What if Adam and Eve ate the tree of life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amberlynlover7

What if Adam and Eve ate the tree of life? Will all the human beings in this world will be living in the garden of Eden? Also will the serpent forever be in the garden of Eden and cause harm on human beings?

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
What if Adam and Eve ate the tree of life? Will all the human beings in this world will be living in the garden of Eden? Also will the serpent forever be in the garden of Eden and cause harm on human beings?
That's kind of like asking, "How would the prince have found Cinderella if she hadn't lost a glass slipper in her haste to leave the ballroom?"

The parable of the Garden of Eden is written in the way it is written to teach us some important spiritual truths about man's relationship to God. If it was written differently, it wouldn't make sense in teaching those principles.

A

amberlynlover7

That's kind of like asking, "How would the prince have found Cinderella if she hadn't lost a glass slipper in her haste to leave the ballroom?"

The parable of the Garden of Eden is written in the way it is written to teach us some important spiritual truths about man's relationship to God. If it was written differently, it wouldn't make sense in teaching those principles.
Wait the Garden Of Eden is parable? I thought It was actually literally taking seriously. I'm actually curious would life be differently. Were all human didn't have to die. Instead live enteral.

Dec 9, 2011
If they had eaten of the tree of life they would have lived forever for the flesh and that would be horrible.
Before they sinned they would not have a desire to eat from the tree of life,GOD HIMSELF IS LIFE.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Genesis 3
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Dec 12, 2013
Wait the Garden Of Eden is parable? I thought It was actually literally taking seriously. I'm actually curious would life be differently. Were all human didn't have to die. Instead live enteral.
It wasn't a parable and that is just nonsense......and I will add....they had right to every tree in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.....

Apr 15, 2017
God told them that they could not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and the tree was in the garden because He gave them a choice.

He did not say they could not eat of the tree of life, which it would be alright before they sinned for they were an innocent nature in flesh.

When they sinned and was ousted from the garden God protected the tree of life so they would not eat of it and live forever.

Why did God protect the tree of life so they would not eat of it after they sinned if they did not eat of it before, for why would they be so interested in it now.

Because they must of ate of the tree of life before, and knew what the tree of life represented, and they wanted to eat of it to reverse what happened to them from eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

God protected the tree of life for if they ate of it after they sinned they would of stayed in that condition forever, and then salvation could not happen.

It would of never entered Adam and Eve's mind to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil if an outside source did not tempt them, so God allowed Satan to tempt Eve and she said that they could not eat of the tree for that is all she knew, and could think, so Satan tempted Eve by saying if they ate of the tree they would have an elevated position to be as gods, and possibly God could not go against them for disobeying Him in their elevated position, and Eve sinned, and then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him she did not die, and he sinned.

That is the trick of the devil to try to tempt people to think more highly of themselves than they are for then it takes away from the glory of God.

And that is the trick of the devil concerning the new age movement for it is of seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils, that says they can evolve to be greater, and spiritual, not accepting a personal God, that will cause the world to rebel against God in the future.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The curse has been reversed. :) Now Adam and Eve (mankind in Christ Jesus) may eat of the tree of life and live forever. The Voice of the Lord has returned to the garden of our hearts. And we can walk with Him in the cool of the night, or the heat of the day. Understand?

Tree of life- Jesus
Eat- His body, blood, communion
Voice- our hearing in our spirit- revelation
Walk- in Spirit

Garden of our heart.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The curse has been reversed. :) Now Adam and Eve (mankind in Christ Jesus) may eat of the tree of life and live forever. The Voice of the Lord has returned to the garden of our hearts. And we can walk with Him in the cool of the night, or the heat of the day. Understand?
Exactly.

Dec 9, 2011
Also will the serpent forever be in the garden of Eden and cause harm on human beings?
In my Opinion the damage from the serpent Is a done deal For man and made man’s flesh weak although his spirit Is willing for man delights In the law of GOD after the Inward man but he will always see another law warring against the law of his mind and he will be brought Into captivity to the law of sin or let’s say he will always give In to his flesh.

Dec 9, 2011
GOD built Into every soul enough five sense knowledge to know just by looking at the things In nature and know that that just didn’t just get there on Its own.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Something that sticks out to me is, after God forms judgement on them, Adam names his wife Eve because she would become the mother of all living.

The words life and living are very similar.

Dec 9, 2011
Something that sticks out to me is, after God forms judgement on them, Adam names his wife Eve because she would become the mother of all living.

The words life and living are very similar.
🙁🙂What In your own expressive words Is YOUR understanding of why eve was the mother of all living,I would sure like to know the Interpretation given on this?

