What does god say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MatthewUK

What is the religious consensus on suicide, is it viewed as a sin? I have heard it is many times, but I always struggle to understand why it would be.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Murder and the destruction of God's temple doesn't seem a sin?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I don't know about the religious consensus, but the Christian Faith are a wee bit split. Personally, I believe it is a sin, but I know others who do not.

There are Scriptures on both sides......

Sep 3, 2016
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (Romans 14:7-9): You are not your own; you were bought at a price.

In other words, it is not your choice.

JSM

Sep 3, 2016
“7 For none of us lives to himself, and no man dies to himself (no Christian is his own end in life; what is always present in his mind as a rule of his conduct is the will and interest of his Lord).

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord (everything in our lives is to be, “unto the Lord”): whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s (reflects the Lord having total control over our lives and deaths, which we must desire He use to the fullest).

9 For to this end (refers to the fact of Christ’s absolute ownership of the Believer, spirit, soul, and body) Christ both died, and rose, and revived (a price was paid for us of such magnitude that it absolutely defies description), that He might be Lord both of the dead and living (refers to the Lordship of Christ over all Saints, whether alive or having passed on).” Romans 14:7-9

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
What is the religious consensus on suicide, is it viewed as a sin? I have heard it is many times, but I always struggle to understand why it would be.
Personally I think "Religion" made up, if you commit suicide you go to hell because you cannot ask for forgiveness. First off how many overt and covert sins in a day do you commit that you do not ask for forgiveness for? Remember the standard is PERFECTION in Word, THOUGHT, and DEED. If you sinned, no matter how little will you go to hell if you did not ask forgiveness?

And you have to asks what sins people to hell? Is it not rejecting the Messiah?

Should we commit suicide?... Well that can be a trick question!?! If you think you can lose your salvation, you might want to or at least pray G-d takes you right away..... just making fun....

NO! We should not kill ourselves, Messiah is our LIVING HOPE! But I understand when good, righteous people have been so deceived and felt so hopeless that just wanted to move home. AND THERE WILL NEVER BE A DOUBT IN MY MIND HOME(HEAVEN) IS WHERE THEY WENT!!!!

Sep 3, 2016
Pastor Tony Evans says, "Many Christians are living under a great depression. If they were to tell you their stories, it will all end the same way...life has not been fair. Just so you know that you're not alone. The bible is full of men and women who became discourage.

Job said, "Better is the day of my death then the day of my birth." Jonah ask God to kill him because he was so depressed and discourage. Moses windup wondering in a wilderness tending sheep for forty years when he was raised to be a Pharaoh. Even the Great Apostle Paul says, "I was down to the point of death." So even the great names in the bible had a battle with depression. If you read the Psalms you'll see David say over and over and over again, "Oh my soul - why are you so disturbed within me.

And if you have not experience depression keep on living. Life has a way of showing up and showing out. It is doing this time Christians must draw near with full confidence to Lord Jesus Christ. The scripture also says to encourage one another and build each other up."

Sep 3, 2016
The demon of depression is real. It is demonic bondage. A wounded soul with sin or trauma gives access to this demonic king(s). James 1:8 and James 4:4, is not speaking to the un-save, but to the Saints.

Whenever Satan moves against you, he always moves in the realm of death, because "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). And even if Satan doesn't kill you physically, he wants to ruin you spiritually. He wants you to live in the sphere of death.

For who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man like Satan and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger--someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house. Matthew 12:29 NLT

Jesus gave His disciples dunamis (power), exousia (spiritual authority) and kratos (dominion, strength, power). God gave Jesus this anointing and Jesus has given it to us (followers that are His disciples).

Dunamis heals the soul and body where it has been wounded by sickness, disease, trauma, and all infirmities. It also deals with all miracles. Dunamis means "excellent of soul." Philippians 3:10, Romans 8:11 NIV

Exousia deals with commanding all demonic forces to leave that have put a person in bondage and strongholds from their sins or however they got permission to afflict you. It gives spiritual authority to the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to bind and loose in Heaven and Earth - Mark 16:17. However you must always begin with the blood of Jesus and repent and confess your sins. The blood atones for every sin known and unknown. Your soul must not have anything in common with Satan (strong men) and his demons. John 14:30 AMPC

Kratos gives you dominion (jurisdiction). I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Joshua 1:3 NIV

