What does being a lukewarm Christian mean?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danielle1234
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Thank you so much RedTent for helping me understand how a true Christian should think of things everyday in life. :)
 
Thank you Deadtosin :) and what are some examples of "indulging in things of the world"?

well, an example would be when you get on Netflix. If you find yourself consistently selecting things like "family guy" instead of "october baby" lol if you are watching things that mock God, make light of sex and other things that glorify the world and make light of jesus. If your reading material is more "vampires" and less "spiritual" The things of the world are in sharp contrast to the things of God.

The things we watch, hear and read enter us, whether we realize it or not. In much the same way that we become like those we hang around.

I hope this helps :)
 
What are some warning signs you're a lukewarm Christian. If you're afraid if being lukewarm, does that make you not lukewarm?

I think that most posters on here claiming to be Christians have not as yet reached temperature you are concerned about.
 
I think that most posters on here claiming to be Christians have not as yet reached temperature you are concerned about.

Luke 18:11-12 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.


...sorry...but needed
 
Luke 18:11-12 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.


...sorry...but needed

But I'm like the other men the Pharisee compared himself too. Why since the apostle Paul has moved on to his reward and vacated his position as chief of sinners I am well in the run for that position. So what's your gripe? Are you jealous?
What? Do I make the scripture argue against itself like most of the not even lukewarm "Christians" posting here in their attempted proposals and defenses? What? Is it me who says "oh well we can't really just rely on what the Bible states there because it does not line up with what I think it should." The poster requested the signs that register the slope toward lukewarmness, but the majority here have made it well past that temperature gradient on the downward slope. What is wrong with attempting to get them to reverse their slide? Are you doing anything that will actually help them?
 
But I'm like the other men the Pharisee compared himself too. Why since the apostle Paul has moved on to his reward and vacated his position as chief of sinners I am well in the run for that position. So what's your gripe? Are you jealous?
What? Do I make the scripture argue against itself like most of the not even lukewarm "Christians" posting here in their attempted proposals and defenses? What? Is it me who says "oh well we can't really just rely on what the Bible states there because it does not line up with what I think it should." The poster requested the signs that register the slope toward lukewarmness, but the majority here have made it well past that temperature gradient on the downward slope. What is wrong with attempting to get them to reverse their slide? Are you doing anything that will actually help them?
I just did....
 
cxjonz, if you have something to add to the post why don't you add something instead of tearing others down?
 
Being a lukewarm christian simply means that you don't want to give EVERYTHING to God your not completely for Him but your not completely against Him. God would rather you be one or the other. I have to say it is a good thing that you are watching it, and you don't want to be a lukewarm christian. I wrote a paper on this subject if you would like I could e-mail it to you. When we accept Jesus Christ it does not need to be about us it needs to be about our heavenly father.
 
cxjonz, if you have something to add to the post why don't you add something instead of tearing others down?

I've added, but maybe you don't realize just how bad things are. A few months ago my wife and I visited one of the local churches for Sunday school and morning "worship". The Sunday school class's teacher met us and made this statement. "We have about a hundred people attending this class and a hundred different theological perspectives." Friend Paul says be like him and one of his major objectives was tearing down strongholds of unbelief. Here we have a cross section of religious perspectives. I don't see any difference here than that local Sunday school class. According to Jesus Christ only a very few people ever find the gate into God's kingdom. But there is virtually a church building of some sort on the corner of every block and several more in between those. And you think there isn't a really big problem and then complain that I at least make some feeble attempt to do something about it. The religious are a dime a dozen, but where most of them will wind up is not what they expect to wind up in. To your mind it is an illegality to expose heresy, but with God it is a necessity.
 
no brother, that isn't what I am saying. I know that the issue you speak of is real. However you don't know my walk with God. Or anyone else' here for that matter. This teen has asked for our help so that she doesn't fall into that same trap. So why don't you work with us, and try to help paint a clear picture for her?

Start a new thread addressing the luke-warm church that has infiltrated the hearts and minds of the nation and this website. However right here on this post? we are here for her and I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure she would) if you would focus- and get on board with the task at hand.
 
Last edited:
Lukewarm christian is the same thing as a lukewarm newlywed bride who has a headache
 
no brother, that isn't what I am saying. I know that the issue you speak of is real. However you don't know my walk with God. Or anyone else' here for that matter. This teen has asked for our help so that she doesn't fall into that same trap. So why don't you work with us, and try to help paint a clear picture for her?

Start a new thread addressing the luke-warm church that has infiltrated the hearts and minds of the nation and this website. However right here on this post? we are here for her and I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure she would) if you would focus- and get on board with the task at hand.

Your walk with God? Answer me. The scriptures by God's specific design function to perform three designated things as a particular instrument. What are the three functions and the instrument?
 
Luke warm means you know about God yet you have no interest in accommodating God in your life. Not much higher than a non believer and probably more damage.
 
And the final answer is:

Lukewarm christian is one who has no love of the truth.
They have no love of reading the Bile.
No love of studying its meanings.
No love of learning what they can that they dont know.
They dont care, they dont study, they dont seek,
They are happy and don't want anything to change, because that is inconvenient for them.
 
Thank you everyone. :) And CEF, I'll send you my email. :)

I just realized that you are 15 years old. I may have been quite harsh to you and If have please forgive me. I hope and pray that God leads and guides you. I also thank God that 15 year old girl is seeking God and not boy's amen.
 
Your walk with God? Answer me. The scriptures by God's specific design function to perform three designated things as a particular instrument. What are the three functions and the instrument?

you give me a riddle and expect it to reveal aspects of my relationship with God? ask me directly your question.
 
What are some warning signs you're a lukewarm Christian. If you're afraid if being lukewarm, does that make you not lukewarm?

The 2 basic signs of a luke warm Christian are, rarely praying or reading the Scriptures...