What fun it would be to solve the puzzles found in Genesis 6!!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
I'm new here, but what puzzles would that be?

Quantrill

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29).

If God says it's a secret - nothing you can do will make it otherwise, but I don't believe that there are any hidden things in Genesis 6.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose" (Genesis 6:2).

I figure this is what you are referring to.

2 prevalent views.

1. Unholy angels in human form impregnated human women with disastrous results.
2. The children of Seth (the godly line) impregnated women from the ungodly line of Cain and took them as wives with disastrous results.

Well I lean towards #1 they both have disastrous results, in case I haven't mentioned that.

Dec 12, 2013
"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29).

If God says it's a secret - nothing you can do will make it otherwise, but I don't believe that there are any hidden things in Genesis 6.
Makes me think of an old preacher I knew....he claimed 2 things...

a. He believed he knew what Jesus wrote in the dirt when he stooped and wrote in the dirt in the account of the woman taken in adultry.

b. He believed he knew what the 7 thunders uttered in Revelation

Shakes head........!!

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

a. He believed he knew what Jesus wrote in the dirt when he stooped and wrote in the dirt in the account of the woman taken in adultry.
How about dates and times and the names of the men standing there that were accusing her? Always sounded good to me! Maybe they had even used the services of the woman themselves. Anyway, they all walked away and left the woman alone with Jesus Who told her to go . . . and sin no more.

But, if God wanted us to know, surely He would have told us.

Dec 12, 2013
How about dates and times and the names of the men standing there that were accusing her? Always sounded good to me! Maybe they had even used the services of the woman themselves. Anyway, they all walked away and left the woman alone with Jesus Who told her to go . . . and sin no more.

Jesus would not have partaken of their charade....what they were doing was breaking the law to begun with......Concerning the thunders I have always wondered why God chose to keep them secret.....in a book that reveals he keeps a secret......God is God and does as he pleases in the kingdom of men ;)

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Jesus would not have partaken of their charade....what they were doing was breaking the law to begun with......Concerning the thunders I have always wondered why God chose to keep them secret.....in a book that reveals he keeps a secret......God is God and does as he pleases in the kingdom of men ;)
Then there is the thirty minutes of silence in heaven. I can only figure that He had the women busy doing something so they were not talking.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

Love that verse.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose" (Genesis 6:2).

I figure this is what you are referring to.

2 prevalent views.

1. Unholy angels in human form impregnated human women with disastrous results.
2. The children of Seth (the godly line) impregnated women from the ungodly line of Cain and took them as wives with disastrous results.

Well I lean towards #1 they both have disastrous results, in case I haven't mentioned that.
Yeah but in Peter and Jude it leads us to believe 1, but in the accepting of two entities of different natures, dimensional or otherwise, causes a tilt, lol, of my brain, lol.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

b. He believed he knew what the 7 thunders uttered in Revelation

Shakes head........!!
It is mindboggling how one could not only "know" that which isn't shared but also do so with conviction to share their "knowing" forward.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

100% agreed, but no wait... on the other hand there is proverbs 25:2.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Goliath was a descendant of the Nephilim—the offspring of the “sons of God” breeding with human women. The Israelites failed to wipe out the Anakites—a subset of the Nephilim—in their conquest of the Promised Land, and so the Anakites survived in Gath and its surrounding cities, eventually becoming what we know as the Philistines.

Goliath was a Philistine warrior from Gath—a powerful symbol of Israel’s previous failures.

Rephaim (giants) appear in Deuteronomy 2:11; 3:11; 2 Samuel 21:19 and Joshua 11:22 and almost always take the form of one member of the Rephaim (Anaqim, Og, Goliath)

Daniel 2:43, “And as you saw iron mixed with muddy clay, they are mixing themselves with the seed of men, but they are not clinging to each other, even as iron does not mix with clay.”

Genesis 6:4, “The Nephilim (#H5303) were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of Elohim came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name.”