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, it's a parable. We know how mankind developed on this Earth, and it wasn't suddenly, in a place called the Garden of Eden, which is no longer accessible to humans. Humanity developed over hundreds of thousands of years, first in Africa, and then spreading into Asia and Europe. Besides, Genesis 1 has mankind created after the other animals, while Genesis 2 has mankind being created before the other animals, so we know they can't both be intended as historical accounts.

Once you get past the idea of the Garden of Eden as a historical account, then you have to think about what it is that this parable teaches us about the relationship between man and God at our most fundamental level, and I believe it to be teaching us about how "original sin" separated us from God by our very nature, and what "original sin" is in the first place.

Central to understanding this relationship is the recognition that hate is not the opposite of love--even God hates. The opposite of love is selfishness. The more you act in selfishness, the less you can act in love, and the more you act in love, the less you can act in selfishness, until the greatest love of all becomes giving oneself up completely for another, while the love of money (selfishness) is the root of all evil.

Love and selfishness are mutually exclusive, and it is man's selfish nature that fundamentally separates him from God's nature of love. This was the temptation in the Garden--the selfish desire to be our own gods--and selfishness is the "original sin" that has us all in need of reconciliation with God. We STILL want to be our own gods through the illusion of free will. So many Christians are willing to assert that God is in control of everything--but then turn around in selfish pride and add, "except ME!"

Now, understand that our selfish nature is not a "flaw" per se, any more than a caterpillar is a flawed butterfly. God didn't "mess up" by creating us with a selfish human nature that separates us from Him. We NEED our selfish nature to live in this physical world--selfishness motivates us and equips us as a species for survival in this physical world--but our selfish nature is also incompatible with God's nature, and we cannot enter into God's presence in our own selfish nature. So we must crucify our old nature with Christ, so to speak, and take on the mind of Christ, the nature of Christ, to enter into the presence of God.

This is why the veil in the temple was torn at the moment that Christ died for us--we were no longer excluded from the Holy of Holies, from the presence of God, by our selfish nature, by original sin, because Jesus had bridged the gap for us and given us a way back into the presence of God, despite our own nature. We were grafted back into the divine nature by God taking on human nature and defeating it for us.

So that's what the Garden of Eden parable is really about--it's about how our selfish human nature tempts us to be our own gods and separates us from God's nature of love, leaving us in need of Jesus' sacrifice in order to be redeemed back into the presence of God's spiritual nature when the physical need for our fleshly nature is over.

All the Law is contained in the commandments to love God and to love each other--and we can't do that on our own, as human beings with a nature of selfishness that is diametrically opposed to God's nature of love. The Garden of Eden parable explains this fundamental separation, and sets the stage for Jesus' sacrifice to come.

Dec 9, 2017
To eat from the tree of life means to live by the word of God in faith. Adam and Eve did this for a while but because they allowed their fleshly nature, the serpent, to take over, they decided they could do it on their own, eating, living by their own knowledge of good and evil. Before long they realized they had made a huge mistake as we see they tried to teach their two sons to worship God through belief and sacrifice to Him. If we are living by faith in God we are Spiritually in Gods garden of Eden but as long as we have a fleshly nature, it will try to cause us harm. At death this fleshly nature is permanently done away with and at the resurrection we will receive an incorruptible body that is no longer plagued by a fleshly nature. So, no, the serpant will not try to cause us harm forever.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is no need to play the "what if" game, since Jesus is the True Vine (Tree of Life), and He was purposed from before the foundation of the world to give His life as a ransom for many, those who would believe by grace through faith in His shed blood on our behalf due to His great and everlasting love for us, that we may be reconciled God and attain to eternal life. In other words, God already knew what choice Adam and Eve would make for themselves (and humanity). He is omniscient, after all :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Psa 119:169 TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.

Psa 119:170 Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.

Psa 119:171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Psa 119:173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.

Psa 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

Psa 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.

Psa 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Psa 119:169 TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.

Psa 119:170 Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.

Psa 119:171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Psa 119:173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.

Psa 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

Psa 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.

Psa 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments
I'm curious if this was supposed to have something to do with the topic of the thread, or if it is just an unrelated drive-by scripture citation.

If it's the former, I'm probably not the only one who would appreciate some words of explanation, and if it's the latter, I'm sorry I gave it any attention.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
God told Adam and Eve they could eat from the tree of life.. There was only one tree that they where forbidden to eat from,, The tree of the knowledge of good and evil..

It was only after they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that they where thrown out of the garden and lost access to the tree of life..

The serpent who was satan was not locked into the garden..

Satan will be cast into the eternal lake of fire on the day of judgement.. That will be the end of the harm he has done to humanity..