what happens when holy spirit comes upon you ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Acts 2:3-4

King James Version

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Exactly my point. Look at what happened!
When the Holy Spirit is manifested, He doesn't show up to be looked at. He performs wonders for the glory of God.

J

joecoten

"You are the living God and You endure forever
Your kingdom will not be destroyed, Your dominion will never end
You rescue and You save, You perform sighs and wonders
In the heavens and on the earth!' - Daniel 4

"And they went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked through them, confirming His word by the signs that accompanied it."
- Mark 16:20

“I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed." - Malachi 3:6

If you want to let fear control you...that's on you.

"His kingdom is an eternal dominion
His kingdom endures from generation to generation
All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing
He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven." - Daniel 4

If you want to speak against what the Lord God did with me, that's your prerogative.
You are calling me a liar...I forgive you.

Re: Edify

J

joecoten

Let me say it for you...drugs, demons, dementia. smh

J

joecoten

Edify...my mistake. Post #43 should've been directed at Iconoclast. Thanks for the correction. :)

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
"You are the living God and You endure forever
Your kingdom will not be destroyed, Your dominion will never end
You rescue and You save, You perform sighs and wonders
In the heavens and on the earth!' - Daniel 4

"And they went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked through them, confirming His word by the signs that accompanied it."
- Mark 16:20

“I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed." - Malachi 3:6

If you want to let fear control you...that's on you.

"His kingdom is an eternal dominion
His kingdom endures from generation to generation
All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing
He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven." - Daniel 4

If you want to speak against what the Lord God did with me, that's your prerogative.
You are calling me a liar...I forgive you.

Re: Edify
Making up stories is not edifying, it is a falsehood, a lie.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Accusing me of lying when I'm telling the truth is called slander.
Not one of those things you mentioned took place in reality.
What happened in your imagination is another story

siddhikoli

Jun 18, 2022
navi mumbai
I have cerebral palsy since birth so I am sad (depression) because the Holy Spirit appeared to me

And When I had to go to the hospital.

That is to say in car I saw him in left side of wing mirror of car.I saw the Holy Spirit flying as a golden dove.

I don't know what my Christian denomination is, I know very little about Christianity, I was a Hindu but I love Christianity so much that I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, I can't read half the English Bible. I can only read the Marathi Bible. I can't go to church.
If there is a church
The problem is who will pick me up and
I am now more passionate about Christianity and love Jesus more and
I went to one church
I went to Tabor Ashram to get cured but I didn't get heal so I can't walk
Church Address Kamba, Village, Varap, P.O, Kalyan West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 421301
And
I know and believe that Jesus the son of God healed them but why am I not healed, some church is a hypocrite, who will pick me up and take me and I want salvation so I am sad and depressed.There is good news why the Holy Spirit appeared, He has something to tell me.

Feb 21, 2016
When I repented and prayed for the Holy Spirit my eyes were closed and I saw a dirty brown garment.From the top a line came down and as it passed over the garment,it became sparkling white.At the same time I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders.Which was satan trying to hold me in bondage.He was holding my sins down with his hands.I know this because it happen once before and God told me what that weight feeling was.
Another thing that happen was I felt my heart move like inward in a different place and my heartbeat was softer since.The vision of the garment only lasted for a second.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I saw the Holy Spirit flying as a golden dove

I was in the car I saw him in left side of wing mirror of car.:)
Matthew 3:16-17

King James Version

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Acts 1:8

King James Version

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

John 16:13

King James Version

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Acts 2:3-4

King James Version

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
did you ever notice that when the y received tongues there was a bunch of people who recognized thier native tongues being spoken ?

“And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.( see genesis 6:5)

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭11:1, 6-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And then the gospel

“And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilæans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judæa, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:4-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

tongues has a purpose it’s part of the gift given to those called to witness the gospel to all creatures

to do this

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Then you need the gift of tongues to speak and make sense to them even though they speak a different language. It’s a practical gift given to some

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Seen Him no don't have to.. I can't find that written. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances., Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?, Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

There are many more verses on this. So based on the word I would never think I was seeing the sweet holy Spirit for He never does anything that points to Him only Christ and the Father. That being said :) does not mean what you saw was not of God.

Feb 21, 2016
When I repented and prayed for the Holy Spirit my eyes were closed and I saw a dirty brown garment.From the top a line came down and as it passed over the garment,it became sparkling white.At the same time I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders.Which was satan trying to hold me in bondage.He was holding my sins down with his hands.I know this because it happen once before and God told me what that weight feeling was.
Another thing that happen was I felt my heart move like inward in a different place and my heartbeat was softer since.The vision of the garment only lasted for a second.
This is satans version of laying of hands.He's placing his hands on you holding you captive to sin.When the time of the Two Witnesses come and they give their testimony and people are set free they're literally going to stand up with their hands up in the air in victory,fists balled up ,and they'll be shouting,Praising the Lord and everyone there will praise him as well.His Spirit will be on all of us who are there.Starting with the 144,000.The double anointing will be on us.It's a anointing of the water and the blood.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
When your explanation starts with, "Well, people say that....."

Might need to see a man about psychotropic medications.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Didn't God picture the gospel to Adam and Eve when He made clothing for them?
No, for had they received the Gospel they would have repented and mankind would no longer have need to be saved.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
There are different works of the Holy Spirit.

In the OT He was empowering the Israel kings as a position under God. Not every king was actually converted .. saved... but had the Holy Spirit blessing their position.

In the NT the Holy Spirit came 'upon' 'in the midst' and 'indwelt'

Upon.. didn't mean indwelling.. in the midst didn't always mean upon.

Jesus is 'in the midst ' of each of His churches as the Comforter. This isn't indwelling.

The Holy Spirit came upon the disciples in Acts... they were indwelt separately before this.

Why? Because they were a church with Jesus as the Head before Pentecost.

So... the Holy Spirit Has different roles in dealing with people and coming 'upon' an individual is not necessarily being saved

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No, for had they received the Gospel they would have repented and mankind would no longer have need to be saved.
What, then, was the purpose of the animal being sacrificed to cover them? Why not just leave them in the covering they made for themselves?