What is the Narrow Path?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is the Narrow Path?

• The Narrow Path is believeing inYahshua/Jesus and what He did

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • The Narrow Path is doing what Yahshua/Jesus taught.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • The Narrow Path is believeing in Him and doing what He taught.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Dec 12, 2013
If one looks at all of the worlds religions. All of them (except 1) preach that our entrance to heaven/enlightenment/the next life or whatever, is based on what we do in this lifetime.

The 1 that does not teach this, that is the narrow way (one). The others, shows the broad way (many)
The tragic truth is that most so called Christian religions embellish faith with works, church membership, sacraments, Baptism, religious hoop jumping, charismatic embellishments, law keeping etc. in order to gain, keep or top off salvation and in so doing VOID the gospel and relegate it to a "gospel" of a different kind with NO power, double cursed and all who buy into it are called foolish and bewitched by PAUL under inspiration.

E

eternally-gratefull

The tragic truth is that most so called Christian religions embellish faith with works, church membership, sacraments, Baptism, religious hoop jumping, charismatic embellishments, law keeping etc. in order to gain, keep or top off salvation and in so doing VOID the gospel and relegate it to a "gospel" of a different kind with NO power, double cursed and all who buy into it are called foolish and bewitched by PAUL under inspiration.
Yes, they would be part of the wide gate, not part of the 1. Sadly they can not see it. They think because it has th word Jesus, the cross and church it is different than the rest. When in reality it is not. They just changed the name

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus is the son of God, and as such is the son of love, for God is love (1 John 4:8 & 16).
They who know love, love (God and His Son) knows them.
They who do not know love, love (God and His Son) does not know them.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Do you think you automatically love God......? If you do you fail to understand that loving God is a process of Growth and maturity after one has ALREADY been born from above eternally by incorruptable seed and through the irrevocable gift of life.....

it is NOT that we loved him but that HE loved us and gave himself for us.....

and there are numerous verses that speak to Loving God and Each other as a process of growth and maturity and letting the love of God BE PERFECTED IN US AFTER salvation.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Do you think you automatically love God......? If you do you fail to understand that loving God is a process of Growth and maturity after one has ALREADY been born from above eternally by incorruptable seed and through the irrevocable gift of life.....

it is NOT that we loved him but that HE loved us and gave himself for us.....

and there are numerous verses that speak to Loving God and Each other as a process of growth and maturity and letting the love of God BE PERFECTED IN US AFTER salvation.
I agree, loving God is a process of growth. I believe it has to do in part with overcoming the love man has for this world.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
i can agree with that for sure......
1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Dec 12, 2013
1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
and full circle....what is it that has overcome the world....OUR FAITH................not our love......

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
and full circle....what is it that has overcome the world....OUR FAITH................not our love......
Yes, our faith in Jesus' Way, that what we believe in our hearts, is what overcomes our carnal inclinations.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
My sister claims to love Messiah and be a Christian, but thinks Muslims will go to heaven too because they are sincere… I WANT TO SPLAP HER TO WAKE HER UP!!!! She will thump you up and down with the Bible, but if you ask me or the Bible she is not only dead wrong but an Biblical imbecile!!!

Love is a product of Salvation, but the only way to heave is the acceptance of Messiah/ Y-shua/ Yeshua/ Jesus as the only way to heaven and believe in there heart.

Now I know I cannot judge if my sister is a Christian or not, because the Bible tells me so. But there is not anyway on Earth or any place else I can possibly think anyone who thinks there is another way to heaven but Messiah is Saved.

He is the way, the Truth, and the Life, no one gets to heave but by Him!!!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
My sister claims to love Messiah and be a Christian, but thinks Muslims will go to heaven too because they are sincere… I WANT TO SPLAP HER TO WAKE HER UP!!!! She will thump you up and down with the Bible, but if you ask me or the Bible she is not only dead wrong but an Biblical imbecile!!!

Love is a product of Salvation, but the only way to heave is the acceptance of Messiah/ Y-shua/ Yeshua/ Jesus as the only way to heaven and believe in there heart.

Now I know I cannot judge if my sister is a Christian or not, because the Bible tells me so. But there is not anyway on Earth or any place else I can possibly think anyone who thinks there is another way to heaven but Messiah is Saved.

He is the way, the Truth, and the Life, no one gets to heave but by Him!!!
Christian must believe the Bible.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. - Amen!

Philippians 2:13 - for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. - Amen! Yet these passages of scripture do not negate (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:8-10).
Amen, they do not. They negate the widely used interpretation of them though.