“Nephilim” is word #H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m., נְפִל nphil (nef-eel'), (properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant., [from H5307], KJV: giant, Root(s): H5307

Root word of “H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl” H5307 נָפַל naphal (naw-fal') v., to fall.

{in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or figurative), [a primitive root], KJV: be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for H6419), lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down, See also: H6419

“sons” is word #H1121 - ben: son, Original Word: בֵּן, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: ben, Phonetic Spelling: (bane), Short Definition: sons

“Elohim” is word #H430 - elohim: God, god, Original Word: אֱלֹהִים, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: elohim, Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem'), Short Definition: God

Now some say that the “sons of Elohim” were humans, however why would it even be stated that the “sons of Elohim came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them” Would it not say; sons of men came into daughters of men and bore children, and if that were so why would it even be mentioned? Also there is a clear difference between “of Elohim” and “of men”;

daughters of “men” is word #H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m., ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.)., [from H119], KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person, Root(s): H119

Jude 1:6-7, “And the messengers who did not keep their own principality, but left their own dwelling, He has kept in everlasting shackles under darkness for the judgment of the great day. Even as Seḏom and Amorah and the cities around them in a similar way to these, having given themselves over to whoring and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, undergoing judicial punishment of everlasting fire."

Job 1:6-7, “And the day came to be that the sons of Elohim came to present themselves before יהוה, and Satan also came among them. And יהוה said to Satan, “From where do you come?” And Satan answered יהוה and said, “From diligently searching in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.”

Job 38:4-7, “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding. Who set its measurements, if you know? Or who stretched the line upon it? Upon what were its foundations sunk? Or who laid its corner-stone, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of Elohim shouted for joy?”

If the ben ha Elohim (sons of Elohim) are humans how were they already there during creation? Humans were not created until the 6th day.

Genesis 6:1-7, “And it came to be, when men began to increase on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of Elohim saw the daughters of men, that they were good. And they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. And יהוה said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever in his going astray. He is flesh, and his days shall be one hundred and twenty years. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of Elohim came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name. And יהוה saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And יהוה was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. And יהוה said, “I am going to wipe off man whom I have created from the face of the ground, both man and beast, creeping creature and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Goliath was a descendant of the Nephilim—the offspring of the “sons of God” breeding with human women. The Israelites failed to wipe out the Anakites—a subset of the Nephilim—in their conquest of the Promised Land, and so the Anakites survived in Gath and its surrounding cities, eventually becoming what we know as the Philistines.

Goliath was a Philistine warrior from Gath—a powerful symbol of Israel’s previous failures.

Rephaim (giants) appear in Deuteronomy 2:11; 3:11; 2 Samuel 21:19 and Joshua 11:22 and almost always take the form of one member of the Rephaim (Anaqim, Og, Goliath)

Daniel 2:43, “And as you saw iron mixed with muddy clay, they are mixing themselves with the seed of men, but they are not clinging to each other, even as iron does not mix with clay.”

Genesis 6:4, “The Nephilim (#H5303) were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of Elohim came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name.”

“Nephilim” is word #H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m., נְפִל nphil (nef-eel'), (properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant., [from H5307], KJV: giant, Root(s): H5307

{in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or figurative), [a primitive root], KJV: be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for H6419), lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down, See also: H6419

“sons” is word #H1121 - ben: son, Original Word: בֵּן, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: ben, Phonetic Spelling: (bane), Short Definition: sons

“Elohim” is word #H430 - elohim: God, god, Original Word: אֱלֹהִים, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: elohim, Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem'), Short Definition: God

Now some say that the “sons of Elohim” were humans, however why would it even be stated that the “sons of Elohim came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them” Would it not say; sons of men came into daughters of men and bore children, and if that were so why would it even be mentioned? Also there is a clear difference between “of Elohim” and “of men”;

daughters of “men” is word #H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m., ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.)., [from H119], KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person, Root(s): H119

Jude 1:6-7, “And the messengers who did not keep their own principality, but left their own dwelling, He has kept in everlasting shackles under darkness for the judgment of the great day. Even as Seḏom and Amorah and the cities around them in a similar way to these, having given themselves over to whoring and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, undergoing judicial punishment of everlasting fire."

