What is the order of Melchizedek

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Not a Mormon.

Second it is a very "Jewish" teaching. If I remember correctly the Mormons teach about the Aronic priesthood. I don't teach that we are under the Aronic but under the priesthood of Malkizadik.
I got much information from cross reference of the Tanakh and books like Jasher and Adam. There are to many things written that convinced me that Shem, "name" was Malkizadik. People who don't know what the Tanakh teaches will continue to try and convince people that this figure was messiah.
P. S. Enoch also would have been of the priesthood
Shem or Enoch, neither are supernatural, (without mother of father, beginning of Spirit life or end thereof) .. Why glory in the flesh rather than walking by faith the unseen eternal?

All believer are in the priesthood of saints after the new manner . They are sent out two by two with the gospel in a hope God will apply it to the heart of natural man.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Not a Mormon.

Second it is a very "Jewish" teaching. If I remember correctly the Mormons teach about the Aronic priesthood. I don't teach that we are under the Aronic but under the priesthood of Malkizadik.
I got much information from cross reference of the Tanakh and books like Jasher and Adam. There are to many things written that convinced me that Shem, "name" was Malkizadik. People who don't know what the Tanakh teaches will continue to try and convince people that this figure was messiah.
P. S. Enoch also would have been of the priesthood
thanks, i really didn't think you were Mormon. they think there are two priesthoods simultaneously ((??)) btw

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
You can believe whatever you wish. But everything said about Melchizedek indicates that he was the pre-incarnate Christ. And I have read Genesis 14 so let's look at some salient verses from Gen 14 interpreted by the Holy Spirit in Hebrews 7:

THE LORD'S SUPPER PREFIGURED
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine...
To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace...

THE HIGH PRIESTHOOD OF CHRIST PREFIGURED
... and he was the priest of the most high God.
Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

CHRIST GREATER THAN ABRAHAM
...And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God...
Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils... And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

IT IS CHRIST WHO RECEIVED ABRAHAM'S TITHES
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he [Christ] receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth....Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life... But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Melchizedek was not Christ the son of God.
He did not die as the final sacrifice for man’s sins. Jesus did.
The most important event in history.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I do not believe the Bible teaches that. No one was saved the way we are today before the cross.
The cross was the most important event in human history. End of story.
It is in the Book! Not only does it say that it says the descendants of Abraham will possess the Gate of their enemies.

It is a narrow Gate and few enter by It.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
A fundamental Bible truth is that God the Father is a Spirit, and that no man has seen God the Father at any time. IT IS ALWAYS THE SON -- THE WORD -- WHO APPEARED TO MEN.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (John 1:18)

What most people do not realize is that Christ appeared to men in various ways in the OT. He came sometimes as "the LORD God". He came sometimes as "the Word of God". At other times He came as "the angel of the Lord". At other times He also came as "a man" showing divine attributes.

And then He also appeared as Melchizedek, a man like no other man -- a King-Priest who had neither father nor mother. A "greater than Abraham", since "Before Abraham was I AM".

So yes, the eternal Word, before He was incarnated took the form of man in the OT, and is shown as the Lord Jesus Christ in the NT.
Come on nehemiah, don't you think I know God the Father cannot be seen? Jesus Himself said so at John 5:37 and John 6:46. And Paul at 1 Timothy 6:16. Jesus Christ is the "ONE and ONLY" physical manifestation of God.

And your statement, "He came sometimes as "the LORD God". He came sometimes as "the Word of God". At other times He came as "the angel of the Lord". At other times He also came as "a man" showing divine attributes." Of course He came as the Lord God because He is God. And of course He came as the Word because the "Word/Logos/Jesus Christ is God. And of course He came or appeared in the form of man because the Bible says so. And finally, of course He came as the angel of the Lord because the angel of the Lord is God. Just read what Hagar said at Genesis 16:13. Also read Exodus 3:1-6 where in the form of a man He is identified as God who appeared to Abraham Isaace and Jacob as well as Moses here in this account.

Now, the angel of the Lord who is the preincarnate Jesus Christ always appeared in the OT as the angel of the Lord. He is "NOT" and never appeared as the man Melchizedek. Look what Genesis 14:18 says, "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought the bread and wine etc. When was Jesus Christ who you say is Melchizedek ever the king of Salem, which today is the city of Jersalem. How long did Jesus Christ rule Salem nehemiah, how many years?

Again, your "pride" forbids you to admit your wrong on this issue, Jesus is not the man or person of Melchizedek. Melchizedek is a "type" or "figure" of Jesus. Read what I posted to you again.

