What do you think about works?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
so you think that is how you are saved?
I think you need to read scripture and use that as your guide. What do you think scripture tells us about salvation? It is truth, go by it. Faith saves. Surely you own a bible, use it.

Sep 17, 2021
fallen on deaf ears yet again

I can't stand it. over and over and over and over like some horrendous score to a movie you wish you had not watched and the music plays in your head and you just want it to go away

NO I DO NOT MURDER OR MOLEST CHILDREN OR FOOL AROUND ON MY HUSBAND OR STEAL FROM THE NEIGHBOR OR COVET THEIR LAND OR LIE TO THE FBI

pardon me folks, but jackson here has asked me this question so many times and most of the time I no longer bother to answer because once I tried, I really really tried, to assure him I do not think being a Christian means I can sin until the cows come home and live like a boatload of pagan sailors

he does not care. he will come back and tell me I do not know what a Christian is or how I should live

it's the stuff nightmares are made of :eek:

so I took this tongue in cheek approach ;)

ok. nothing to see here :whistle:
what you have described: "NO I do not murder...etc sounds like what you and( eternally grateful) have previously called WORK's, When i say I don't do those things both of you tell me I'm guilty of WORK's, but I think it's great how you two support each other against, anyone who don't have YOUR understanding of what is to walk with CHRIST. ...Are you husband and wife, or GO to the same church? NOT HAVING A GO, just asking.

E

eternally-gratefull

I think you need to read scripture and use that as your guide. What do you think scripture tells us about salvation? It is truth, go by it. Faith saves. Surely you own a bible, use it.
Why can’t you ask a question?

I did not ask you what scripture said, I know what it said, and I know what you posted.

I asked you what you believed.

once again, Do you believe that is what ie must do to be saved.

For once in your time in christian chat. Just answer a question someone asks you.

Apr 15, 2017
My friend did not believe in works so much that he did not read the book of Job for he thought it was Job as in work.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
fallen on deaf ears yet again

I can't stand it. over and over and over and over like some horrendous score to a movie you wish you had not watched and the music plays in your head and you just want it to go away

NO I DO NOT MURDER OR MOLEST CHILDREN OR FOOL AROUND ON MY HUSBAND OR STEAL FROM THE NEIGHBOR OR COVET THEIR LAND OR LIE TO THE FBI

pardon me folks, but jackson here has asked me this question so many times and most of the time I no longer bother to answer because once I tried, I really really tried, to assure him I do not think being a Christian means I can sin until the cows come home and live like a boatload of pagan sailors

he does not care. he will come back and tell me I do not know what a Christian is or how I should live

it's the stuff nightmares are made of :eek:

so I took this tongue in cheek approach ;)

ok. nothing to see here :whistle:
Don't you say salvation don't matter what you do?

To me salvation is God work, but I need to believe His teaching by abide on Him than He in me produce the fruit of love
He produce and I bear that fruit.
The fact I don't have love prove He is not in me and if He is not in me I am not save

S

SophieT

what you have described: "NO I do not murder...etc sounds like what you and( eternally grateful) have previously called WORK's, When i say I don't do those things both of you tell me I'm guilty of WORK's, but I think it's great how you two support each other against, anyone who don't have YOUR understanding of what is to walk with CHRIST. ...Are you husband and wife, or GO to the same church? NOT HAVING A GO, just asking.

oh I'm glad you like it because he and I actually do have a proper understanding of salvation

you are works oriented and that is not salvation

taking cheap shots at people as you do....is that one of your works?

just asking

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
For all have sinned and fall short. There is non righteous no not one

the young man did not keep the law since birth. If he did. He would nt need to ask christ how to recieve anything he would have had it
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: Where did you get birth from?

Who said the young man never sin? See this is how thing get twisted up. You adding to the story.

S

SophieT

now now blik

that sounds like one of those personal type observations that you cry about and say how cruel others are

do as I say but not as I, right? ;)

E

eternally-gratefull

The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: Where did you get birth from?

Who said the young man never sin? See this is how thing get twisted up. You adding to the story.
Brother. I just don;t think you will get it.

According to the law. He had to not break the law from birth. Just falling in one sin would cause him to be cursed.

