What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
right

and now lets list all the things done by men and all the wars started by men

I wish I was making that up

I think "traditions of men" is rather of a "non genderized" statement! Unless, of course, Jesus was a "sexist!" :p

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
let's raise some hackles here, eh? :p If women would do this TO a navel warship? :eek: View attachment 184488 How much MORE might they do to believers! :rolleyes: Jez passin' through!...Keep on "Truckin'! :p

View attachment 184489
You left out the part about guys crashing two naval ships last year. In one incident the commander of the ship was sleeping at the time. Court martials and resignations pending.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
What do you think being a helpmatt means ? When the father and Son worked together in perfect submission and harmony to one another in Isiah 53 was the son considered a helpmate? One being in a greater position did not make him a greater person, did it ?

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Father is not submitted to Son.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Why is it only the women that God intended for them to have purity and holiness? Seems to me like you are treating women like they are some type of fragile china doll. In my observation and experience they are not. Most women, as are men, are made of tough and substantial stuff. What we have in today's society is basically the same as in any society through the ages, women are treated as chattel and not to be taken seriously. This purity and holiness stuff gets cloying after awhile.
It's simply rebellion against God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I thought the Bible told the older women to teach the roles of a woman?

Titus 2:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Men may have certain expectations of women, but likewise, so do the women (have expectations of men). These things should be understood upfront, so as to avoid strife later. Remember that love is giving.

7seasrekeyed

Y'all notice you seemed to have taken this to what is the women's role? That was never the question, and yet most have flipped the question for "what is the woman's role?"

I thought most people didn't respond to those posts because they assumed most women understood how silly that was.

Now I'm thinking most didn't respond because they were too busy defending their own ideas on what others should do. And, here we are once again arguing over everything but what the question was about.

One of the administrators told me he thought there were only 5000 people on this site now, if he would delete the accounts that haven't been active in the last four years. Most forums are for pethis ople interested in the same subject to talk together. This one seems to be for people who like to argue just to argue. Which means most are fine with men coming on this forum to teach the woman's role, because they want to do the same thing. Argue just to argue.

As far as forums go, if it works, it works. But considering this is supposedly a forum for Christians, it's a lousy example of what following the Lord is supposed to be about. I think 5000 people on this site is an optimistic number.

well you know I have been on different forums for over 10 years and they are all pretty much the same

people get banned for arguing and name calling and that is where this forum is different, but people do get banned here also if they keep it up

as far as Christians go, I don't see halos on any of us and I include myself but some wear the name better than others

that being said, there are some people here that use the forum like a soapbox and a pulpit

doubt that will change...but don't blame the site...frankly I appreciate that they are more lenient on this site...I was on a site where if you looked sidewise a mod would sent you a note and on that same site, I was basically grilled by 2 mods who said I did something I did not do. I was never banned but I left. being a moderator does not mean you are the judge and jury

anyway, you can either contribute in a helpful way or just complain and maybe leave...didn't you say you were leaving or do I have you mixed up with someone else? if I do, sorry

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
HA, HA, Chapter one is a summary, or an introduction.
I disagree, in the original creation naritive of Man and Woman they were just parts of the overall story, like other animals. In Chapter 2 Adam and Eve were created for greater purpose, in my opinion, to me farmers and gardeners. Or else Cain Abel and Seth would have had to marry their their sisters and who was Cain afraid of in genesis 4:13>24? Where did modern man come from and where did neandrethols go? [the flood]

7seasrekeyed

I think "traditions of men" is rather of a "non genderized" statement! Unless, of course, Jesus was a "sexist!" :p
more men could learn from Jesus actually. He never gets on my case for being female and thinking for myself. ;)

and I do wish the smilies would get resolved. this one is working but a good number are shy and don't let us see their entire little yellow face haha

NayborBear

You left out the part about guys crashing two naval ships last year. In one incident the commander of the ship was sleeping at the time. Court martials and resignations pending.

Ok?....Ok!....I was making funny! But, seeings how you wanna be serious? What's the oldest "profession" in the world? And, what was, or were the reason/s behind it? Was it for the "love of money?" Was, it this "seemingly" ENDLESS need to shame the man, or men, caught up in their "enchantments?" Is this because that Eve, as stated in the Bible was, and is "still" "beguiled" by the serpent? (beguiled = WHOLLY SEDUCED). And, this "same" serpent is STILL making WAR "against" GOD? As if these "feeble" attempts at degrading, or shaming, or blackmailing a man is going to make a "pimple on a gnats arse" difference TO God? Should He choose to use a "certain" man, or woman, for His purpose?

