What if Daniel did have a gap between the 69th and 70th weeks?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 17, 2020
Not yet.

You will never understand as long as you think Jesus was crucified in the middle of the 70th week.

Not by that name, but he is mentioned.

NOBODY except you is saying Jesus is antichrist.

Another strawman. Stop it.
It's all there and you say Jesus failed. And then change him into Antichrist. Where do you end? Rejecting Christ and returning to Judaism and it's animal sacrifices. Rejecting his shed blood for sin in a third temple.

Washed

Mar 27, 2020
It's all there and you say Jesus failed.
Another lie. Stop it.

And then change him into Antichrist.
Another lie. Stop it.

[quoteWhere do you end? Rejecting Christ and returning to Judaism and it's animal sacrifices. Rejecting his shed blood for sin in a third temple.[/QUOTE]
I do not reject Christ. The Bible says there will be a 3rd and 4th Temple. One day you'll see.

Jan 17, 2020
Another lie. Stop it.

Another lie. Stop it.

[quoteWhere do you end? Rejecting Christ and returning to Judaism and it's animal sacrifices. Rejecting his shed blood for sin in a third temple.
I do not reject Christ. The Bible says there will be a 3rd and 4th Temple. One day you'll see.[/QUOTE]
You reject Christ and return to Judaism, in the end, calling for a third temple and animal sacrifices.

Jan 17, 2020
Another lie. Stop it.

I will not be returning to Judaism. I am a Christian, not a Jew, and not a "spiritual Jew".

Your tune will change when you see it.
If you return to Judaism and animal sacrifices, you reject Christ even now. And this is where you end up on the far side of the gap.

Washed

Mar 27, 2020
If you return to Judaism and animal sacrifices
Read what I wrote. I am not returning to Judaism.

you reject Christ even now.
Another lie. Stop it.

And this is where you end up on the far side of the gap.
The gap IS Christianity, this current administration of grace. Daniel's 70th week is still future.

Jan 17, 2020
Read what I wrote. I am not returning to Judaism.

Another lie. Stop it.

The gap IS Christianity, this current administration of grace. Daniel's 70th week is still future.
You end up with a rejection of Christ. Judaism and not Christianity. And animal sacrifices and a rejection of Christ's blood. If there is a gap.

Washed

Mar 27, 2020
You end up with a rejection of Christ. Judaism and not Christianity. And animal sacrifices and a rejection of Christ's blood. If there is a gap.
One day you'll be delivered.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
If the 70th week is yet future, why were the Magi looking for the Messiah 2k years ago?
According to the Gospels and secular history a lot of people were looking for the Messiah before Jesus' birth so why would it be so strange that the Magi were looking for him. Apart from the supernatural aspect of the details ie a star wandering around the
sky the Magi were probably Zoroastrian Priests from Parthia steeped in Astronomy and with some knowledge of OT Prophecy.

Messiah means anointed one. In the OT Hebrew kings were called Messiahs. They were anointed with oil at the start of their reign The oil represented the Holy Spirit. Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit at the start of his ministry He didn't have to wait
2000 years to become the Messiah. When Herod asked where the King of the Jews (Messiah) was to be born his advisers knew very
well it was in Bethlehem because the Old Testament said it was.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
For the record, I believe Preterism, whether full or partial, and a-millennialism are crazy.

But neither side should condemn the other to hell for their end-times beliefs. People are not saved based on whether their eschatology is right or not.
Thank you brother, so much.

I agree, after a reread of the comment you responded to, as usual, I realized I didn't go far enough in making my point and saying how knowing others hold a different view on this particular topic does not make me "other" them, or draw an "us/you" line in the sand over it. To be honest personally, I've seen the vast majority of indignation come from that side this way, now again "I" don't speak to enough of a sample size for that to mean anything at all, but honestly I only see hostility flowing overwhelmingly from one direction in this debate. It makes people mad in my experience, and whats even more scary to me it the seeming lack of TRUTH seeking no matter where it lands you. People have literally told me "I've studied this for 30 years and you CAN'T change my mind!!!" Really. Then act as if their moral superiority excuses them from even discussing it with the likes of low scum like me. There are WAY to many instances where people just run from these hard questions I ask about the "3rd temple", they just say "you're mean and I won't talk to you for attacking me", when if you go back and read the conversation you see how I went out of my way to keep things from sounding like an attack with stuff like, "I understand your view here and why you hold it but....", and "I know I'm shooting strait, but please don't read any of this as me being ugly", and stuff like this because I understand how touch this subject is.

Anyway all that to explain a bit deeper to you how much I appreciate your comment. I know it's simple and strait forward, but Jesus used this today for me, it honestly teared me up because I don't get this much here and I just feel the same way. I honestly love you brother and if there is anything I can ever do for you please ask. I'm in the Florida panhandle if there's something you need I can get to fast.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Yet here you and Dave are condemning us as preaching a different gospel.

