What do you think about works?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
@Jackson123

we can learn alot from other people. in our own mind's eye we might get lost in thoughts and ideas that are only pieces of the puzzle (1 Cor 13:12). but it is not the WHOLE truth.

and it can very much mislead others, which is not good. Faith in Who , Believe in Who?

The Best Law Keeper in The World, The Most Spiritual Man and Moral Man Who Only Does God's Will (Islam). In Other Words A Perfect Muslim (In God's Sight) And In Sight Of All Who Would Meet Him Face To Face Who Are Spiritual Muslim (Actual Muslims Who Do God's Will).

If a very extremely true servant of His appeared today, who would recognize such a one in truth? not any hung up on ideas ... so much, but without seeking truth in their own lives and thoughts -- over errors. "for now we see... darkly" but the more with light (of various kinds) we can (begin to) see, the more we might recognize such a one ... one day.
We can not learn from Muslim because they don't have the right concept of salvation and Quran is full of lie

Sep 17, 2021
Christians are not meant to ACT a certain way, they are meant to LIVE a certain way, what are these WAY's ?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
but anyone can SAY they have faith in Christ,... HOW...do your family and friends, your neighbour on the street, tell a Christian from an Atheist, there must be some way to tell us apart, cause people can't see Christ in you until you demonstrate that he is .... how is that done? it's quite obvious that we are called to live differently from from the Atheist of this world, it's what separates us, otherwise we are all just Atheist who SAY we believe in Jesus and are saved.
So let's get back to your post to which I first responded...

You said such things MAKE a Christian. I countered that they are the RESULT of being a Christian. Do you concede that point? If you don't we have no basis on which to continue.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
@Jackson123

we can learn alot from other people. in our own mind's eye we might get lost in thoughts and ideas that are only pieces of the puzzle (1 Cor 13:12). but it is not the WHOLE truth.

and it can very much mislead others, which is not good. Faith in Who , Believe in Who?

The Best Law Keeper in The World, The Most Spiritual Man and Moral Man Who Only Does God's Will (Islam). In Other Words A Perfect Muslim (In God's Sight) And In Sight Of All Who Would Meet Him Face To Face Who Are Spiritual Muslim (Actual Muslims Who Do God's Will).

If a very extremely true servant of His appeared today, who would recognize such a one in truth? not any hung up on ideas ... so much, but without seeking truth in their own lives and thoughts -- over errors. "for now we see... darkly" but the more with light (of various kinds) we can (begin to) see, the more we might recognize such a one ... one day.
A "perfect Muslim" rejects Jesus as God, and therefore utterly disqualifies him/herself from being the most spiritual or moral person.

Sep 17, 2021
So let's get back to your post to which I first responded...

You said such things MAKE a Christian. I countered that they are the RESULT of being a Christian. Do you concede that point? If you don't we have no basis on which to continue.
ok, if they (list) are a result of being a Christian, how did we get those results, as you can see, the list requires us to take action, If we say we are Christians, believe in GOD, and have the faith of Christ, but have no action to show they are in our lives, how do we get those results, are we still Christians?

Sep 17, 2021
My understanding of how to become a Christian:.... first- we are inspired (choose) to become Christians, then....we ask, seek, knock or search, for the Way, Truth and the Light, to teach and lead us to Christ, who then enters our lives, which begins our transformation to becoming Christians, then from that point on, the life we LIVE shows the world we are Christians. What we do and say from that point in our lives determines our rise or fall as Christian. there actions we must take to stay wrapped in the arms of the Lord. The Lord wants DOER's not HEARER's of the WORD.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
My understanding of how to become a Christian:.... first- we are inspired (choose) to become Christians, then....we ask, seek, knock or search, for the Way, Truth and the Light, to teach and lead us to Christ, who then enters our lives, which begins our transformation to becoming Christians, then from that point on, the life we LIVE shows the world we are Christians. What we do and say from that point in our lives determines our rise or fall as Christian. there actions we must take to stay wrapped in the arms of the Lord. The Lord wants DOER's not HEARER's of the WORD.
Am I reading this right.
Let me post what I think you are saying.

We choose to become a Christian.
Then we seek know search some kind of way that will teach and lead us to Christ.
Then we do that he enters our life.
As a result the transformation begins to becoming a Christian.

Is that what you are saying?

Sep 17, 2021
Am I reading this right.
Let me post what I think you are saying.

