What do you want to be when you grow up?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 9, 2017
As a kid, all I ever wanted to be was "retired". Now that my plan's out the window, what did (do) you want to be?

And yes, this is a rant.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Grow up? Me? There's no danger of that happening. :)

Jun 24, 2017
A secret agent that has good looks and striking wit,(Hey, I've already got part of the job description! :p ) charming and smooth as glass, has all the kung foo, get's the best toys, and get's flown all over the world at the expense of his agency. But only like 5 times a year. The rest of the time I'll be focused on curating bespoke suits and classic cars for my impeccably clean estate. Basically 007 but less British and without the possibility of torture.

Aug 30, 2017
A permanent citizen of the New Jerusalem.

A big dream that will turn into reality soon!

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I've never figured that out. I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I doubt I'll ever figure it out.

Z

Zi

I grew up volunteering in nursing homes and for the Red Cross. I still love to volunteer.. if I could live and give my time as a career to others who need something, I'd be immeasurably fulfilled..

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
I'm just assuming (hopefully correctly) that you are referring to when Christ comes back and not about being severly sick.
A permanent citizen of the New Jerusalem.

A big dream that will turn into reality soon!

Aug 30, 2017
I'm just assuming (hopefully correctly) that you are referring to when Christ comes back and not about being severly sick.
I didn't think of how that sounded.:eek:
I'm not sick. But the way this world is going, it can't be long, agreed?

J

joefizz

I wanted to help people.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
I wanted to be a cop or join the Army or any job where I would get to shoot and beat up bad guys. Before that I wanted to be a ghost buster. Lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If I ever really do grow up
Well I wanna grow up to be just like You

[video=youtube;0GgXk0X-_RA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GgXk0X-_RA[/video]

And I really may just grow up
To be like You
Someday
Someday...

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I want to be a Fremen warrior when I grow up. Yeah, that's it. Desert-dwelling drug addict that kills people with a worm tooth and renders the bodies down for the water they contain.

...good work if you can get it.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I wanted to be a nurse, then a cake decorator. I ended up being a care aid and a cake decorator lol

R

renewed_hope

I always wanted to be an elementary school teacher and eventually homeschool my kids so i can be a stay at home wife and mother. Fast forward to high school I didn't want to attend school for five years so I settled on wanting to go to beauty school and run my own salon out of my home....fast forward a few more years after putting my future on hold because of caring for my mom and ailing grandparents, I decided to go back to school and now I have a degree in accounting that I would love to someday work from home, I am also in the process of becoming a Mary Kay consultant and starting up a catering company. Many things have changed, but one thing that always remained is that I always wanted to be is a stay at home wife and mother....and it's in God's hands when that will happen :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
A professional athlete but it's too late now. I like swimming, volleyball, table tennis, badminton, soccer, baseball, figure skating, & gymnastics.

M

Mooky

I wanted to be an astronaut.Then a nature conservationist.Then an actress.Then a graphic designer.Then an underground artist living in Berlin.Then a counsellor.Then a mental health worker.

I have since settled for being a small business owner working from home.:)

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
As a kid, all I ever wanted to be was "retired". Now that my plan's out the window, what did (do) you want to be?

And yes, this is a rant.
Ahh so thats whos window i found that plan outside of... and ran off with ^^""