What earth quacks, thunder and lightning actually are taking place

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 15, 2024
Victoria, Australia
And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. Matthew 28:2

51Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!” Matthew 27:51-54

And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Luke 10:18

28Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
29Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What earth quacks? There’s a meme in there somewhere… or is it a nene?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
There are many earths that quack, to answer the question. A few moo, some bark, but many quack.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I wuv gwaham quackers and miwk.

fizzyjoe

Oct 22, 2018
There are many earths that quack, to answer the question. A few moo, some bark, but many quack.
this thread has me quacking up, and all due to a small grammar mistake🤣👍
and remember if it quacks, swims but, doesn't fly it's a Penguin😁

fizzyjoe

Oct 22, 2018
Don't question the earth quacks.

Believe all quacks.

does that include quack doctors?
I mean I won't question the earth quacks but, I might question them😁😏

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You guys are quacking me up.

This thread is why women think guys never grow up. They are right of course, but my objection is to how easy we make the argument for them.

fizzyjoe

Oct 22, 2018
You guys are quacking me up.

This thread is why women think guys never grow up. They are right of course, but my objection is to how easily we make the argument for them.
I reckon that's how we stay young lol😁, no need for make up just make a silly argument like a silly kid like Peter Pan and stay young Forever or at least until we must get serious🤣👍

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
ok, seaweeously, though. Thunder does make me think of God's voice, and I love hearing it, even if, and mebbe even especially if, it sounds really scary, and that lightning typically accompanies thunder is a bonus. And, although I've only felt one 'earthquake,' it too 'stirred up' an awe within, and it was only a slight 'wave' that left me wondering 'Did I imagine that just now...what was that?' and only knew what it actually was after hearing the news of it, and everyone asking, "Did you feel that too!?"

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. Matthew 28:2

51Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!” Matthew 27:51-54

28Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
29Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

I have always found these verses very intriguing, I am not sure I understand them yet.

But I did look up if earthquakes and lightening occur together.

Interestingly enough there is a Wikipedia page on earthquake light.

An earthquake light also known as earthquake lightning or earthquake flash is a luminous optical phenomenon that appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity, or volcanic eruptions.[1] There is no broad consensus as to the causes of the phenomenon (or phenomena) involved. The phenomenon differs from disruptions to electrical grids – such as arcing power lines – which can produce bright flashes as a result of ground shaking or hazardous weather conditions.[2][3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_light

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

I also read this... :)

Appearances of the earthquake light seem to occur when the quakes have a high magnitude, generally 5 or higher on the Richter scale.[14] There have also been incidents of yellow, ball-shaped lights appearing before earthquakes.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_light#External_links

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

The day of atonement

“And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭8:5‬ ‭