"It's rather obvious you don't know the Biblical "type" or "prefigure" works. A type is a person or thing or event that resembles or personifies something that will come in the future. In other words, it helps the people become familiar with a person or idea before it actually comes on the scene." :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
+You do understand Abraham received the Gospel from Jesus Christ?
We all who believe Him are sanctified for the sprinkling of the Blood of Christ, this would include all the OT personalities who were led by the Holy Spirit.
as a mystery, hidden until the time it should be revealed, but amen - even Genesis 3 is the gospel preached to Adam and the Woman; upon hearing it and understanding he called her 'Eve' :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It is in the Book! Not only does it say that it says the descendants of Abraham will possess the Gate of their enemies.

It is a narrow Gate and few enter by It.
as Samson carried away the gates of Gaza - and the veil was torn, and He, my Gate, holds the keys to the gates of Hades and Sheol! :D

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Who are the Three Angels who came down to Abraham and two of Tham went on to Lot in Sodom?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is only One King of Righteousness who is also the King (Ruler) of Peace. If it is too profound for anyone perhaps anyone is looking for birds in empty nests.

Mar 28, 2016
Who are the Three Angels who came down to Abraham and two of Tham went on to Lot in Sodom?
It would seem the one was a theophany and the others, men as messengers sent out two by two as witnesses of God . The kind we must be careful to not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
Shem or Enoch, neither are supernatural, (without mother of father, beginning of Spirit life or end thereof) .. Why glory in the flesh rather than walking by faith the unseen eternal?

All believer are in the priesthood of saints after the new manner . They are sent out two by two with the gospel in a hope God will apply it to the heart of natural man.
You're welcome to believe what you want. However Enoch walked with Elohim as well as Shem. Noach kept himself pure and was able to hear the voice of Elohim. If this is because of the flesh then doesn't Abraham have something to boast in? No he doesn't what they received was the same good news we have been brought close to.
Unless you understand the mysterious things of the past how could you understand what has now come to us today?
The priesthood has been here from the beginning and is renewed through the life giving spirit of Messiah.

The plan of Elohim was clear in the beginning as the act before the foundation of the universe. Now we have received faith through hearing the truth of the word and trusting in the only one that Heavenly Father sent. We do have a purpose in the redemption given to mankind. That is to submit to the Father's instructions through doing them for understanding and knowledge. Faith comes by hearing the word and faiths fulfillment in a believer's life looks like obedience. If you glory in the flesh by all means trust in your works, however if you glory in the word of instructions that are of the Spirit live to allow Messiah to grow to maturity in you. Shalom in Messiah John Talmid

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
Melchizedek was not Christ the son of God.
He did not die as the final sacrifice for man’s sins. Jesus did.
The most important event in history.
Also Adam is mentioned as the son of God. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for the high priest of the day of Abraham to be known as the King of Righteousness. It would be an appropriate foreshadow of the prince of peace we now know as Messiah. Besides at the time before Israel had any King the Elohim of Heaven and Earth is King.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
The order of Melchizedek is an eternal, royal, priestly order of righteousness and peace. Jesus is our High Priest, who has made each of us to be Melchizedekian priests and kings to rule with Jesus forever. Rev 1:6 "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." By the Spirit within us, we are able ministers of the gospel with both the word and the ministry of reconciliation. Even in New Jerusalem, we'll be priest/kings with Jesus forever, after the order of Melchizedek.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Go to the greek......

Will you please show where in the Word the Good King is said to be a King of Canaan? Thank you….
If you see Melchizedek as the Good King then I have to take in consideration what is written Matthew 13:13 and in such then can you honestly say that I could say anything that you would even consider to possibly be true? OCN

And since you can't then can you at can you show where it is written that Melchizedek was the Good King? OCN

So if you are going hold Melchizedek up as the Good King, then at least familiarize yourself with Luke 16:13 since it is written in Psalms 10:16; The LORD is King for ever and ever:

For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; Heb 7:1

And who else was there to meet Abram following the slaughter of the kings? The king of Sodom? (See Gen 14:17) So who had the king of Sodom fled with in Genesis 14:10 "...and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, and fell there;"

So how do your reconcile Melchizedek, the king of Jerusalem as being without without mother or father or end of life as written in Hebrew 7:3, then howbeit that if he abideth a priest continually as the king of Jerusalem since the king of Jerusalem was slain by Joshua as written in the Jos 10:23-26

And brought forth those five kings unto him out of the cave, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon. And it came to pass, when they brought out those kings unto Joshua, .... And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees:

OCN:Of course not.