What is your favorite type of animation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I am a big art nerd, so I would imagine there are others that are too 😁

I can certainly say that I enjoy 2D the best, but also styles of 3D that make call backs to 2D techniques.

That and claymation/stop motion.

I think my top styles/studios would be:
Disney
Aardman (Wallace and Gromit)
Studio Ghibli (anime)
Pixar
Lika (stop motion using 3D printed models)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I considered going into animation when I was younger as I was into drawing cartoons but my life took a different direction.

I think all kinds have merit, thought I am not used to the CGI kind these days it just looks artificial. I think 2D has more artistic flair. Hand drawn is hand made.

Other studios that come to mind are Dreamworks and Weta digital.