What is love?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

In my view, Walking in love is abiding in him, It is allowing his love to flow through you. Anything short of this is not abiding in Christ, and in reality, is sin.

If we do this, we will always do his will. no matter what it is.

the problem is, we do not do this enough, our flesh is strong,, and we need a beat down from God every now and then..lol

I agree with this 100% and I know I error in this matter at times, that is why I seek Him in truth as so this does not happen. To me the big separation is in those who believe His word is the perfect textbook and the Messiah is the perfect teacher, and those who say the only way to life is to discard the textbook, however the Messiah says nothing from the textbook will pass, yet Im told accepting what is written in the textbook is fleshly, yet Scripture says the exact opposite....

yes and correction from Him is key, has been in my life.
 
I agree with this 100% and I know I error in this matter at times, that is why I seek Him in truth as so this does not happen. To me the big separation is in those who believe His word is the perfect textbook and the Messiah is the perfect teacher, and those who say the only way to life is to discard the textbook, however the Messiah says nothing from the textbook will pass, yet Im told accepting what is written in the textbook is fleshly, yet Scripture says the exact opposite....

yes and correction from Him is key, has been in my life.

yet no one is saying discard the texbook. or parts of it, Thats your interpretation of what people are saying which is not true.

All textbooks have different areas of instruction. All given for different reasons.

If I have mastered one (say IE I KNOW the ten commands, and other commmands God gave to moses) I do not need to keep going back to them, I already know them, I have mastered them in my heart.

Now what I need to do, is go onto the next part of the instructions. Now that I know what they are, what do I need to do to follow them.

This is not saying you throw parts out of scripture. thats is what the legalism claims, and is quite honestly, getting to be shamefull. and leaning on bearing false witness, which is breaking one of the very laws you are trying to say we must obey.
 

yet no one is saying discard the texbook. or parts of it, Thats your interpretation of what people are saying which is not true.

All textbooks have different areas of instruction. All given for different reasons.

If I have mastered one (say IE I KNOW the ten commands, and other commmands God gave to moses) I do not need to keep going back to them, I already know them, I have mastered them in my heart.

Now what I need to do, is go onto the next part of the instructions. Now that I know what they are, what do I need to do to follow them.

This is not saying you throw parts out of scripture. thats is what the legalism claims, and is quite honestly, getting to be shamefull. and leaning on bearing false witness, which is breaking one of the very laws you are trying to say we must obey.

I personally believe in rewiewing all Scripture as to keep it in the mind.

But I have been told on this site that if I read the Law im in the fleash, that it ok to read Messiah words and that person is in the Spirit but when I read Im in the flesh, so the general statement of "no one is saying discard the texbook" is not true.

So you have the 10 in your heart? SO you do show love to Yah by honoring His Commands?

Exodus 20:6, "But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws."

Do you follow them as written or do you alter what is written and follow that? this is not a wrong question to ask, for it is right to follow what He says. I mean about the 4th Commandment? as written or an altered version of what is written? (and not saying im perfect, I have broken the 4th Commandment more times then I care to count, but I love when I spend that time for only Him 100%, and dont think im haughty, because I know im as low as a sea urchin)
 

yet no one is saying discard the texbook. or parts of it, Thats your interpretation of what people are saying which is not true.

All textbooks have different areas of instruction. All given for different reasons.

If I have mastered one (say IE I KNOW the ten commands, and other commmands God gave to moses) I do not need to keep going back to them, I already know them, I have mastered them in my heart.

Now what I need to do, is go onto the next part of the instructions. Now that I know what they are, what do I need to do to follow them.

This is not saying you throw parts out of scripture. thats is what the legalism claims, and is quite honestly, getting to be shamefull. and leaning on bearing false witness, which is breaking one of the very laws you are trying to say we must obey.

So is it right or wrong to seek to obey every Law/Instruction written? (leaving priesthood Laws for the High Priest of course and judgement Laws for the Judge, both Priset and Judge being Messiah Yahshua)
 
So is it right or wrong to seek to obey every Law/Instruction written? (leaving priesthood Laws for the High Priest of course and judgement Laws for the Judge, both Priset and Judge being Messiah Yahshua)

I never said it was wrong.

is it right to keep shoving the ten commands to people who already know them, and say just follow these and you will not sin?

is it right to shove the law on someone who can not comprehend the law because they are not yet born of God (the reason I HATE LEGALISM SO MUCH, because my church used to do this).

is it wrong to claim someone who says God has a way to keep us from sinning,, and it is not by the ten commands, which just show us what sin is.. and yet be told your tying to throw Gods law out?
 
