What does the Bible say about separation of church and state?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
That's exactly what I am talking about. In order to get those tax credits, churches involve government.
Having served as the Treasurer of my Church, I assure you we got no tax credits. A tax credit is a tax deduction one takes when they file their returns.

Churches don't file returns. In those seven years the Government was never involved in the activities of my Church.

Just saying...

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
The guarantee of freedom of religion bears witness to the separation of church and state allowing for any and all professed fiaths, even faith there is no god.

This interpretation kept the righteous and the unrighteous separated at peace for at least two hundred years. Now the interpretation of the Constitution has been perverted, and that right well.

I prefer the traditional interpretation which keeps it that way. Now the churches have more false brethren than ever because they believe God is voting with them...The nations, as prophesied, will come to Jesus, Yeshua, and all the banners will be His. Until that prophecy is fulfilled, no nation is truly God-fearing, otherwise tey would not attmpt to put words in His Mouth.
Thank you for sharing this. This is a good testimony about church and state.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Churches don't get tax advantages... individuals do. All citizens get tax credit 4 charitable giving.

Reason churches don't pay taxes us because of this concept of seperation.

Churches only get in trouble when Pastors include political ideology in their sermons.

Members can deduct Tithing from tax returns, but so can all citizens..
Actually in 2017, president Trump signed an Executive Order, (EO) known as the Religious Liberty Executive Order, in the Rose Garden of the White house that eased the ban on tax-exempt organizations such as churches engaging in political speech. (y):love:
Churches do get tax advantages when they are a 501(c)3 tax exempt entity.
Though it isn't necessary to file and request that from the IRS if a church does not wish to do so, they are still exempt as they would be under the 501(c)3 , without the oversight the IRS is then entitled to exercise due to the designation of religious tax exemption under IRS reg's.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
That isn't what they were talking about. Churches are exempt from paying taxes on tithes and offerings because of church n state. Pastors n other salary employees still pay taxes, but not churches.

Ergo, they do NOT get advantages such as deductions from tax owed. This is the subject being addressed

rily51jean

Apr 30, 2017
God established all principalities and powers under the sun, so, I suspect He is over State as well as the Church.

Separation of Church and State IS NOT in the U.S. Constitution btw....... The Constitution has the Establishment Clause which does not separate Church/Faith from State, rather, it prevents the State from establishing ONE CHURCH for all peoples. As was the case in England........... The Founding Fathers never intended to remove faith from those who Govern, or the influence of God/His Laws from the State. The majority of our Laws come from/heavily influenced by the Laws of God found in Scripture.
Hi, I have a booklet of the Constitution of the United States, where is the Establishment Clause, I can't find it in the index. Is it under one of the Articles?, or one of the Amendments?