Don't take me wrongly here. As God HAS used "women" in certain instances. As He used Deborah, Esther, and even Mary, in the forwarding of His Priesthood! Possibly more, but, that's just off the top of my head. Quite possibly, due to a certain "special" strain of "genetic code!" As in Mary's and Sarah's "cases" (if you will). Yet, not at ALL, in Lot's daughters, nor even Noah's wife's (Ham) cases. Nor Hagar's case! Although, a "certain portion" of God's covenant WITH Abraham, was passed ON to "ishmael", more then likely due to Sarah's "will" (or was it REALLY "Sarah's will?" that caused her to "laugh Abraham to scorn, or shame?" :unsure::unsure:). Which should really show that this WAR against God's Holy Priesthood, has NOT ended!

But? In these days? Nothing has changed from those "days of old!" The beguiler is STILL WARRING against God, and His Holy People! INCLUDING Christian believers! Or, I would be MORE correct in saying that, "society" in general, is seeing SUCH an UPTICK from the "women folk" is TOTALLY got to do with how SHORT the beguilers TIME is? And "he" KNOWS it? Meaning? Men, and women BOTH, SHOULD become "acutely cognizant" of this well hidden fact! And those that are already? Should REMAIN acutely cognizant! The beguilers "best" trick, is his/her convincing people, of its NON-existence!

Now let's "see" that "ugly head" raise up, eh? :p

7seasrekeyed

Ok?....Ok!....I was making funny! But, seeings how you wanna be serious? What's the oldest "profession" in the world? And, what was, or were the reason/s behind it? Was it for the "love of money?" Was, it this "seemingly" ENDLESS need to shame the man, or men, caught up in their "enchantments?" Is this because that Eve, as stated in the Bible was, and is "still" "beguiled" by the serpent? (beguiled = WHOLLY SEDUCED). And, this "same" serpent is STILL making WAR "against" GOD? As if these "feeble" attempts at degrading, or shaming, or blackmailing a man is going to make a "pimple on a gnats arse" difference TO God? Should He choose to use a "certain" man, or woman, for His purpose?

Don't take me wrongly here. As God HAS used "women" in certain instances. As He used Deborah, Esther, and even Mary, in the forwarding of His Priesthood! Possibly more, but, that's just off the top of my head. Quite possibly, due to a certain "special" strain of "genetic code!" As in Mary's and Sarah's "cases" (if you will). Yet, not at ALL, in Lot's daughters, nor even Noah's wife's (Ham) cases. Nor Hagar's case! Although, a "certain portion" of God's covenant WITH Abraham, was passed ON to "ishmael", more then likely due to Sarah's "will" (or was it REALLY "Sarah's will?" that caused her to "laugh Abraham to scorn, or shame?" :unsure::unsure:). Which should really show that this WAR against God's Holy Priesthood, has NOT ended!

But? In these days? Nothing has changed from those "days of old!" The beguiler is STILL WARRING against God, and His Holy People! INCLUDING Christian believers! Or, I would be MORE correct in saying that, "society" in general, is seeing SUCH an UPTICK from the "women folk" is TOTALLY got to do with how SHORT the beguilers TIME is? And "he" KNOWS it? Meaning? Men, and women BOTH, SHOULD become "acutely cognizant" of this well hidden fact! And those that are already? Should REMAIN acutely cognizant! The beguilers "best" trick, is his/her convincing people, of its NON-existence!

a special strain of genetic code

is it safe to say I see a little cro-magnon in the code you present above?

the oldest profession?

some of us are more cognizant then you would apparently recognize :rolleyes:

I prob should not even have bothered to respond to this, but sometimes I go where I should not and I am cognizant of that also

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Yeah, the oldest profession of women, yet based on the supply and demand of man. You are right about one thing though, and that the time is short. Today, when we hear His voice let us not harden our hearts while it is still called Today. God has certainly used women in positions of authority and prominence as you have rightly mentioned and will continue to do so until the day that Jesus returns. Believe it or not there are many women warriors in the army of God that are fighting the good fight.

NayborBear

Yeah, the oldest profession of women, yet based on the supply and demand of man. You are right about one thing though, and that the time is short. Today, when we hear His voice let us not harden our hearts while it is still called Today. God has certainly used women in positions of authority and prominence as you have rightly mentioned and will continue to do so until the day that Jesus returns. Believe it or not there are many women warriors in the army of God that are fighting the good fight.

If this is so? Send me just 1 of those women to me. I need the good fight fought cleaning my messy house, and doing my dirty laundry! :p:p:p:p

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If this is so? Send me just 1 of those women to me. I need the good fight fought cleaning my messy house, and doing my dirty laundry! :p:p:p:p
I will say a pray for God to send you such a woman. She may need to train you a little though in picking up after yourself. In my married life I have learned as a husband that a wife can indeed teach an old dog new tricks. :)

M

Miri

I think if the 12 disciples had been women, the gospel would have
spread much faster and to every nation by now. Just think we could have all
been living in eternity now!