Now that you have brutally attacked a group of people. Do you have any scripture to back your accusations. Or better yet. I did a quote of Daniel 9 earlier and showed how there is a gap

Are you just going to ignore it. Or will you show myself and this op where I was wrong? Since according to you I have "said the most crazy thing you have ever heard, Have somehow condemned you, And have you burning in a heritical ehll because you do not agree wiht the a rapture. And have a deceptive view that Jesus is not king right now.

which has NOTHING to do with Dan 9??
You didn't call names, but the people on your side did, DC by far the worst offender, jumps strait into the conversation calling people ignorant who don't believe like him, so you, by far aren't the worse one I'm speaking of about name calling, but you did pull the "you're attacking me, so I won't talk to you", excuse to run and hide from the truth about a 3rd temple that was facing you down. Like you said I was talking about a whole group of people at the same time, right? You say you stand on this pre trib stuff, but have to run and hide from some questions?
Should be a huge red flag for what you're claiming.

I have to be honest I don't ever remember arguing about the time gap at all with anyone ever. Please refresh my memory and point me to where I did, if I did. With you I was always on the "3rd temple dilemma", and still am because you DID NOT answer that at all. You ran from it crying I was mean when I wasn't. Got an answer now? I'd still love to hear it since you want to come bow up at me. Answer my question, not accuse me of avoiding you explanation about a subject I've NEVER debated in detail at all here, that I can remember. If I'm wrong then I will apologize and then go set a Doctors appointment to see why I can't remember some things. Also point out this time gap in Jesus words here "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. "
Take your time.

L

Locoponydirtman

There is no gap. At the end of the 69th week is the crucification, and the 70th week begins then at the resurrection.

E

eternally-gratefull

You didn't call names, but the people on your side did, DC by far the worst offender, jumps strait into the conversation calling people ignorant who don't believe like him, so you, by far aren't the worse one I'm speaking of about name calling, but you did pull the "you're attacking me, so I won't talk to you", excuse to run and hide from the truth about a 3rd temple that was facing you down. Like you said I was talking about a whole group of people at the same time, right? You say you stand on this pre trib stuff, but have to run and hide from some questions?
Should be a huge red flag for what you're claiming.

I have to be honest I don't ever remember arguing about the time gap at all with anyone ever. Please refresh my memory and point me to where I did, if I did. With you I was always on the "3rd temple dilemma", and still am because you DID NOT answer that at all. You ran from it crying I was mean when I wasn't. Got an answer now? I'd still love to hear it since you want to come bow up at me. Answer my question, not accuse me of avoiding you explanation about a subject I've NEVER debated in detail at all here, that I can remember. If I'm wrong then I will apologize and then go set a Doctors appointment to see why I can't remember some things. Also point out this time gap in Jesus words here "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. "
Take your time.
1. You said I was deceived
2 you have said I stand on nothing
but that’s ok?
if anyone is calling you names they are wrong I have stated that numerous times. 2 wrongs do not make a right do they?

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Yet here you and Dave are condemning us as preaching a different gospel.

Now that you have brutally attacked a group of people. Do you have any scripture to back your accusations. Or better yet. I did a quote of Daniel 9 earlier and showed how there is a gap

Are you just going to ignore it. Or will you show myself and this op where I was wrong? Since according to you I have "said the most crazy thing you have ever heard, Have somehow condemned you, And have you burning in a heritical ehll because you do not agree wiht the a rapture. And have a deceptive view that Jesus is not king right now.

which has NOTHING to do with Dan 9??
One last thing because you are an accuser, please you said. "Yet here you and Dave are condemning us as preaching a different gospel"

Okay here and now with no distractions. Please show me where I have ever condemned you for preaching a false gospel. You just said "ME" and Dave did this. I'm calling you out right now. I'll not call you a liar, but you're sadly mistaken here and I want you to admit it or show me where I ever say that. If I need to take you back to where you ran from the 3rd temple question I can right now, but if you can't show me where I did what you're accusing me of, then admit you're wrong at least. (something I've never seen you do in humility)

E

eternally-gratefull

One last thing because you are an accuser, please you said. "Yet here you and Dave are condemning us as preaching a different gospel"

Okay here and now with no distractions. Please show me where I have ever condemned you for preaching a false gospel. You just said "ME" and Dave did this. I'm calling you out right now. I'll not call you a liar, but you're sadly mistaken here and I want you to admit it or show me where I ever say that. If I need to take you back to where you ran from the 3rd temple question I can right now, but if you can't show me where I did what you're accusing me of, then admit you're wrong at least. (something I've never seen you do in humility)
again

3. You are agreeing with a person who has openly states we do not believe in the atoning sacrifice of Christ. Thuss in essence, we are lost.

