking truth, or do you think you are asking gentiles not to listen to what God spoke to the Jews? That is the impression I get from reading what you write.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Does your posts make clear that the Lord is speaking truth, or do you think you are asking gentiles not to listen to what God spoke to the Jews? That is the impression I get from reading what you write.
I'm not asking gentiles anything.

I'm stating that, according to Scripture, the Law was not given to gentiles. Further, according to Scripture, Christians are not under the Law. It's really that simple, and there is no need to reinterpret my words or get any "impression" from them.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
TRUTH for one thing. Must be important because Jesus said HE is the way, (to God) the TRUTH and the life
What this post is asking is if that truth is only the truth as we have it in our minds or is the truth a way of accepting Christ into every part of our life including how we want to live?

S

SophieT

God created a race that listened to Him, God created the Hebrews.
especially the golden calf episode. ARE YOU KIDDING? read the OT prophets...

But to this day, people are saying we are not to listen to what God told the Hebrews, it was ONLY for them.
like I said...over and over and over and over and over zzzzzzzzzzzz

who is Jesus to you? is He the lawgiver or is He the spotless Lamb of God who died for our sins? you appear to be very confused on this issue and entrenched in that confusion so that you make up what others are saying

yet, you become incensed when others deny what you keep saying is the abandonment of all morality.

it is alarming that you appear to believe you can add to what Jesus accomplished on the cross on our behalf. it seems you wish to interject when Jesus says 'IT IS FINISHED'

you continually interrupt and say 'wait a minute Jesus...that sounds too easy....how about my attempts to keep the law?'

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021

You're wrong.
Merely stating, "You're wrong" while presenting NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the way of supporting evidence is akin to being a clanging cymbal. The assertion is neither helpful nor informative. Either step up with evidence, or don't bother responding.[/QUOTE]
Pride and arrogance.
Many here have stepped up. And you and one like you work to kick their legs out. Someone who thinks Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, yet is ignorant enough to tell those in Christ to not bother to inform them they're wrong, is precisely where God wants, so as to serve as a warning and our next lesson.
but how will we know that truth if it is above all our pay grades?

how can it stand if we do not recognize it?

how is someone commenting on it, if they do not know what 'it' is?

enquiring minds want to know :unsure:
You just answered your own question and proved Blik's point and mine.

S

SophieT

What this post is asking is if that truth is only the truth as we have it in our minds or is the truth a way of accepting Christ into every part of our life including how we want to live?
that is not what you ask in your op

we can all read and that is not what you are on about

once again, you are accusing people who disagree with your premise on law and works of living a life devoid of following Christ. you want everyone to follow the law so that you can judge whether or not they are actually believers

judging others is not your territory. take care of the tree in your own eye

here, straight from your op is what you are really poking around in....yet again and without cessation

Many posters on this site warn against working because we are saved by faith not works. They add that we can never earn our salvation through works, and our works is not looked at by the Lord to achieve righteousness, that is only given to us as a gift. They feel these things mean we must be careful of our works.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I'm not asking gentiles anything.

I'm stating that, according to Scripture, the Law was not given to gentiles. Further, according to Scripture, Christians are not under the Law. It's really that simple, and there is no need to reinterpret my words or get any "impression" from them.
Are gentiles allowed to listen to what God told the Hebrews because God wanted all men to belong to him, or is it a private conversation between God and Hebrews and we really shouldn't be reading and listening to those laws?

You keep repeating God spoke to the Jews. We know the gentiles had a policy at that time of not listening to God. After Christ and Paul we take that back. Are we to listen now, or do you think it was to Hebrews only then and now. I have read statements you have made that the laws of Moses where given to Hebrews only, we aren't included. Then you take that back saying that we are included in the Holy Spirit.