What is the difference between calling a woman "Hot" and calling a woman "Beautiful"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
In my opinion, i don't believe that Christians should be making it their aim to be hot or sexy. I think we should always be conservative, even when going out on dates.
Fair point. However, the ones who are, aren't trying.

Paulou

Feb 14, 2019
In my opinion,hot is more of the superficial side of things.this is based on attraction,which naturally is what we notice in a potential life partner.beautiful however is still looks and superficial,but not in a sexy way.a person can be beautiful on the inside to,like have a beautiful personality.she can be a heavenly angel.for me a relationship based on tne more important things is far more important.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
1. To whom you are saying hot/beautiful matters; context matters.
2. Nothing's wrong with telling your wife she is hot and beautiful.
3. How you say it, rather than what you say, matters much more.

Example:
a) Husband: (*while looking at his wife) "You look beautiful." (with no emotion whatsoever)
vs
b) Husband: (*looking deeply into his wife's eyes) "You look so...hot." (with such sincerity and intensity)
Absolutely! And a man can be intelligent, handsome, and in my opinion hot!
Hot= Something about a person that really attracts you to them. Can be anything. A look they give, a mannerism, an attitude, something they say or even do...their voice. I'm not afraid to use that word. It doesn't bother me if someone says it.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Ya we like to be objects
My question to those who are offended at being called hot, or sexy, or getting attention because of their face and body features; Are you less offended, even excited when the giver of the “compliment” is attractive? Is there a point when you are dating that it is ok for the guy to admit your body is distracting? Do you conceal your curves and avoid makeup to keep guys focused on your mind and wholesomeness? I’m really curious about this because it is human nature for women to want to be desirable, physically. It’s a trillion dollar industry.
I'm far from being a feminist...but when men say things about women wearing makeup or dressing feminine...it sticks in my crawl. A lot of women, myself included, like to look feminine and do it for ourselves. Women dont want to always look frumpy...it can make one feel frumpy.
I have no problem some days wearing a tshirt, Jean's, a ponytail, ball cap, and clean face. I dont want to be like that everyday. That's for cleaning the house, mowing grass, or going fishing. Times I dont feel I want to be overly feminine.
Sure, there are women that dress in band-aides that have been stitched together and so much makeup they look like a different person. It's just not all of us.
As for the beauty industry...its more than makeup...although what they charge these days is ludicrous...but beauty products also have a lot to do with skin care, hair care, shaving products, and plain hygiene products. Nothing is wrong with taking care of ones self and holding on to young looking skin and healthy hair.
I cant tell you how many men complain that after marriage their wives let themselves go...and geesh...the men that use that as an excuse to cheat...
A woman's actions dont necessarily have to evolve around the male species no more than mens lives evolve around females. It's all about being an individual and having self worth, self confidence, and self respect.

M

Miri

Maybe hot refers to her going through the menopause lol

What I don’t understand is hot is used to refer to something good.
But cool is also used to refer to something good.
So a woman can be both hot and cool - yep definate reference to the menopause.

Aug 2, 2009
Also, one of my friends asks me this... isn't my wife hot? I get frustrated cause yeah I'm not gonna say no and if I say yes I feel weird lol. It's HIS wife not mine lol. Anyways wanted to get that off my chest. :) Any suggestions on what to say back would be appreciated! lol
You could say, "How should I know? She might be hot, she might be cold. I have no idea."

Aug 2, 2009
Also, one of my friends asks me this... isn't my wife hot? I get frustrated cause yeah I'm not gonna say no and if I say yes I feel weird lol. It's HIS wife not mine lol. Anyways wanted to get that off my chest. :) Any suggestions on what to say back would be appreciated! lol
This one's even better: Tell him, "The only thing that's really important is if you think she's hot."

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
In my opinion, i don't believe that Christians should be making it their aim to be hot or sexy. I think we should always be conservative, even when going out on dates.
I am with you on this Kim. Very little interaction between the sexes are geared toward finding a suitable mate. That should be reserved until you have allowed yourself to get to know someone. Acting just on outward appearance is just lust. Christians should respect members of the opposite sex and stay away from thoughts the lend to the ways of the world. The answer to the thread title on "What is the difference?: The world. :)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i've never had random men tell me i'm hot/cute/beautiful/pretty/etc, so i don't know how i would react.

i think this is one of the benefits of being antisocial. in order for me to hear these kinds of comments, i gotta be around peoples :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Familiarity and intention.

Hot from a stranger = rude or a compliment depending on the person
Hot from a friend = cute or creepy
Hot from a companion = brings a blush or a smile

Stranger’s intention = perceived as lust or interest
Friend’s intention = being nice, joking or flirty
Companion’s intention = expressing an opinion, flirting, admiring your attractiveness