Brothers and sisters describes the audience; not the setting."brothers and sisters" is enough corporate context for me.
Brothers and sisters describes the audience; not the setting."brothers and sisters" is enough corporate context for me.
Brothers and sisters describes the audience; not the setting.
Sure, but this passage isn't referring to corporate worship. It is instruction for daily living.News alert: audience is part of the setting/context.
Really? I have never been to a service in the dark, with a smoke machine, light show, stage performance and loud music. I have heard of services that include loud music, but not the other four things.
Thank God for the Upper Room worship consisting of 120 people filled with the Holy Spirit [when 2 or 3 are gathered together in the NAME of Jesus He is there] that led to 3,000 people coming to Salvation and by the end of the week another 5,000 were saved.
True worship, especially corporate worship, can lead to God moving in ways most people today and on this very forum have no idea nor ever experienced.
Sure, but this passage isn't referring to corporate worship. It is instruction for daily living.
It's not unusual to see people going to the altar and surrendering themselves to God or see health miracles take place like paralyzed people in wheelchairs suddenly get up and begin walking and then jumping up and down praising God or other examples.Not sure what ways you have in mind,
but beware of equating emotionalism or mob psychology with true worship.
Rocking for Jesus (hopefully).You haven't lived until you see a rock concert "worship service..." (eyes rolled to the ceiling)
MM
Usually if you are reading an English translation of the Bible and come across the word 'worship', the word actually means 'prostration'-- to bow down like Eastern Orthodox or Muslims do. That's why John 'worshipped' the angel, and the OT says "I will worship toward your temple." The woman at the well wanted to talk about the proper place to bow down to God with ones head to the ground.
Another word translated worship might be translated service and is also used of temple rituals.
There is no mention of the church gathering 'to worship' in the Bible. The one person who worships at a Christian gather is the hypothetical unbeliever or uninstructed one who hears prophecy that makes manifest the secrets of his heart and says that God is truly among you.
Rocking for Jesus (hopefully).
This is spot on. Even pastors, teachers usually interchange the two.I'm not one to judge another man's praise. I leave that to the Lord. What I DO know is that praise and worship are not synonymous nor interchangeable. They are distinctive.
MM
Might be why GOD said "I will rebuild the tabernacle of David".I believe king David exemplified corporate worship and God called him a man after God's own heart.
Amen Brother Amen!Might be why GOD said "I will rebuild the tabernacle of David".
before the Lord in my prayer closet in secret, then it shall ever be between the Lord and myself, not some freak show of religious ritual and mood music garbage. Just my thoughts on the matter.
MM
What scripture depicts it as corporate worship?Rom. 12:1-2 refers to godly worship as both individual and corporate service or ministry,
including learning and teaching GW for mind-renewal.
It's not unusual to see people going to the altar and surrendering themselves to God or see health miracles take place like paralyzed people in wheelchairs suddenly get up and begin walking and then jumping up and down praising God or other examples.
Now, not sure how some people would classify that as but I classify it as it must be sincere and real true worship to create such a beautiful atmosphere where God is not only present but God is creating miracles.