What happened to blue and pink names?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The names of members used to be blue or pink based on the gender designation in their profile. They are all blue now. What happened? Why did it change?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Christian Chat was moved onto a new platform on May 28th of 2018,
and the gender color coded names went bye-bye with the old platform.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I remember when they had national flags under peoples names. I liked that.. Sad the new software does not have the color features and the flags.. I guess the programmers where under the the control of a human resources internationalist femnazi on a power trip..

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I remember when they had national flags under peoples names. I liked that.. Sad the new software does not have the color features and the flags.. I guess the programmers where under the the control of a human resources internationalist femnazi on a power trip..
Channeling my inner Millennial, I guess we're all now part of the global community and we won't have gender constructs imposed on us by any authority.....excuse me while I go and empty the contents of my stomach.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Channeling my inner Millennial, I guess we're all now part of the global community and we won't have gender constructs imposed on us by any authority.....excuse me while I go and empty the contents of my stomach.
You would think that they would make it so that you could choose "what you wanted to be"...

:rolleyes:

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
You would think that they would make it so that you could choose "what you wanted to be"...

:rolleyes:
In which case, they need to add a third color for the gender-confused...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Must be people are too lazy to check a member's profile before they refer to them as brother or sister.. :rolleyes:

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Must be people are too lazy to check a member's profile before they refer to them as brother or sister.. :rolleyes:
Now we have to use the gender neutral term "sibling" or the thought police will come after us.

Seriously, in Canada a law was passed within the past year or so that requires people to use requested pronouns for people with gender identity issues. For example, someone who doesn't identify as either male or female can insist on their possessions being referred to as "zare" instead of his or hers. As in: "That's zare books on the table". Failure to comply with a person's requested pronoun use could result in a human rights complaint.

S

Susanna

Now we have to use the gender neutral term "sibling" or the thought police will come after us.

Seriously, in Canada a law was passed within the past year or so that requires people to use requested pronouns for people with gender identity issues. For example, someone who doesn't identify as either male or female can insist on their possessions being referred to as "zare" instead of his or hers. As in: "That's zare books on the table". Failure to comply with a person's requested pronoun use could result in a human rights complaint.
Why “zare”? It’s not logical. How do you even pronounce it? Is it like the Tsar of Russia. Or is it some splinter of “their”?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why “zare”? It’s not logical. How do you even pronounce it? Is it like the Tsar of Russia. Or is it some splinter of “their”?
Vee don't speak like zis :oops::censored::giggle:

With an "e" on the end, surely it is a long "A" sound... eh? Unless they want to break the phonetics' rules also ;)

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
S

Susanna

Vee don't speak like zis :oops::censored::giggle:

With an "e" on the end, surely it is a long "A" sound... eh? Unless they want to break the phonetics' rules also ;)
“Eh” is archetypical Canadien right?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Uhh. It's been this way over a year now. Ever since the change in platforms. Different platform, different options.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
After the program change we get to do our own gender reveals....unless you look at the profile and sometimes those are private and then you just get to guess or be surprised when you find out...lol

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Sometimes you can tell a poster's gender by his/her writing style and/or what he/she posts about.......... :cool:

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Well if that's the way i is going to be i will be requesting that my pronoun is going to be ""Oh Awesome Great One"" So when people refer to me they will have to say, hello Oh Awesome Great One Adstar.. :giggle: and if they fail to refer to me in that preferred way i will take them to court and take them for all they've Got $$$$ :mad: :D:giggle:

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Or a male who identifies as 'gender-neutral'😁

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I just guess what gender people are I didnt even know you could look them up. I do assume all the posters in the ladies forum are female....

Sometimes i do get things wrong, even in real life when the person is right in front of me, but thats only if I meet them the first time. I quickly apologise if Im wrong. I dont insist like some people do that just cos your hair is short that you are male or if its long you are female.