The doctrine that I put forth is of Faith and I do not suffer from a terminal case of self righteousness. 1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
Sin is a noun in verse eight. It does not say we are sinning it says we have sin; there is difference. We can have sin in us that needs to be confessed (assented to). But just because we have the propensity to sin throughout our life doesn't mean we will. In verse 10 sin is a verb in is being stated in the past tense. We have the power through GOD through Christ not to sin, but to say that we have not sinned or that we will not always have the propensity to sin; is to say GOD is a liar; for have sinned (Rom. 3:22) and need Christ.
But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith of Jesus Christ into all and upon all those believing; for there is no difference,

Then do we make law of no effect through faith? Let it not be! But we establish law.

The righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who will go up into Heaven?" (that is, to bring down Christ (the Word; the Law; GOD'S Commandments); or, "Who will go down into the abyss?" (that is, to bring Christ (the Word; the Law; GOD'S Commandments) up from the dead.) But what does it say? "The word (Christ ; the Law; GOD'S Commandments) is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we proclaim) .

For (the faith in which we proclaim; Christ (the word; the Law in the heart and mouth) is the end of (written) law for righteousness to everyone that believes.

(Rom 3:21-22, 31; 10:6-8; Deut. 30:12-14; Heb 8:10 Rom 10:4 )

Do you claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% (exactly as Jesus lived)? :unsure:
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
(Php 3:12-15 KJV)

Through Christ, believers do find Wisdom and strength.
Amen and that is what Eccl. 7:20 speaks. Man without the Wisdom of GOD (Christ in the heart and mouth) can not live without sinning.
Eccl 7:19 Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty which are in the city.
Eccl 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Verse 20 is being stated in reference to verse 19 the naturally wise man who is without the Wisdom which is of GOD. Without that Wisdom which is through HIS Spirit through Christ we are without the strength and will fail. But through Christ; the Wisdom which is from above we are strengthen more than ten of the naturally righteous.

Especially babes in Christ. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) Believers begin as babes in Christ and growing to maturity is a process.
Amen!
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead (separated from) sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:
(1Pe 2:24-25)

The flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. The struggle is real, even for those who are not honest enough to admit it. The apostle Paul was honest in Romans chapter 7.
Chapter 6- 8 in Romans is very profound. Most read chapter seven and rip it out of context and or do not have proper understanding of the text

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Think about it for a minute

Why was he dead? Because of sin.

This means the sin issue has to be removed BEFORE he can be made alive.

This happens because of redemption and justification.

We are justified by faith

Thus, yes He had to have had faith BEFORE his sins were forgiven, which would allow him to be made alive.
The sins were paid for on the cross for all of the people that Christ died for. That is when the sins were removed as far as eternal life is concerned. We are all born into this world, by natural birth as sinners, dead to understand spiritual things (1 Cor 2:14). In Eph 2, God, while we were yet dead in sins and not able to discern spiritual things, without spiritual faith regenerated (made alive spiritually) us. The regenerated man can justify himself for certain things, but it is Christ that justify us for eternal life. (Gal 2:16).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
If one looks at all of the worlds religions. All of them (except 1) preach that our entrance to heaven/enlightenment/the next life or whatever, is based on what we do in this lifetime.

The 1 that does not teach this, that is the narrow way (one). The others, shows the broad way (many)
I agree with what you say in this post, but you say in a later post that we are saved eternally by our faith, which makes getting eternal life by the work, or dependence upon man. Our faith in Jesus is not the cause of our eternal salvation, but the evidence that we have eternal life.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Amen, they do not. They negate the widely used interpretation of them though.
What is the widely used interpretation of them? It's obvious what those verses are saying. They do not teach that only unbelievers have sinned, but believers never sin.

Sin is a noun in verse eight. It does not say we are sinning it says we have sin; there is difference. We can have sin in us that needs to be confessed (assented to).
If we say we have no sin (present tense). We are not sinless 100% of the time, but that does not mean that we sin 100% of the time either. (1 John 1:8-2:1).

But just because we have the propensity to sin throughout our life doesn't mean we will.
We are not forced to sin, yet the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. The struggle is real! You did not answer my question from my last post - "Do you claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% (exactly as Jesus lived)?"

In verse 10 sin is a verb in is being stated in the past tense.
Yes, past tense and verse 8 is in the present tense.