Unbelief hinders spiritual authority. Never change the theology of the bible to accommodate something that did not happen based on the way you want it to do and the way you want it to be. Because Gods word is true and every man is a liar. Authority can never be released in silence. The bible says, “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” The whole idea and reason why the Devil want the Christian believers to keep their mouth shut is because if you don’t speak, spirits don’t leave.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
One thing for sure is that I am glad that God is the judge of each of us and He can look on the heart. I'll let Him decide what to do with peeps that commit suicide. But I also know that a lot of them that do are very depressed and I have empathy for them they need our prayers.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I may be the only one who saw why it was funny........knowing that Movie so well.....anyway, made me smile
You know I am ALWAYS FUNNY IN MY OWN HEAD, but my humor is DRY... and I have to tell people, NO! IT IS FUNNY, WELL IF ATLEAST YOU WERE IN MY HEAD.... Then they give STUPID LAUGH... still KILLED IT!!! Or it COMMITED SUCIDE .... Either way....

Sep 3, 2016
“24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive (pertains to being drawn aside into endless discussions which serve no purpose, and can only conclude in “strife!”); but be gentle unto all men (Fruit of the Spirit [Gal. 5:22]), apt to teach (teach correct Doctrine), patient (show patience to those who do not easily and quickly understand that which is being taught),

25 In meekness instructing those who oppose themselves (refers to those who place themselves in opposition to the true servant of the Lord and to True Doctrine); if God peradventure will give them Repentance to the acknowledging of the Truth (hoping those in error will repent and come to the Truth, and we might quickly say, “The Truth of the Cross”);”

“26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the Devil (if one is placing his Faith and Hope in anything other than Christ and the Cross, he has been “snared by the Devil,” which is serious indeed!), who are taken captive by him at his will. (Unless the Believer makes the Cross the Object of his Faith, which then gives him the help of the Holy Spirit, he is helpless against Satan, who will make him his captive, i.e., “in bondage to sin” [Gal. 5:1].)” 2 Tim. 2:24-26

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.

Aug 2, 2009
Anyway, even if this thread is 100% serious, I'd be willing to bet that not a single person's viewpoint will be changed.

Sep 3, 2016
A demon can never enter the spirit-man...it is sealed. However, can they enter the inner-man (soul) and the flesh (mind) of a Believer from a wounded soul and trauma? Sin gives access to the demonic. These are called strongholds, bondage, and yokes.

A Spirit of Infirmity
10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

14 But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd, “There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.”

15 The Lord then answered him and said, “Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?” 17 And when He said these things, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him.

Jesus said this woman was a daughter of Abraham, which means she was saved. If you look up the word infirmity in the Strong's, it means soul. This woman soul was wounded from sin.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
A demon can never enter the spirit-man...it is sealed. However, can they enter the inner-man (soul) and the flesh (mind) of a Believer from a wounded soul and trauma? Sin gives access to the demonic. These are called strongholds, bondage, and yokes.

A Spirit of Infirmity
10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

14 But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd, “There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.”

15 The Lord then answered him and said, “Hypocrite!b]'>[b] Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?” 17 And when He said these things, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him.

Jesus said this woman was a daughter of Abraham, which means she was saved. If you look up the word infirmity in the Strong's, it means soul. This woman soul was wounded from sin.

I love this because I truly believe, from Scripture, we can never be possessed, we are sealed, but we can be oppressed, and depending on where we are at in our walk with the Lord (though it does not determine our Salvation) it can effect our actions even unto committing suicide.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I have lots of reasons to be depressed and suicidal. I'm 96, my family all dumped me, I'm in bed with a MRSA infection. But I don't feel at ALL like suicide, and that is because of what the Lord tells me.

Paul tells us that in whatever state we are in we are to be content. We are told to count our blessings We are told that God is love and we need to put on the spirit of God. A part of love is to accept. These are points I believe in, But that isn't enough. We have a subconscious mind that simply records everything and has much to do with our thoughts and actions.

In the Lord's Prayer we are told to ask for our daily bread, and of course that is bread on many levels. One level is the idea food we give our minds. That dirty book you read, that thought against your neighbor is all simply recorded and influences our thoughts and actions. The subconscious mind just accepts what it hears. So I am very careful of what I put in my mind I feed it good thoughts.