What happen to the chat room 😕

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amberlynlover7

For some reason I am not able to go to the chat room on my mobile devices since Thursday:unsure: Could there be some techinal problem or are they making some new changes or update in the chat? TBH I don't really know what happened to the chat room all I know that I can't be in the chat room :rolleyes:

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Its probably just a temporary thing the mods wanted to try out :/

A

amberlynlover7

Its probably just a temporary thing the mods wanted to try out :/
So I'm guessing the mod has taken out the chat rooms for good or making some changes.

I guess it might take a long time too see it returns on the mobile devices even though it might be temporarily😐

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
If it returns i hope its for good.

A

amberlynlover7

If it returns i hope its for good.
I wouldn't be suprise if they actually decide to close the chat room for good seeing how some people actually have bad experience in the chat room. TBH I didn't really how some random wierd people were able to message other people online without the user permission.

If the chat room does returns I hope they add some new features or improvement in the chat room similar like Facebook. Where you can only allowed to make your chat private or public. Your friends are the one who can chat with u that listed in ur contact or maybe people can request to chat with u and have the option to click yes or no.

I think this would have been better option to either make some changes in the chatroom👍

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I wouldn't be suprise if they actually decide to close the chat room for good seeing how some people actually have bad experience in the chat room. TBH I didn't really how some random wierd people were able to message other people online without the user permission.

If the chat room does returns I hope they add some new features or improvement in the chat room similar like Facebook. Where you can only allowed to make your chat private or public. Your friends are the one who can chat with u that listed in ur contact or maybe people can request to chat with u and have the option to click yes or no.

I think this would have been better option to either make some changes in the chatroom👍
Yes, i agree.

A

amberlynlover7

But I doubt it will come back.
Oh well... The chatroom was fun until it lasted. R.I.P. Christian-Chat Room from March 28, 2019 The christian chat room is officially dead :cry:

A

amberlynlover7

Gosh I thought it was just me not being able to see it
Me too I thought the same way as you I thought I was the only person who wasnt able too see or go to the chat room. At first I thought someone has reported me or possibly kick me out in the chat room.

The last time I ever saw that chat room was earlier in the morning this Thursday I was chatting with someone. Before logging out I notice that blue icon message disappear and I wasn't able to click on the icon that from the christian chat room.

I already message Robo about it and still haven't received any message from him. So I'm guessing the chat room is officially dead if we haven't received any news from the mod about the chat room.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Gals, the chat app is still fully functional. the only thing that has changed is the little chat add on to the forums that everyone complained about is gone.

A

amberlynlover7

It official R.I.P.
Gals, the chat app is still fully functional. the only thing that has changed is the little chat add on to the forums that everyone complained about is gone.
Sorry I was actually talking about the one on the website the forum one where it has the small blue icon message. Not the christian app one which I don't use.

BTW Is the small message that are in the forum of the website officially dead or are you guys adding more features to it?

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
GREAT! Now about that there "sharing banner", that partially blocks the left margin of my monitor? :)

G

Godsgirl83

hmmm, seeing how I just joined yesterday I don't really know much about this site or its operations. I don't use phone apps and I'm online through a public computer so I cannot add extensions to the device itself. What I have seen other than the phone app is the windows or Mac link. Neither is recognized on this device, even if i could add it the device I use supports chrome and the chrome store doesn't have anything for this site. Is there something I'm missing here? I'd love to get in a room and actually chat. It would mean not having to post forums all the time and I could meet more people.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
hmmm, seeing how I just joined yesterday I don't really know much about this site or its operations. I don't use phone apps and I'm online through a public computer so I cannot add extensions to the device itself. What I have seen other than the phone app is the windows or Mac link. Neither is recognized on this device, even if i could add it the device I use supports chrome and the chrome store doesn't have anything for this site. Is there something I'm missing here? I'd love to get in a room and actually chat. It would mean not having to post forums all the time and I could meet more people.
Just the options you've mentioned are all that's available. Even iPhones are not yet supported.
The chats are pretty iffy anyways. And not always easy to meet people, especially if you don't have a mic and speakers to use voice chat with.

Shellz40

Sep 16, 2014
Me too I thought the same way as you I thought I was the only person who wasnt able too see or go to the chat room. At first I thought someone has reported me or possibly kick me out in the chat room.

The last time I ever saw that chat room was earlier in the morning this Thursday I was chatting with someone. Before logging out I notice that blue icon message disappear and I wasn't able to click on the icon that from the christian chat room.

I already message Robo about it and still haven't received any message from him. So I'm guessing the chat room is officially dead if we haven't received any news from the mod about the chat room.

Shellz40

Sep 16, 2014
Was on it today - and now I'm experiencing the same thing you are. Not sure what's going on. I just messaged Robo though. That's interesting because the post seems old right now. Have you had any luck getting back on?