We have the power through GOD through Christ not to sin, but to say that we have not sinned or that we will not always have the propensity to sin; is to say GOD is a liar; for have sinned (Rom. 3:22) and need Christ.
The power to not sin is through Christ, yet the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. (Galatians 5:17) The struggle is real! Even for those who deny it. Did any of the apostles claim to be sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time?

But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith of Jesus Christ into all and upon all those believing; for there is no difference,
Amen! Righteousness "apart from the Law" through faith in Jesus Christ. (y)

Then do we make law of no effect through faith? Let it not be! But we establish law.
We establish, that Christ fulfilled the law. We establish, the law and it’s righteous requirements are fulfilled in us through Christ. We establish, that Christ is the fulfillment of the types and shadows and signs. Therefore: we establish, that Christ ESTABLISHES the FULL revelation of the law, "its in HIM". If one reads the following verses after Romans 3:31 in context, Paul shows that Abraham was accounted as righteous through faith before circumcision and that righteousness in not for Abraham alone but for also those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 4:21-25). Jesus Christ is the revelation of the promise "seed." John 1:17 - The law came through Moses but Grace and Truth came through Jesus Christ".

The righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who will go up into Heaven?" (that is, to bring down Christ (the Word; the Law; GOD'S Commandments); or, "Who will go down into the abyss?" (that is, to bring Christ (the Word; the Law; GOD'S Commandments) up from the dead.) But what does it say? "The word (Christ ; the Law; GOD'S Commandments) is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we proclaim) .

For (the faith in which we proclaim; Christ (the word; the Law in the heart and mouth) is the end of (written) law for righteousness to everyone that believes.

(Rom 3:21-22, 31; 10:6-8; Deut. 30:12-14; Heb 8:10 Rom 10:4 )
You can never seem to discuss faith and Christ without mixing law and grace. :unsure:

Romans 10:5 - For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them." 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' " (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, " 'Who will descend into the abyss?' " (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." *Also see (Romans 3:22-28; 4:2-6; Galatians 2:16; 3:10-14).

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (Php 3:12-15 KJV)
This sounds like a contradiction at first glance. Verse 12 - "..not that I have already become perfect.." Verse 15 - "..as many as are perfect.."

In verse 12, Greek scholar AT Robertson comments - "Or am already made perfect. Perfect passive indicative (state of completion) of teleios, old verb from teleio and that from telo (end). Paul pointedly denies that he has reached a spiritual impasse of non-development." In verse 15, he comments - "Here the term teleioi means relative perfection, not the absolute perfection."

So depending on the context, "perfect" may mean "absolute perfection" or "relative perfection," which is in regards to maturity or completeness and not necessarily absolute perfection/sinless perfection.

So do you believe that Paul is using the word "perfect" in the sense of absolute perfection in verse 12 and relative perfection in verse 15? People who teach sinless perfection try to say that verse 12 and verse 15 both refer to absolute perfection.

Amen and that is what Eccl. 7:20 speaks. Man without the Wisdom of GOD (Christ in the heart and mouth) can not live without sinning. Eccl 7:19 Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty which are in the city.
Eccl 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Verse 20 is being stated in reference to verse 19 the naturally wise man who is without the Wisdom which is of GOD. Without that Wisdom which is through HIS Spirit through Christ we are without the strength and will fail. But through Christ; the Wisdom which is from above we are strengthen more than ten of the naturally righteous.
Yet even man with the Wisdom of God can still stumble and sin. The apostle Peter certainly did. (Matthew 26:30-35; Luke 22:54-60; Galatians 2:11-14). So much for sinless perfection.

Amen! Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead (separated from) sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:
(1Pe 2:24-25)
So at least we agree that believers do find Wisdom and strength in Christ, yet that does not mean believers will never stumble at all. Especially babes in Christ. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) Believers begin as babes in Christ and growing to maturity is a process. :)

Chapter 6- 8 in Romans is very profound. Most read chapter seven and rip it out of context and or do not have proper understanding of the text
Chapter 6-8 in Romans is very profound indeed! Those who teach sinless perfection rip chapter 7 out of context and do not have proper understanding of the text.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Christian must believe the Bible.
I would think that your sister would agree that through Christ is the only way one can get to heaven. Faith in Jesus is not the cause of eternal life. Christ died for the sins of those that his Father gave him before they had faith in him. God regenerated the natural man (1 Cor 2:14) before he had a spiritual faith (Eph 2:5). It is through Jesus's faith that man is saved eternally. The natural man as described in 1 Cor 2:14, cannot have spiritual faith until after he is regenerated (Eph 2:5. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, and without the Spirit, we have no spiritual faith.