What does it mean to BELIEVE IN JESUS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
I believed salvation is by grace of God through faith.
But that is one of the reason of this topic, how do you show you believed?
James 2 18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works

Jan 17, 2020
"False believers" is an oxymoron. It doesn't exist. There is no scriptural support for someone who believes (but doesn't really believe). There is only scriptural support for those who believe (for a while, but then fall away).
“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” Matthew 24:11 (KJV 1900)
The Calvinist Christ is totally different from the Arminian Christ. As is the Jehovah's Witness Christ and the Oneness Pentecostal Christ.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
1 John 2:19
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
These are not the same people.

Jan 17, 2020
Simple correlations like this won't make the grade. We are warned about false prophets and teachers, who secretly slip in amongst us, and through various heresies, denials and twisting - can overthrow the faith of some. That is why we are to take HEED.
But Christ in the heart is worth more than a dozen speculations in the mind.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
1 John 2:19
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
They were believer at one point but not God's Elect. For if they were Elect they would have continued in the belief. Instead they fell into Apostasia (Unbelief)

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
You can't choose what you believe.

You stop believing in santa because your parents decieved you and you learn what is or isnt real.

How can you stop believing in a Holy Father who isnt fiction and who works in you and never lies or fails you...🤦‍♂️
Whether its the truth or not, whether you were decieved..that fact of the matter is you once believed..and now your not.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
James 2 18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works
That is showing your faith....before you come to faith

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
There is a link between BELIEF and OBEDIENCE that cannot be broken.

Hebrews 3 NKJV
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 3 AMPLIFIED
18 And to whom did He swear [an oath] that they would not enter His rest, but to those who disobeyed [those who would not listen to His word]? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter [into His rest—the promised land] because of unbelief and an unwillingness to trust in God.

From the Garden of Eden - a commandment was given but Eve trusted the words of a false prophet (serpent) over the word of God. Adam took of it and ate. He made a conscious choice to go against the commandment given (unbelief) and the rest is history.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
As an example...moses did did not believed God, in what way? And how?

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
There is a link between BELIEF and OBEDIENCE that cannot be broken.

Hebrews 3 NKJV
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 3 AMPLIFIED
18 And to whom did He swear [an oath] that they would not enter His rest, but to those who disobeyed [those who would not listen to His word]? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter [into His rest—the promised land] because of unbelief and an unwillingness to trust in God.

From the Garden of Eden - a commandment was given but Eve trusted the words of a false prophet (serpent) over the word of God. Adam took of it and ate. He made a conscious choice to go against the commandment given (unbelief) and the rest is history.
I don’t think one could say Adam had unbelief. He was influenced by the women and made a conscious decision to indulge. It’s not the he had unbelief, it’s just that he gave into the fleshy desire.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Believe in Him as God and Savior or a Galilean who lived a long time ago, has some good things to say but essentially was a religious nut job?
Whatever suits you...if you want to discuss him as God and Savior or a religious nut job...as long as how you must believe each story..

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Whatever suits you...if you want to discuss him as God and Savior or a religious nut job...as long as how you must believe each story..
I think most people believe He was a historical figure. Those that actually believe He was/is the Jewish Messiah is much less.

We would have to define what believing means. As for me, He is my truth. Did I ever stop believe that? No. Have I blatantly ignored Him? Yes.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
I think most people believe He was a historical figure. Those that actually believe He was/is the Jewish Messiah is much less.

We would have to define what believing means. As for me, He is my truth. Did I ever stop believe that? No. Have I blatantly ignored Him? Yes.
How do you ignore him?