What does "Jesus is Lord" mean? What does it mean that Jesus is Lord?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012

Dec 12, 2013
LORD of lords and KING of kings....Lord<---MASTER .......the maker and sustainer of ALL THINGS....

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
It means he is God! He rules and reigns over creation. He is one with the Father, and the Holy Spirit, and yet the unique Logos within the triunity of God's being.

Nov 26, 2012
The child says this is my room, I should be able to decide what goes on in it. Then the parent says that it’s his house, he paid for it, so he should decide. Then Jesus says that it’s my world, I created it, so I get to decide what goes on here.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Jesus is LORD.. Means Jesus is God...

And yes i believe Jesus is LORD..

They are One..

1 Timothy 3: KJV
16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

John 14: KJV
8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

Isaiah 9: KJV

6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Jesus is LORD..

Sep 24, 2012
Would it be correct to say that Jesus is the Lord and master of everything created?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Would it be correct to say that Jesus is the Lord and master of everything created?
Jesus Christ is God, He is all mighty, all capable. Hear Him, learn of Him, and do what He teaches..

Hepzibah

Apr 18, 2015
The meaning is to be taken personally. Is Jesus Christ the absolute ruler in my life, that is to say, am l complying with His will in all areas of my life or hoping that one day l will? If it is not so today then He is not your lord. You are still in the driving seat despite all of your church attendance, Bible study etc.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I hope the weather breaks soon............I'd love to get a little fishing in myself!

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
He created the world and everything in it, but He did not create sin..
Eh...sin is a consequence of the design. If there is a way to hit a target, there must also be a way to miss a target. God made it all, sin included, though, you have to be very careful and specific when speaking about the matter. God, Himself, is not sinful, but He gave us the choice.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
It is so simple but can only be taken by faith.... G-d Himself, while sill in heaven going His G-d thing... Came to Earth as the human Messiah (Yeshua/Jesus). Messiah is the human manifestation of the invisible G-d.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
So many good answers on here already. But, I'll add this, Earth has seen its share of rulers and emperors and none compare to Jesus Christ. satan Once ruled this place, but the Kingdom of Heaven is here, victory already secured...just going through the motions now.

Reminds me of a scene in a movie (I hardly watch movies). It was one of those marvel films and Loki has arrived on Earth and is telling humans how they are designed to serve...an old man stands up and says, "But we will never serve someone like you." Beautiful. Mankind is too weak to survive on its own, we are set to destroy ourselves. Only through the wisdom of God, a true and just ruler, merciful, can mankind ever flourish to its intended heights.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Phil 2v10,11 states: "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father," which is a reference to Isaiah 45v23: " I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." (where it is Yahweh talking).

In the New Testament, the Greek word "kurios" is used to translate (via the Septuagint) the Covenant Name of God "Yahweh" in the Old Testament, so the Scripture "Jesus Christ is Lord" teaches that Jesus Christ is "Yahweh."

He is the Second Person of the Trinity, the Great Creator in Whom ALL things consist and hold together. Col 1v16,17.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
When we have in our minds Jesus without the Father and the Holy Spirit as God, we are creating a false God for God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Each part of God has a God function. The Father is the sort of master God, who gave the Son all power to share with Him. The Father gives us salvation because the Son paid for our sins, it is the Father's grace. The Holy Spirit guides us. Each can be called Lord, but we must know the Lord has three parts.