So how else should I understand you?

If you do not believe I am lost. then forgive me, I mispoke

But can you please respond to your attack which was uncalled for about my belief standing on nthing, and how decieved I am? and how. If salvation is not in question, it even matters?

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
but that’s ok?
if anyone is calling you names they are wrong I have stated that numerous times. 2 wrongs do not make a right do they?
Saying you're deceived isn't the nicest way to word it, but is that condemning you for preaching a different gospel? Let me get that for you, NOPE! Are you that fragile that in a conversation between two men, one saying "you're deceived" in a debate where one of us has to be deceived, stating this really hurts your feelings to the point you can't even carry on the conversation? I honestly don't think it was my "attacks" you ran from. This stuff I'm saying makes sense, and please know right now that I do not agree with the way DaveL handles himself here sometimes, and I've always liked you, but this has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

When I asked you, "where do you think the AoD will take place?", and "is scripture "closed" or does God still speak to us in that way?" You did not plant your feet and stand on what you believe, you called me too mean to talk to and side stepped the questions never to revisit them.

These are VITAL question, and since I started asking these questions here on CC, for the first time in my life people are not standing on a "future 3rd temple", all of a sudden it's "maybe it means this, and it could mean our bodies are the temples now,,and... bla,bla,bla." So when I say you have nothing to stand on, what I'm saying is that you won't clearly state exactly what you believe, and stand on it. It's like you don't want to have it picked apart the same way you guys do this view. We should lay ALL of them on the table, we're seeking truth, not to be right. This was what I meant, and I will pay you the respect that when asked a question I WILL stand on my view and answer to the best of my knowledge, or I start researching it every time, and know I hold the less popular view that even seems to sometimes enrage people (no talking about you), and have even people I would have called friend reject me with curses. But I'm on a rock brother, His rock and I can not deny Him, I know you understand, and please know this is not saying you aren't, I know you're doing the same thing, but from what I've experienced through our conversations is you're actually a little closed minded, and you're so certain that YOU are right, that you don't even hear out an opposing view. I just don't think that's wise, but again who am I.

I don't know, man, after typing all this I don't even want this to be a "clash" thing anymore. I'm sorry for all the things I said to offend you. Seriously. I'd love to honestly talk about this subject with you more here, or in private, but if we do just know that I'm only speaking about the subject matter, and will do so with a much lighter tone, and less defensively. All this crap aside, I love you brother and I'm sorry for throwing my character flaws at you. I honestly pray you and your whole family have a blessed day growing closer to our King. Amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

Saying you're deceived isn't the nicest way to word it, but is that condemning you for preaching a different gospel? Let me get that for you, NOPE! Are you that fragile that in a conversation between two men, one saying "you're deceived" in a debate where one of us has to be deceived, stating this really hurts your feelings to the point you can't even carry on the conversation? I honestly don't think it was my "attacks" you ran from. This stuff I'm saying makes sense, and please know right now that I do not agree with the way DaveL handles himself here sometimes, and I've always liked you, but this has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

When I asked you, "where do you think the AoD will take place?", and "is scripture "closed" or does God still speak to us in that way?" You did not plant your feet and stand on what you believe, you called me too mean to talk to and side stepped the questions never to revisit them.

These are VITAL question, and since I started asking these questions here on CC, for the first time in my life people are not standing on a "future 3rd temple", all of a sudden it's "maybe it means this, and it could mean our bodies are the temples now,,and... bla,bla,bla." So when I say you have nothing to stand on, what I'm saying is that you won't clearly state exactly what you believe, and stand on it. It's like you don't want to have it picked apart the same way you guys do this view. We should lay ALL of them on the table, we're seeking truth, not to be right. This was what I meant, and I will pay you the respect that when asked a question I WILL stand on my view and answer to the best of my knowledge, or I start researching it every time, and know I hold the less popular view that even seems to sometimes enrage people (no talking about you), and have even people I would have called friend reject me with curses. But I'm on a rock brother, His rock and I can not deny Him, I know you understand, and please know this is not saying you aren't, I know you're doing the same thing, but from what I've experienced through our conversations is you're actually a little closed minded, and you're so certain that YOU are right, that you don't even hear out an opposing view. I just don't think that's wise, but again who am I.

I don't know, man, after typing all this I don't even want this to be a "clash" thing anymore. I'm sorry for all the things I said to offend you. Seriously. I'd love to honestly talk about this subject with you more here, or in private, but if we do just know that I'm only speaking about the subject matter, and will do so with a much lighter tone, and less defensively. All this crap aside, I love you brother and I'm sorry for throwing my character flaws at you. I honestly pray you and your whole family have a blessed day growing closer to our King. Amen.
its obvious you have not been listening to things I have said.

Maybe it means this or that?