Job 1:6-7, “And the day came to be that the sons of Elohim came to present themselves before יהוה, and Satan also came among them. And יהוה said to Satan, “From where do you come?” And Satan answered יהוה and said, “From diligently searching in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.”

Job 38:4-7, “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding. Who set its measurements, if you know? Or who stretched the line upon it? Upon what were its foundations sunk? Or who laid its corner-stone, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of Elohim shouted for joy?”

If the ben ha Elohim (sons of Elohim) are humans how were they already there during creation? Humans were not created until the 6th day.

Genesis 6:1-7, “And it came to be, when men began to increase on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of Elohim saw the daughters of men, that they were good. And they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. And יהוה said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever in his going astray. He is flesh, and his days shall be one hundred and twenty years. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of Elohim came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name. And יהוה saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And יהוה was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. And יהוה said, “I am going to wipe off man whom I have created from the face of the ground, both man and beast, creeping creature and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
Thank you so much for taking the time. I walk away knowing a great deal more than I came here with, thank you.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time. I walk away knowing a great deal more than I came here with, thank you.
Thank you for asking the tough question and it was desire to know the trith and Yah leading I beleive, on a constant journey ever toward Him!

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Genesis 6:9-13, “This is the genealogy of Noaḥ. Noaḥ was a righteous man, perfect in his generations. Noaḥ walked with Elohim. And Noaḥ brought forth three sons: Shĕm, Ḥam, and Yapheth. And the earth was corrupt before Elohim, and the earth was filled with violence. And Elohim looked upon the earth and saw that it was corrupt – for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth and Elohim said to Noaḥ, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And see, I am going to destroy them from the earth.”

Numbers 13:28-29, “But the people who dwell in the land are strong, and the cities are walled, very great. And we saw the descendants of Anaq there too. The Amalĕqites dwell in the land of the South, while the Ḥittites and the Yeḇusites and the Amorites dwell in the mountains. And the Kena‛anites dwell by the sea and along the banks of the Yardĕn.”

Numbers 13:32-33, “And they gave the children of Yisra’yl a disturbing report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land eating up its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. And we saw there the Nephilim, (#H5303) sons of Anaq, (#H6061) of the Nephilim (#H5303). And we were like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and so we were in their eyes.”

#H5303 - Nephilim: "giants," name of two peoples, one before the flood and one after the flood, Original Word: נְפִילִים, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: Nephilim, Phonetic Spelling: (nef-eel'), Short Definition: Nephilim

6061 - Anaq: "neck," a Canaanite, Original Word: עֲנָק, Part of Speech: Proper Name Masculine, Transliteration: Anaq, Phonetic Spelling: (aw-nawk'), Short Definition: Anak

Ezekiyl 28:13-19, “You were in Ĕḏen, the garden of the Most High. Every precious stone was your covering: the ruby, topaz, and diamond, beryl, shoham, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald and gold. The workmanship of your settings and mountings was prepared for you on the day you were created. You were the anointed keruḇ that covered. And I placed you, you were on the set-apart mountain of Yah. You walked up and down in the midst of stones of fire. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you. By the greatness of your trade you became filled with violence within, and you sinned. So I thrust you from the mountain of Yah, and I destroyed you, O covering keruḇ, from the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was lifted up because of your loveliness, you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendour. I threw you to the earth, I laid you before sovereigns, to look at you. You profaned your set-apart places by your many crookednesses, by the unrighteousness of your trading. Therefore I brought forth fire from your midst. It has devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth before the eyes of all who see you. All who knew you among the peoples were astonished at you. Waste you shall be, and cease to be, forever.”

“You were the anointed keruḇ that covered”

“keruḇ” is word #H3742 כְּרוּב kruwb (ker-ooɓ') n-m., 1. a cherub. a created spiritual being having a various descriptions., 2. (apparently) a spiritual being created for a discrete purpose, thus differing from other cherubim in this manner., [of uncertain derivation], KJV: cherub, (plural) cherubims.