We choose to become a Christian.
Then we seek know search some kind of way that will teach and lead us to Christ.
Then we do that he enters our life.
As a result the transformation begins to becoming a Christian.

Is that what you are saying?
Well since we aren't born Christians, (we may be born into Christian home's (as I was)) there comes a point we choose (inspired,divine intervention-whatever you want to call it) to become one, We then read the Bible, pray, go to church and meet with like minded people, and so begins our journey as Christians, but it doesn't end there, as I've come to learn, the hardest part about the journey is staying there, but thankfully the Lord told us, if we ASK,SEEK & KNOCK, he will let us in. Before anyone says anything, it is a journey, (a very hard journey) because we can fall by the way side, be distracted, or quit at any time, the consolation is if WE ALL DO what the Lord asked, that journey for A Christian, gets easier and easier, .... I hope I have answered your question, but I'm late for CrossFit, so will chat later thank you and GODblessusall.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Well since we aren't born Christians, (we may be born into Christian home's (as I was)) there comes a point we choose (inspired,divine intervention-whatever you want to call it) to become one, We then read the Bible, pray, go to church and meet with like minded people, and so begins our journey as Christians, but it doesn't end there, as I've come to learn, the hardest part about the journey is staying there, but thankfully the Lord told us, if we ASK,SEEK & KNOCK, he will let us in. Before anyone says anything, it is a journey, (a very hard journey) because we can fall by the way side, be distracted, or quit at any time, the consolation is if WE ALL DO what the Lord asked, that journey for A Christian, gets easier and easier, .... I hope I have answered your question, but I'm late for CrossFit, so will chat later thank you and GODblessusall.
Can you post a Bible verse where it says if we ask, seek and knock he will let us in?

What is letting us being in mean?

With regards to ask, seek and knock.

Matthew 7:7-8

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking
(Luke 11:9–13)
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Does this not apply to believers already?

Surely our journey starts

Romans 10:8-12
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.

It starts at v9?

Actually I would say it starts when Jesus seeks us.

John 16:8-9
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

The Holy Spirit comes to convict the world of its sin and that is unbelief in Jesus.

The journey starts when we repent of that sin of unbelief per Romans above.

As a result we grow in Jesus and our walk.

Yes the journey is and can be hard, Jesus made it clear it would be.
My point is that we became Christians before we did anything.
The only thing required I have said above.

Enjoy CrossFit.

Nov 17, 2017
Hi!
My understanding of how to become a Christian:.... first- we are inspired (choose) to become Christians, then....we ask, seek, knock or search,
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

God is not lost, we are.
We do/did not look for Him, He found/finds us,
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Found/finds us lost and without hope,
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

God Bless!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Why did you become a Christian?

What was the driving factor?

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
many are called.............. few are chosen

labor to be (of) the chosen

every labor you do can bring you closer to being

only God and those close or closer to God know who the chosen are or might be

there are no denominations with God... just truth

lesser truths and greater... seek and you will find

"he who thinks he knows knows not yet as he ought to know"

there is alot to learn... but only the true in heart finds truth

the more true (like Christ) we wish to become, the more you can find and become
There is nothing in scripture that states the fallen sinner can work to be Saved. That idea is anti-Christ, anti-Truth, and Anti-Gospel,

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
There is nothing in scripture that states the fallen sinner can work to be Saved. That idea is anti-Christ, anti-Truth, and Anti-Gospel,
Nothing in scripture that says any fallen sinner can work to be saved.

Sadly belivers believe that based on teaching.
Sadly non believers, that I have spoken to mainly agnostics and other religions believe or hope to that their works will save them.

Very sad indeed.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Nothing in scripture that says any fallen sinner can work to be saved.

Sadly belivers believe that based on teaching.
Sadly non believers, that I have spoken to mainly agnostics and other religions believe or hope to that their works will save them.

Very sad indeed.
Sad that a y Christian would think someone can work their way to Salvation.

Whereas doing good works as a Christian is being in service to God and is therein totally different.

The current Pope misleads agnostics and particularly atheists whom he says will be in Heaven if they're good people. As will sexually active homosexuals.

And Catholics who believe he speaks for God believe that. That's really sad.

Sep 17, 2021
Can you post a Bible verse where it says if we ask, seek and knock he will let us in?

What is letting us being in mean?

With regards to ask, seek and knock.

Matthew 7:7-8

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking
(Luke 11:9–13)
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Does this not apply to believers already?

Surely our journey starts

Romans 10:8-12
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.

It starts at v9?