He did not keep the law. Even from his youth. Jesus tried to explain it to him by telling him to seek all he had.

He did not get it, and I am afraid. You do not get it. Which is worrysome

E

eternally-gratefull

now now blik

that sounds like one of those personal type observations that you cry about and say how cruel others are

do as I say but not as I, right? ;)
She is the master of this!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Why can’t you ask a question?

I did not ask you what scripture said, I know what it said, and I know what you posted.

I asked you what you believed.

once again, Do you believe that is what ie must do to be saved.

For once in your time in christian chat. Just answer a question someone asks you.
I am aware that you are not asking that question of everyone, but you are trying to trap me as an enemy of me. You have decided against allowing me to quote scripture about what the Lord says about obedience so you would like me to say obedience saves when you and I know it is faith that saves. You are not asking a question in a Christian site, your aim is trying to make me say something against scripture. Otherwise you would ask that question of everyone, but for you, your posts are often simply posts to act as my enemy.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
and that is why i very rarely interact with her.....
So now I have three sworn enemies of mine: eternally grateful, Sophie, and gb9, So much for Christians supporting each other or interested in loving the Lord together. It makes my prayer life with the Lord more precious, as there is so little sharing with people who do not love with me.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am aware that you are not asking that question of everyone, but you are trying to trap me as an enemy of me. You have decided against allowing me to quote scripture about what the Lord says about obedience so you would like me to say obedience saves when you and I know it is faith that saves. You are not asking a question in a Christian site, your aim is trying to make me say something against scripture. Otherwise you would ask that question of everyone, but for you, your posts are often simply posts to act as my enemy.
Yeah Your right, I am so against you I ask you a question.

Sadly. Your refusal to answer that question is not against me. its against you.

When people KNOW answers to questions and are secure in faith. THEY ANSWER THEM.

they don’t answer and deflect like you always do when

1. They do not know the answer
2. Deep down inside. They know answering the question will prove themselves to be in error.

E

eternally-gratefull

So now I have three sworn enemies of mine: eternally grateful, Sophie, and gb9, So much for Christians supporting each other or interested in loving the Lord together. It makes my prayer life with the Lord more precious, as there is so little sharing with people who do not love with me.
No

You have three people who have made the same observation of your hypocrisy. “Sod as I say not as I do”

and have called you out on it.

Once again, you play the victim, and refuse to admit your sin

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
if you want to see me as an enemy . well that is your right to have that opinion.

i do not see you as one.

i see you as being very zealous for God, but misguided in your hebrew roots beliefs.

i think you are a good person who unfortunately gets very defensive and angry when someone points out the errors in your belief sysyem

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This looks like an attempt to garner sympathy. I think a little self-reflection is in order. Disagreement does not make someone your enemy, nor does correction, nor even rebuke. Instead of complaining about how others treat you, spend your effort considering how you treat others.

S

SophieT

I don't think you are being reasonable. how can anyone stop you from posting scripture except yourself? no one is stopping you

however, people do not agree with what you present. salvation is not a combination of keeping certain laws, keeping the Sabbath or saying no one but you cares. you know this. nothing is going to change

no one is trying to make you say anything against scripture. that is your imagination. eg often interacts with others who think as you do and asks the same question

law keeping is not a part of salvation. it does not save you or keep you saved

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Don't you say salvation don't matter what you do?

To me salvation is God work, but I need to believe His teaching by abide on Him than He in me produce the fruit of love
He produce and I bear that fruit.
The fact I don't have love prove He is not in me and if He is not in me I am not save
Please clarify what you mean by

"The fact I don't have love prove he is not in me and if he is not in email I am not save"

What is this love you mention and how does it manifest in you, what is the driving factor?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The above post you responded to at @eternally-gratefull

He, me and everyone on here reads scripture.
You don't need to tell all to read scripture.
We all know it's our guide, just as you do.
He, you and me and everyone on here have researched what scripture tells us about salvation.
We come to a conclusion the that it is the truth for us.
You say "Faith saves" yes that is true we all believe that.

"Surely you own a Bible, use it"
Was that a loving thing to say?
A loving thing to say to a fellow believer?

Has anyone on here said that to you?