What does born again mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And you should answer my questions
I am not obligated to answer ridiculous questions that have no relationship to the discussion. Frankly, I'm not obligated to answer questions at all, but I choose to do so.

Jan 4, 2023
I am not obligated to answer ridiculous questions that have no relationship to the discussion. Frankly, I'm not obligated to answer questions at all, but I choose to do so.
Then why have a conversation?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Remission of sins, and the promise of an eternal inheritance, was accomplished on the cross for all of those that God gave to his Son.

Mark 1:4, For (unto) the remission of sins, which would be accomplished on the cross.

Luke 24:47, The remission of sins, for those that God gave to his Son, should be preached in his name to (the lost sheep of the house of Israel) who are from every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation (Rev 5:9).

Mark 16:15-16, The lost sheep, of the household of Israel, were scattered abroad ( Matt 26:31 ). The gospel WAS PREACHED to every creature which is under heaven Col 1:23. The "saved" in verse 16 is not referencing eternal heaven, but rather, a deliverance that can be received by God's children, as they sojourn here on earth. saved, according to Greek means "delivered:"

Acts 2:36-39, Peter was preaching to the lost sheep of the household of Israel in verse 36.

When a person is born again, God exchanges the stony heart of the natural man for a fleshy heart that can be pricked to feel spiritual guilt ( Ezk 1119).

The Jews in Acts 2:37 were already born again, and reacted from their guilty conscience, by responding by saying unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, "What must we do?"

In contrast, when Stephen, preached the same rermon as Peter, to those men with a stony heart, they were "cut to the heart" and. gnashed on him with their teeth. ( Acts 7:54 ).

Rom 6:3-4, baptism doth also now save (deliver) us (from our guilty conscience). The "save" has no reference to eternal deliverance.
We are taught we either hear and believe and follow or we don’t it’s an instruction fornus to live a new life after converting

“if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness ( you’ve been renewed now walk it out by faith it’s about change )

(Instructions in righteousness change our minds about God ourselves and life )

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-22, 24-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

As we start to let the truth into our mind and heart hearing those instructions from God of how to live this happens

“and be renewed in the spirit of your mind;”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And this happens

“in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“born again “ “ renewed in spirit “ “ set free from the dungeon of sin “ it’s all the same point it’s about a new beginning

a when we get baptized it’s for repentance and remission of sins ehat that means is we’ve become like a new born baby to God were now innocent s if we have never sinned it’s a new beginning born again renewed raised from the dead ect it’s all about the concept of the gospel being able to change us through belief from sinners who have no real moral compass to children of God filled with the knowledge of his son in whom we believe

a born again is a concept about receiving new start from the mercy of God alone even though we sinned before he’s willing to forgive and forget if we will hear and believe Jesus

its a change concept like being set free from a snare , being set free from the bondage of sin and the guilty stains it left on us , no one actually is reborn but through faith we change and become new people it isn’t just because we get baptized d God doesn’t magically do it fornus

E get baptized so our sins can be removed and we can come into a relationship with God and learn from him and become new people that don’t think and act like lost sinners but become over time and through patience more like Jesus s we follow him

a born again is the same concept as being crucified and raised up from the dead it’s an end to the old d a new beginning where the person is t a condemned sinner but is a forgiven and clean child of God we just become disciples of Jesus learn from him and trust in him and that changes us

awe just let the doctrines in and Gods word will do the rest to change us

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we hear the doctrine like this the instructions

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”

When we don’t reject it but instead accept and believe it it works in us to change our minds ( how we think about God ourselves the world life ect) and change our Will to be like Jesus Will and this then changes our actions

It’s all about change new beginning a new way to go a new life on Christ a new freedom we havent known

to be born again is a concept not an event it’s about the change of a sinner to a child of the living God

Water baptism is something Gods Holy Spirit established sending John to precede Jesus and has never changes its intent or meaning it’s for those who repent and believe the gospel to remit thier sins based on what God said , receiving the Holy Spirit is about a new life power in us it has nothing to do with remission of sins that’s what the water and blood are for[/QUOTE]

Sorry, most of that post came out as if it was my comments, but in actuality, only the last part is my comments.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Both are required faith and baptism Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38
Thanks

All scriptures must harmonize, it you are to understand the doctrine that Jesus taught.

