what is your favorite filipino style food?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

D3lite

ISAW.............................

S

SweetmorningDew78

I cant lie, they look like intestines on a stick lol
Hahaha yeah!yeah! :D Isaw is a street food in my country :) made from barbecued pig or chicken intestines :)

A

AbbyPia

Kare-kare and Sinigang would be a favorite Filipino dish aside from adobo and caldereta. :)

Psalm34

Dec 24, 2017
I liked halo-halo and I grew to like purple yam (Ube) while I was over there. I was offered balut a few times but I refused it... Hindi masarap, Mabaho balut.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I liked halo-halo and I grew to like purple yam (Ube) while I was over there. I was offered balut a few times but I refused it... Hindi masarap, Mabaho balut.
Someone brought
up the Fil. food thread again=)! And mentioned purple yam... wc is very common at Christmas time, altho almost every time now.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Someone brought up the Fil. food thread again=)! And mentioned purple yam... wc is very common at Christmas time, altho almost every time now.
I like purple food! :D I bought some purple yam in a jar in the Asian section of Walmart, and then was looking up cake recipes for ideas on how to use it, when I came across the freak coconut, also known as macapuno. Very interesting! One of these days I will have to make an ube macapuno cheesecake :)

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Oh, the macapuno! When i was growing up, it was often prepared and sold as sweets or candies, jams and pies too. Of course children often like sweet things. One time when i was old, i cracked a whole macapuno open wc was pearly white inside and i thought why we cannot or do not eat it as regular young coconut (buco), wc is just very, very mildly sweet. And i tried some, wc was good... but i wont eat as much as i can the buco, which is much lighter in the tummy.

Aenon

Jan 31, 2018
yummy..adobo :)

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Your loss then,Filipino foods are very good most of the time.
What is/are your favorite Filipino food? I'm a newbie here so I don't know you well.

American foods are mostly hamburgers, steaks and pastas. Just dine at TGI Friday and you will know the typical American casual dining.

Me, I like menudo, mechadong baka and tinola.