I personally believe in rewiewing all Scripture as to keep it in the mind.

But I have been told on this site that if I read the Law im in the fleash, that it ok to read Messiah words and that person is in the Spirit but when I read Im in the flesh, so the general statement of "no one is saying discard the texbook" is not true.

Can you show me where you have been told this? I read the scripture often, all of it, not just parts of it.
(yet I am continuously told I throw half of it out)

So you have the 10 in your heart? SO you do show love to Yah by honoring His Commands?

Exodus 20:6, "But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws."

Do you follow them as written or do you alter what is written and follow that? this is not a wrong question to ask, for it is right to follow what He says. I mean about the 4th Commandment? as written or an altered version of what is written? (and not saying im perfect, I have broken the 4th Commandment more times then I care to count, but I love when I spend that time for only Him 100%, and dont think im haughty, because I know im as low as a sea urchin)

Having ten in your heart is knowing what they are, agreeing with them, and knowing when you break them you have sinned.

it is not knowing HOW TO KEEP FROM falling INTO TEMPTATION.
 
John 15:17
These things I command you, that ye love one another.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Love you brother :)
 

Can you show me where you have been told this? I read the scripture often, all of it, not just parts of it.
(yet I am continuously told I throw half of it out)



Having ten in your heart is knowing what they are, agreeing with them, and knowing when you break them you have sinned.

it is not knowing HOW TO KEEP FROM falling INTO TEMPTATION.

Im not going to search trough the forums to prove something that is evident...and will likely be excused...

ok so knowing right from wrong does not ,matter? or is knowing right from wrong according to His word key so we MAY THEN be guided by His Spirit and not another spirit, test the Spirits, if they dont line up with what is written it not His Spirit..

endless "Spirit led" denominations that all teach different doctrines.... I will follow His doctrine, as written.
 

Can you show me where you have been told this? I read the scripture often, all of it, not just parts of it.
(yet I am continuously told I throw half of it out)



Having ten in your heart is knowing what they are, agreeing with them, and knowing when you break them you have sinned.

it is not knowing HOW TO KEEP FROM falling INTO TEMPTATION.

What keeps us from falling into temptation?
 
What keeps us from falling into temptation?

learning to LOVE AS GOD LOVED US.


we are tempted when we want somethiing, or think we need something (self) if we learn to be self sacrificial, we will never fall to temptation.
 
Im not going to search trough the forums to prove something that is evident...and will likely be excused...

ok so knowing right from wrong does not ,matter?

Your seriously going to sit there and say a christin does not know right from wrong after he has studied the law which proved to him his need for christ? please tell me you did not just go there..


o
r is knowing right from wrong according to His word key so we MAY THEN be guided by His Spirit and not another spirit, test the Spirits, if they dont line up with what is written it not His Spirit..

again, your seriously going to say a christian who has studied these things and has them in his heart does not know them?

endless "Spirit led" denominations that all teach different doctrines.... I will follow His doctrine, as written.

yet your not following it as written.

Your using the law, which leads us to Christ, and telling us we need to continue to bash down that law so we do not mess up, even though that law has no power to do so.
 

learning to LOVE AS GOD LOVED US.


we are tempted when we want somethiing, or think we need something (self) if we learn to be self sacrificial, we will never fall to temptation.

Well, not exactly, Christ tells us how to keep from falling into temptation...

Mar 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
 
Well, not exactly, Christ tells us how to keep from falling into temptation...

Mar 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

and what are you watching and praying for?

It tells you. The flesh (self will) is week.

if we are not watching out for the flesh, and keeping our mind on love, we will fall (and do numerous times a day, whether we think we do or not)

either way, That still does not say obey the law, or look to the law to keep from temptation.
 
Well, not exactly, Christ tells us how to keep from falling into temptation...

Mar 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."


and what are you watching and praying for?

It tells you. The flesh (self will) is week.

if we are not watching out for the flesh, and keeping our mind on love, we will fall (and do numerous times a day, whether we think we do or not)

either way, That still does not say obey the law, or look to the law to keep from temptation.

Romans 7:13 "Did that which is righteous, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through that which was righteous, so that through the commandments, sin might become utterly sinful."

Knowing the whole word of Yah can remind of us what is right and wrong, for if you are guided by the Spirit you would know the Spirit and the word are one. Is it only right if one closes their eyes in buddists fashion and blanks their mond out? or did He leave us a book for a reason? As a way to test the Spirit's that we might know authentically what is His path?

Mar 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."