What do you think of the Mormons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I've been to some Mormon services and like their approach to the Sacrament. Many of their other beliefs are too much for me, though I wonder if their beliefs around Joseph Smith and Polygamy are any stranger than some of the Old Testament Practices? I would appreciate your views.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I've been to some Mormon services and like their approach to the Sacrament. Many of their other beliefs are too much for me, though I wonder if their beliefs around Joseph Smith and Polygamy are any stranger than some of the Old Testament Practices? I would appreciate your views.
It sounds like you sincerely want to know.
I will post detailed teachings on the religion if you will watch/ listen to them.

Mormon Doctrines

Comparison of Mormonism and Islam

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Mormons are lovely people, and I have a lot of Mormon friends... but their beliefs are far enough removed from biblical truth, or even rationality, to properly label them as a cult.

They believe in multiple Gods; they believe YOU can become a God, they believe Jesus was just a regular man who was so good he became a God; they believe in baptismal ceremonies for dead people, they believe ancient Israelites came to America in a ship that could go underwater (like a submarine), they believe the garden of Eden was in Missouri, they believe their prophet translated ancient golden tablets into English through means of a magical rock he put in his hat. I wish I was making this up.

And like most cults, every few years they go back and change the more controversial things that "God told them", and rewrite some of their beliefs... so they sound less crazy.

Keep in mind, as lovely as they are, no amount of sweetness can make an untrue proposition into a true one.
Sweetness has no ability to alter facts or reality.

If you have some confusion about Mormonism, it might be good for you to do more study on traditional Christian doctrine.
More study of traditional doctrine will solve a lot of issues.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Im willing to overlook all of their beliefs except for the special underwear.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
While I am concerned for them as individuals, I can't help but laugh at an organization that assigns the title "Elder" to pimply-faced teenagers.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The South Park episode about the Mormons was pretty funny

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
You're against them for wearing Shreddies?

Im against inconvenience and nah i don't mind them wearing shreddies but if they're going around cracking off deep rooted farts like this guy just did in their all white underwear id be a bit concerned.

Handyman62

Jan 10, 2021
Rural South Carolina
Im against inconvenience and nah i don't mind them wearing shreddies but if they're going around cracking off deep rooted farts like this guy just did in their all white underwear id be a bit concerned.
Will the Mormons "special underwear" save those riding in elevators?:poop: