What does it take for a soul to become eternal/infinite?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 21, 2021
Jesus is the only way.

I want to look into the science behind a soul being compatible with infinity.

For something to be infinite it needs to be in perfect order (Coherence).

This reality of the fallen is disorder (Decoherence). It is finite. You can't have an infinite number of anything physical.

Is the following saying Jesus was made of disorder?

2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Jan 21, 2021
Was Jesus made in a way that could interact with this fallen reality?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
God breathed into man the breath of life. At that moment man became a living soul. The soul is eternal because it came from God. The matter of where the soul spends eternity does not effect the eternal nature of the soul.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jan 21, 2021
Okay, good point, people in hell will be eternal also. I guess I mean a peaceful eternal life.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Was Jesus made in a way that could interact with this fallen reality?
God has interacted with this fallen reality from the nano second it fell.

According to you, energy is sin.

Does God have no energy in your view?

It would seem necessary given your stance.

Which makes it very wrong.

E

EleventhHour

God breathed into man the breath of life. At that moment man became a living soul. The soul is eternal because it came from God. The matter of where the soul spends eternity does not effect the eternal nature of the soul.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Some deny this biblical truth, I agree there is a triune nature to man, soul. body and spirit.
The spirit being separated at the fall.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
No matter if you accept Christ or not, we are eternal beings. Your soul is eternal.

How do we know this? Because, if you are saved we are to live with Christ forever. 1 John 2:17

But if you do not know Christ and His love, you are still eternal, just eternally dead. Matthew 25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

And Jesus was mentioned with Adam and Eve.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Oct 19, 2020
Jesus is the WORD [read John 1:1-5].
The WORD was with Adam/Eve because the WORD created everything.
The WORD even created our own Salvation and Resurrection by allowing Himself to be Jesus and become our Sacrifice upon the Cross.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Sorry, I should say the Son didn't start out as Man. So yes, Jesus was there but not as a man.
oh but Christ was a man.

Genesis 32:22-31

King James Version

22 And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.
23 And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had.
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

No man can see God (father) and live.
The Holy Spirit dwells inside of us, not outside.
So this leaves Jesus to be the only candidate.... But notice, He has a mans body BEFORE His birth, meaning He is not bound by our time and at least 1 dimension above now.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
When Jesus is here as a man he is physical.
Really?
Explain John 20, if Jesus has to be physical while here as a man.

Explain Luke 24

Your theory is getting further and further from the Bible...

Jan 21, 2021
Satan was already cast down to the physical earth before Adam and Eve.

The tree of knowledge was the connection to this fallen reality.

It was the choice Free Will allows to see from Satan's perception ..sin ..disorder ..physicality

Jan 21, 2021
When the Bible mentions "dust" to create man, could it mean quantum waves?

Jan 21, 2021
I've been attacked relentlessly because of this premise. People don't want God to create the universe as waves first because all they know is physicality. What do you think?

Dust sounds like particles to me. And particles can be in waveform when not observed.

The closest thing they would have had, at the time, was to describe it as dust.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I've been attacked relentlessly because of this premise. People don't want God to create the universe as waves first because all they know is physicality. What do you think?
People have been showing where your thinking is off. You just won't admit it.

Scripture is clear: Adam was created of physical earthly elements. He and Eve were not
created as non-physical spiritual beings as you suppose, propose, purport, and promote.

I also think your approach is wrong, since Scripture is also clear
that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

You are not going to "convince half the world of sin" with this :oops:

Jan 21, 2021
There is this thing called wave-particle duality in this reality. The reality view before didn't have this ..only waves.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Jesus isn't mentioned with Adam and Eve.
That would the Son walking and talking with them in the garden in the cool of the day.
Gen 3.8
And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.