The bible states a temple wil be standing, when the man of sin, or the "price who is to come" will place an abomination of desolation" in the Holy Place.

Now remeber, Jesus said, When you see it.

So it is not going to be something which happens behind closed doors.

Its not going to be hearsay (I head some leader put something in the holy place)

It is going to be a literal object. That according to the law is unclean, and it will be witnessed by all.

This has not happened yet. Only one time in history are we told of an abomination which causes desolation, and that is when Antiochus epiphanies sacrificed a pig (ceremonially unclean) in the holy place.

Yet not everyone could see that. And nothing like it occured in 70 AD. and even if it did. Not everyone could SEE IT.

when you asked me those questions?

Can you repost those quotes where you asked me and I did not answer you So I can see in context what your saying?

and while your at it. Make sure you post all the questions I have asked you and others also. And your responses to me?

is that fair?

ps, the reason I have asked you to show me, Is because I have answered many times exactly where the AOD will take place. In fact, if you read my response above, You will see I answered it again.

as for the second two questions. They are open ended questions. You have to be more specific.

But that is beside the point. You made an accusation. Now please prove where you asked me these questions, and I refused to answer

Thank you

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
its obvious you have not been listening to things I have said.

Maybe it means this or that?

The bible states a temple wil be standing, when the man of sin, or the "price who is to come" will place an abomination of desolation" in the Holy Place.

Now remeber, Jesus said, When you see it.

So it is not going to be something which happens behind closed doors.

Its not going to be hearsay (I head some leader put something in the holy place)

It is going to be a literal object. That according to the law is unclean, and it will be witnessed by all.

This has not happened yet. Only one time in history are we told of an abomination which causes desolation, and that is when Antiochus epiphanies sacrificed a pig (ceremonially unclean) in the holy place.

Yet not everyone could see that. And nothing like it occured in 70 AD. and even if it did. Not everyone could SEE IT.

when you asked me those questions?

Can you repost those quotes where you asked me and I did not answer you So I can see in context what your saying?

and while your at it. Make sure you post all the questions I have asked you and others also. And your responses to me?

is that fair?

ps, the reason I have asked you to show me, Is because I have answered many times exactly where the AOD will take place. In fact, if you read my response above, You will see I answered it again.

as for the second two questions. They are open ended questions. You have to be more specific.

But that is beside the point. You made an accusation. Now please prove where you asked me these questions, and I refused to answer

Thank you
Okay cool. Sorry for all the misunderstandings. So here we are at "0". I will refer to nothing I've said, nor anything you've said.

I would like to know if you believe the abomination of desolation is going to happen in Gods temple, and let us be very clear here "God's temple" is the temple that God commands built for Him to dwell in on earth with us. In Daniel this is only described as "the holy place" where the sacrifices are offered. This is the "God's temple" I am talking about. Do you believe this is where the AoD will happen? If not then please explain to me exactly what you believe the AoD will be. Can we just start here slow?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There is no gap. At the end of the 69th week is the crucification, and the 70th week begins then at the resurrection.
This makes absolutely no sense. If you are suggesting that the resurrection of Christ ushered in the 70th week of Daniel, then that is PURE FANTASY. Firstly there is no mention of Christ's resurrection in Daniel 9, and secondly, the Church Age began after the resurrection, NOT the reign of the Antichrist and the establishment of the Abomination of Desolation.

What we see in these threads on Bible prophecy is a serious lack of comprehension about future events, because those posting have not really studied the matter in depth (meaning taking all the OT prophecies from Genesis to Malachi into account).

E

eternally-gratefull

Okay cool. Sorry for all the misunderstandings. So here we are at "0". I will refer to nothing I've said, nor anything you've said.
Thank you. I like this

I would like to know if you believe the abomination of desolation is going to happen in Gods temple, and let us be very clear here "God's temple" is the temple that God commands built for Him to dwell in on earth with us. In Daniel this is only described as "the holy place" where the sacrifices are offered. This is the "God's temple" I am talking about. Do you believe this is where the AoD will happen? If not then please explain to me exactly what you believe the AoD will be. Can we just start here slow?
I believe as Jesus said, and as Daniel prophesied

That an AOD will occur in the JEWISH temple. Putting an end to sacrifice and burnt offering. (remember, Jesus himself called the temple in his day his fathers house. Even though the sacrificial system had long since been conducted in Sin, by a people who would reject him, and would be destroyed in the near future)

I also believe this will occur in the middle of some 7 year covenant made between a future prince and as daniel says "Many"

I also believe, As Jesus said, When we see this, There will be a great tribulation, such as never has been seen before and will not be seen after. This tribulation will be so severe, that ALL life on Earth (all flesh) will be threatened. It will be "Stopped" by the return of Christ himself. who returns as he said, For the sake of the elect.