Actually I would say it starts when Jesus seeks us.

John 16:8-9
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

The Holy Spirit comes to convict the world of its sin and that is unbelief in Jesus.

The journey starts when we repent of that sin of unbelief per Romans above.

As a result we grow in Jesus and our walk.

Yes the journey is and can be hard, Jesus made it clear it would be.
My point is that we became Christians before we did anything.
The only thing required I have said above.

Enjoy CrossFit.
you found it for me:Luke:11.9-13, I made the mistake of thinking like minded Christians would recognise to what I was referring to....and if you knock on a door doesn't someone usually let you in if you ask, after you seek an find the right door to knock on, surely you walk in if GOD opened the door that he invites us to knock on.... what are we before we become believers? and how can they(the life of a Christian) apply to us if we don't know what they are?, is it not truth that sets us free, and Jesus is truth< but what led you to the truth? we don't just wake up and say I'm a Christian, we have to be exposed to it, then we build upon it, and grow in it (life in Christ). with the guiding spirit of GOD.....How can we become Christians if we didn't do anything about it, saying it doesn't make it so.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
you found it for me:Luke:11.9-13, I made the mistake of thinking like minded Christians would recognise to what I was referring to....and if you knock on a door doesn't someone usually let you in if you ask, after you seek an find the right door to knock on, surely you walk in if GOD opened the door that he invites us to knock on.... what are we before we become believers? and how can they(the life of a Christian) apply to us if we don't know what they are?, is it not truth that sets us free, and Jesus is truth< but what led you to the truth? we don't just wake up and say I'm a Christian, we have to be exposed to it, then we build upon it, and grow in it (life in Christ). with the guiding spirit of GOD.....How can we become Christians if we didn't do anything about it, saying it doesn't make it so.
If you don't mind me asking but please can you break your posts down into sentences and paragraphs.

It's a lot easier to read.

Sep 17, 2021
Why did you become a Christian?

What was the driving factor?
As I mentioned I was born into a Christian home, my father is heavily involved with a Church, has been for over 50yrs, my grandfather was a minister, my great grandfather was a minister, my great,great grandfather, took the word to the last cannibal Island of New Caledonia,( Lifou,).I knew about Christ in the Islands, I was raised with that knowledge, coming to NZ, and reaching an age of independence I left that life for one of this world, I was not a Christian. Fast forward,Sept 5, 2005, 39yrs old, married, 3 kids, wife wants to TRY a separation, this began my ASK phase, ask for help, to intercede, comfort and hope, 2006, accepting that the separation was final, heading to the top end of W.A,(Australia), wallowing in despair, the Lord saved my life (Literally), I would have stood on a snake, if not for his intersession, ..but was that enough to make me see the light, NO, I then proceeded, to walk to Christ, but with my own understanding, (getting drunk, physical and verbal abuse,...etc). In 2012, I made a full confession to GOD, and allowed Christ to direct my path, so began the slow process of eliminating the obstacles (drunkenness, anger, lust, people, false doctrines, thoughts..etc) that kept me from his glory,... living in my FAITH, building in BELIEF he does what he says, becoming more aware of HIS TRUTH's and continue to grow as a CHRISTIAN (be more Christ like) with his knowledge, and understanding. His guidance has led my acceptance of his life into mine.
GOD is the driving factor behind me becoming a Christian.

Sep 17, 2021
If you don't mind me asking but please can you break your posts down into sentences and paragraphs.

It's a lot easier to read.
Sorry I'm new to this format of communication, and computer illiterate, I'm so glad that's all you ask of me. .....WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE...there's is only one TRUTH, and we must all strive to BE one, WITH and IN that TRUTH, we MUST help each other to grow in TRUTH, and lead others to TRUTH: may GODblessusall.

S

SophieT

no

if you are a Christian (and these days I better add 'in truth and not in name only), you have already accepted the Way, the Truth and the Life

that is Jesus

what we do does not create or lessen our standing in Christ. He is our righteousness and we have none of our own

works do not save us, keep us or make us better that the One who has saved us. God does not need our additions to HIS plan for our salvation

Sep 17, 2021
Hi!

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

God is not lost, we are.
We do/did not look for Him, He found/finds us,
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Found/finds us lost and without hope,
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

God Bless!
YES you are right. WE are the lost, but by your reckoning, it is GOD who found us, if that were true why didn't he find Hitler, Stalin or any murderers before they committed their atrocities... IT would be a lot easier for GOD if he found us and not the other way around