Salvation=deliverance, saved=delivered, and save=deliver, according to Greek interpretation.

Believing, and being baptised delivers the babe in Christ, as he sojourns here in this world. Saved, in Mark 16:16 is not referencing eternal deliverance.

If you are intent on applying all of the salvation scriptures to reference eternal deliverance, they will tend to teach eternal salvation is gained by a person's good works, which is a false doctrine.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The Christian new birth is an event that happens when a person chooses to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sorry, I must have goofed, somehow, in my reply to Pilgramshope's post, and caused his comments to appear as my comments.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
One of the blessings of God thru Mary but he did not receive the Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration
Thanks

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Baptism is an answer of a good conscience toward God, which saves (delivers) a child of God from his quilt. Saved=delivered, according to Greek interpretation.

Jan 4, 2023
All scriptures must harmonize, it you are to understand the doctrine that Jesus taught.

Salvation=deliverance, saved=delivered, and save=deliver, according to Greek interpretation.

Believing, and being baptised delivers the babe in Christ, as he sojourns here in this world. Saved, in Mark 16:16 is not referencing eternal deliverance.

If you are intent on applying all of the salvation scriptures to reference eternal deliverance, they will tend to teach eternal salvation is gained by a person's good works, which is a false doctrine.
Not by works alone apart from Christ, his church, and His grace
Thanks

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Not by works alone apart from Christ, his church, and His grace
Thanks

A born again child's good works can save (deliver) him as he sojourns here on earth, but his good works has no part in gaining his eternal life.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Baptism is accomplished by God’s sanctifying and justifying grace, but thru man who is the instrument Jn 3:22

Ez 36:25-27
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Thanks

The sprinkling of clean water, has to do with the changing of the heart from a heart of stone to a fleshy heart.

Baptism is being emerset, not sprinkled.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
That Scripture refers to...
Romans 1:20
“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

To my understanding, this does not change the fact that they are disobedient children of God.

Jan 4, 2023
A born again child's good works can save (deliver) him as he sojourns here on earth, but his good works has no part in gaining his eternal life.
Yes they do after we are in Christ in His new covenant church by the grace of sacramental baptism,
Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Matt 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
1 cor 13:2 & 1 cor 13:13 charity
1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023
The sprinkling of clean water, has to do with the changing of the heart from a heart of stone to a fleshy heart.

Baptism is being emerset, not sprinkled.
Immersion, sprinkling, pouring are all valid for baptism as long as pure water runs over the forehead with words of the proper minister of baptism saying: I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit Matt 28:19
Thanks

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Immersion, sprinkling, pouring are all valid for baptism as long as pure water runs over the forehead with words of the proper minister of baptism saying: I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit Matt 28:19
Thanks
There is nothing in Scripture about water running over the forehead. There is nothing in Scripture about a "proper minister of baptism".

Again, your understanding is clouded by your Catholic dogma.

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
The Christian new birth is an event that happens when a person chooses to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Of course it's an event.
Luke 15:10
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Jan 4, 2023
No faith and the sacrament of baptismal regeneration to be a new creation by the transforming power of grace

The Christian sacrament* of baptismal regeneration is required for the new covenant and salvation!

*this promise acts 2:38-39 is a sacred oath from God ez 36:25-27 and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Initiation!!!

Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

Only James 2:24 a man is justified by works and not by “faith alone”

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!
Wrong. Any believer can baptize another. There is no need for an apostle to do it… and good luck finding an apostle these days anyway. Catholic priests certainly don’t qualify.

Jan 4, 2023
Wrong. Any believer can baptize another. There is no need for an apostle to do it… and good luck finding an apostle these days anyway. Catholic priests certainly don’t qualify.
Bishops do!
But you right in the case of emergency any baptized Christian can perform baptism but none of the other six sacraments thanks