What Is a cool name to give a child In the old and/or new testament.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
How about a Klingon name, like Korah'takh? Now that is cool.

But, in terms of human names, I like Aholibamah for a girl (not sure why, but there's just something very feminine about that name).

For a boy, I'm less impressed by the Biblical names I think. In fact, I'm not sure I don't appreciate the Babylonian names Daniel & Co. received more than their originals. However, I do like Gaius. Has a strong, masculine ring to it.

Would I name my kids these names? Probably not. But, you asked for a Biblical name.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I think Jehoshaphat is a cool name, though I wouldn't do that to a kid! The last thing a kid needs to be called is Phat!
Moses, Amos, and Levi are names of some of my American ancestors.
Thomas, Matthew, and Samuel are names of some of my great-grandfathers. I also like Joshua and Caleb.

Ooh. Or Zaphnath-Paaneah!

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Are you the eldest sibling? My parents' first is nineteen years older than their last :D
Yup. I'm the oldest.

Seems to be a weird phenomenon in my family. My dad is 20ish years younger than his eldest sibling.
I'm 19 years older than my youngest sibling.
And my eldest is 15 years older than her youngest sibling. Though if we have another, my eldest will be closer to the ages that me and my dad are with our siblings.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yup. I'm the oldest.

Seems to be a weird phenomenon in my family. My dad is 20ish years younger than his eldest sibling.
I'm 19 years older than my youngest sibling.
And my eldest is 15 years older than her youngest sibling. Though if we have another, my eldest will be closer to the ages that me and my dad are with our siblings.
I'll have to ask my brother if he knows the age spread among our dad's siblings. There were twelve (total)
of them! Evenly split too: six boys and six girls. My brother has done a lot of research into our family tree :D

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I'll have to ask my brother if he knows the age spread among our dad's siblings. There were twelve (total)
of them! Evenly split too: six boys and six girls. My brother has done a lot of research into our family tree :D
Sounds like an awesome big family! :giggle:

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Zipporah is a nice name. It can be spelled with a "t" Tzipporah.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Zipporah is a nice name. It can be spelled with a "t" Tzipporah.
Have you no mercy? School teachers will already have enough trouble with the original spelling, without adding a t.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
If ever I have a daughter I thought about naming her Jezebel Delilah....

Call her Jezzie for short. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If ever I have a daughter I thought about naming her Jezebel Delilah....

Call her Jezzie for short. :p
That would be merciless to the poor girl. Do you have any idea what teenage guys would do with a nickname like that? :eek:

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
That would be merciless to the poor girl. Do you have any idea what teenage guys would do with a nickname like that? :eek:
They wouldn't get any further than my axe or shotgun would let them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
They wouldn't get any further than my axe or shotgun would let them.
Yeah but if you take an axe and shotgun to her high school, those nice guys in the cars with the flashing lights on top get all excited and nervous.

The axe and shotgun are only effective deterrents at your home, and you can't keep her there her whole life. The truant officers (or child services, or whatever equivalent we have these days that makes sure kids go to school) don't like that.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Yeah but if you take an axe and shotgun to her high school, those nice guys in the cars with the flashing lights on top get all excited and nervous.

The axe and shotgun are only effective deterrents at your home, and you can't keep her there her whole life. The truant officers (or child services, or whatever equivalent we have these days that makes sure kids go to school) don't like that.
When they understand my PASSION for the second ammendment...most guys understand that sort of thing. I knew a really cute and outgoing young lady who had a really difficult getting dates because her dad was so pro 2nd ammendment.
Scared off all the wolves.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Is it wrong that I think Delilah is a beautiful name? It's probably good I have 2 boys instead. 😆

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If i ever have a daughter i would like to name her Moira, which is from the Greek for fate/destiny

BeeThePeace

May 2, 2022
Is it wrong that I think Delilah is a beautiful name? It's probably good I have 2 boys instead. 😆
I like that name.
I work with a man who's first name is Cain.
Last name? Able.

Middle name because I had to ask? Chester.

Not kidding.