Well you know what they say. The 3 fastest forms of communication are:

Television
Telephone
Tell a woman.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This has been going on for years. I believe the reason is that some men feel threatened by women and the role they play in today's world. Perhaps it's an ego problem or even self-esteem issues. At times it is pathetic.
What's pathetic is your DIVERSIONARY TACTIC. Now we are no longer into tourism.

Regardless of whether men feel threatened by women or not, or whether it is an ego problem or not (and you would not know since you know no one personally), the real issue is what is written in the Bible.

So instead of psychoanalyzing Christian men, why don't you man up and take each and every relevant Scripture, and WITHOUT PUTTING A SPIN ON IT tell us exactly what it means in plain English.

All those Scriptures have already been posted, so now let's see what you have to say about what is actually in the Word of God.

And a direct response to this post will confirm that you have done what was requested.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Regardless of whether men feel threatened by women or not, or whether it is an ego problem or not (and you would not know since you know no one personally), the real issue is what is written in the Bible.

So instead of psychoanalyzing Christian men...
Exactly. We should discuss Bible, not our motivations.

M

Miri

So instead of psychoanalyzing Christian men, why don't you man up and take each and every relevant Scripture, and WITHOUT PUTTING A SPIN ON IT tell us exactly what it means in plain English.

All those Scriptures have already been posted, so now let's see what you have to say about what is actually in the Word of God.

And a direct response to this post will confirm that you have done what was requested.
Wow such anger, this is exactly the problem. Tourist didn’t call any particular
person pathetic, or even all men pathetic.

This is the problem with this subject. If people want to debate the subject
that’s fine. But it usually ends up with a man (not all men) suggesting that
women are all headed for hell, and “are all decendents of Jezebel and ye are
all terrible sinful wicked women who dare to say a word in church and that women
should beg and bow to all men who are superior”.

Well not quite those words but pretty much that’s what comes across!

Then if someone man or woman suggest this is disrespectful, wrong,
demeaning, or at times pathetic, (which lets face it, it is!).

Then the attacks start on that person.

You know if ever it was possible to actually have a sane, reasonable,
discussion on here about the scripture, including what the bible
says about both men and women - you know about how men are to love
their wives as christ loves the church and also women’s roles.

Then maybe as a mere woman, I would actually be willing to carefully
consider what is being said and weigh it up.

But honestly all too soon it turns into a “you are all wicked women headed
for hell”. Quite frankly I would not give any man who was so disrespectful
to his sisters in Christ the time of day, and yes tourist is correct it can be
pathetic.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Wow such anger, this is exactly the problem. Tourist didn’t call any particular
person pathetic, or even all men pathetic.

This is the problem with this subject. If people want to debate the subject
that’s fine. But it usually ends up with a man (not all men) suggesting that
women are all headed for hell, and “are all decendents of Jezebel and ye are
all terrible sinful wicked women who dare to say a word in church and that women
should beg and bow to all men who are superior”.

Well not quite those words but pretty much that’s what comes across!

Then if someone man or woman suggest this is disrespectful, wrong,
demeaning, or at times pathetic, (which lets face it, it is!).

Then the attacks start on that person.

You know if ever it was possible to actually have a sane, reasonable,
discussion on here about the scripture, including what the bible
says about both men and women - you know about how men are to love
their wives as christ loves the church and also women’s roles.

Then maybe as a mere woman, I would actually be willing to carefully
consider what is being said and weigh it up.

But honestly all too soon it turns into a “you are all wicked women headed
for hell”. Quite frankly I would not give any man who was so disrespectful
to his sisters in Christ the time of day, and yes tourist is correct it can be
pathetic.[/QUOTE
]
Thank you for your response. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort it took to write your post. Well spoken as well. Outstanding.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Actually, I know my wife who is a member as well as a few others quite well, including male members. As far as plain English, I have stated my position repeatedly in these types of threads that Paul saying the he does not permit a woman to speak in church or be in a position of authority is not the same as God saying that He does not permit it.

Every word in the bible is there for a express purpose and there is a huge difference between what Paul does not permit and what God does not permit. Paul himself states in 1 Cor 10:23 that all things are lawful but not all things are profitable.

Apparently you and I are on a different spiritual plane on certain matters, I'm not saying my perception is superior or yours is inferior but clearly our view on this particular matter is different.

I have not conducted any such psychoanalyzing of Christian men bur only offered my opinion on certain ones. I was not referring to you as pathetic, or anyone else for that matter, in regards to spiritual views as to the role of woman in the church or service to the Lord but if you want to lump yourself in with those that I was critical of that is entirely up to you.

I hope my explanation was in plain enough English for your to comprehend. I do agree with you that the real issue is what is written in the bible, but apparently our understanding of certain passages differs.

As far as tourism is concerned I am just passing through and will not come this way again. I travel light.