“You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you”

“unrighteousness” is word #H5766 עֶוֶל `evel (eh'-vel) n-e., עָוֶל `avel (aw'-vel)
(moral) evil., [from H5765], KJV: iniquity, perverseness, unjust(-ly), unrighteousness(-ly); wicked(-ness). , Root(s): H5765

“I threw you to the earth”

Revelation 12:7-9, “And there came to be fighting in the heaven: Miḵa’ĕl and his messengers fought against the dragon. And the dragon and his messengers fought, but they were not strong enough, nor was a place found for them in the heaven any longer. And the great dragon was thrown out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who leads all the world astray. He was thrown to the earth, and his messengers were thrown out with him."

We can clearly see YHWH threw satan out of the heavenly holy place and to earth. We can also see the word Nephilim comes from root word naphal and means to fall:

If these nephilim are not fallen malakim/angels why are they called offspring of the “sons of Elohim” and the root word of nephilim is naphal or to fall?

Isaiah 14:12-16, “How you have fallen from heaven, child of the light! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart; I will ascend above the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of YHWH. I will sit in the highest place on the holy mountain ofthe congregation. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High. Yet you will be brought down to Sheol; the grave, to the sides ofthe pit. Those who see you will stare at you, and they will talk about you, saying; Is this the one; the adversary, who shook the earth, and made kingdoms tremble?”

Ezekiyl 32:7-.9 "And when I will cast you out, I will cover the heaven, and make its stars dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not give her light. All the bright lights of heaven I will make dark over you, and set darkness upon your land, says Father YHWH: I will trouble the hearts of many people when I bring your destruction among the nations; into the countries which you have not known."

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Jude quotes from 1 Enoch. I believe only the first 36 chapters of 1 ENoch are inspired, as 1 Enoch is from 5 different scrolls and should be 5 different books. Also 2 and 3 Enoch are not inspired IMO.

Jude 1:6-7,, “And the messengers (angels) who did not keep their own principality, but left their own dwelling, He has kept in everlasting shackles under darkness for the judgment of the great day. Even as Seḏom and Amorah and the cities around them in a similar way to these, having given themselves over to whoring and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, undergoing judicial punishment of everlasting fire.”

Jude 1:14-15, “Ḥanoḵ (Enoch), the seventh from Aḏam, also prophesied of these, saying, “See, יהוה comes with His myriads of set-apart ones, to execute judgment on all, to punish all who are wicked among them concerning all their wicked works which they have committed in a wicked way, and concerning all the harsh words which wicked sinners have spoken against Him.”

1 Enoch 1:3-9, “And I [Enoch] took up with a parable (saying), “The God of the universe, the Holy Great One, will come forth from his dwelling. And from there he will march upon Mount Sinai and appear in his camp emerging from heaven with a mighty power. And everyone shall be afraid, and Watchers shall quiver. And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth. Mountains and high places will fall down and be frightened. And high hills shall be made low; and they shall melt like a honeycomb before the flame. And earth shall be rent asunder, and all that is upon the earth shall perish. And there shall be a judgment upon all, (including) the righteous. And to all the righteous he will grant peace. He will preserve the elect, and kindness shall be upon them. They shall all belong to God and they shall prosper and be blessed; and the light of God shall shine unto them. Behold, he will arrive with ten million [ten thousand times a thousand] of the holy ones in order to execute judgment upon all. He will destroy the wicked ones and censure all flesh on account of everything that they have done, that which the sinners and the wicked ones committed against him.”

Enoch 2:1-2 Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

Jude 1:14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Enoch 9:9-12 Thus has the whole earth been filled with blood and with iniquity. And now behold the souls of those who are dead, cry out. And complain even to the gate of heaven. Their groaning ascends; nor can they escape from the unrighteousness which is committed on earth. You know all things, before they exist.

Revelation 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?