What is that???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iTOREtheSKY

Looks like some sort of meter. lol got me dude. For a CB???? no clue.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
@_@ Ah! So many pictures to name...WELL FINE!!! Family Guy Joe Swanson - Let's do it! Rock that world! - YouTube (please forgive the comments, I have no control over what others say)

That said:

I left off at the wrench/pliers tool which I cannot name...so picking up from the images after that:

Those look like the tapes once used for audio recording, but I don't remember their names. Not 8-track or Cassette...

The next looks like a car phone, followed by the Atari game system (which was bomb) without the monitor...

I have no idea what the solar-light looking thing is...

The next image looks like an old audio recorder...It's followed by what seems like the first universal remote...

The next image is ink tape for cash registers...and I've threaded my fair share of them!!

Then a boombox, calculator, and dial phone...

I don't know the next image, but the Curo was a bread maker I believe. My mom had one...

Then an older telephone....followed by a battery powered portable radio...

Banana seat, some type of engine, 45 or type of record disk, old apple computer, and not sure on the two printer/scanner/seismology looking devices...

Can't see the next picture well, but reminds me of the computers back when you had to which out the big cartridges...like an old server/tower...

Baton, Antennae, Roller Skate, old bicycle with the tassels...

I should probably post a few...a young guy who may stump the...*coughs* More Mature or Elders of our beloved site...

Then the last one that was snuck in looks like some kind of recording device...it's got needles presumably measuring power and frequency...
If anything, I'd say it's some type of old radio broadcasting or receiving equipment...can't say specifically...

Last edited:

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
That is ink tape for a typewriter, not a cash register. :p

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
My bad, Zero. You're right, but it's also the same used in today (and yesterdays) Cash Register machines. Seriously.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
I see my guess was in the right ballpark, then...

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Hah... you beat me to the CB Jullianna. I thought about posting that. lol

There are so many things here that I have no idea what they are. Egg incubator? Really? lol

So far only one person got both things in #19 right. I love the fact that one person said that the first pic was a car phone. I was hoping someone would say something like that. Those of you that said Atari for the second one are correct. Atari 2600 was the specific name I was looking for, but close enough. The first picture was... highlight in white if you give up------------> Intellivision game console.

Great thread Jullianna. :)

S

Shouryu

Here are a couple more. Be specific.
View attachment 44339
Great googly moogly! I had an Intellivision growing up. When the units didn't sell the way Mattel expected, Kay Bee Toys had monster sales on their games, and my old man ended up buying like, 20 or so games for 5 bucks each. This was just after the NES had just hit the west, too. I spent HOURS playing Tron Deadly Discs and Hockey. (I'll admit, I couldn't score fer nuthin'; I'd just skate around and bodycheck the other team because to an 8 year old, it was hilarious.)

My freshman year in high school band was the last year a majorette was seen in the state of New Mexico. That would have been the fall of '92. Our girl was hardcore - she'd twirl machetes and flaming batons as well.

U

Ugly

I love it when my son finds something we had around when I was a kid and asks me what in the world it is. :) I thought it might be fun for some of us older folks to post pics of things and let the younger ones guess what they are (without googling and cheating :) ). Here are some of mine:

View attachment 44272
Couldn't help but think of the similarities.

220px-LecraeRehab.jpg

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
have a go at this one... echo sounder.jpg

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
these might be easier, all of the things I have posted are in my house.
817_Aluminium_Ext_stick_n.JPG

Sheep_Shears.jpg

tushker.jpg

Last edited:

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Great googly moogly! I had an Intellivision growing up. When the units didn't sell the way Mattel expected, Kay Bee Toys had monster sales on their games, and my old man ended up buying like, 20 or so games for 5 bucks each. This was just after the NES had just hit the west, too. I spent HOURS playing Tron Deadly Discs and Hockey. (I'll admit, I couldn't score fer nuthin'; I'd just skate around and bodycheck the other team because to an 8 year old, it was hilarious.)
A friend of mine had an Intellivision. Was the only one I had ever seen. I guess the price was the only issue cause it seemed MUCH better than Atari. Utopia was the best! We used to stay up all night on the weekend playing that game! lol

J

Jullianna

Does anyone know how to use one of these? :D

ke1.jpg