They are exactly the same thing.Ive never heard of Gods Nature and Christ Nature. Why are they not the same thing?
They are exactly the same thing.Ive never heard of Gods Nature and Christ Nature. Why are they not the same thing?
Ive never heard of Gods Nature and Christ Nature. Why are they not the same thing?
They are exactly the same thing.
Well, I'll probably get some more "fan mail" (yeah, that was sarcasm) for what I'm about to say because some people seem to have the "gift" of misconstruing everything that I say and actually mean, but here goes:
"Femininity" is very attractive to me as well.
I get that women have been abused and denied certain rights or privileges throughout history, and that many women have therefore adopted a sort of "hard" or "fend for themselves" sort of mentality, but if I find a woman who is "soft" (NOT as in being a pushover or a doormat), then my inclinations are always to protect and care for such a woman, and never to possibly hurt her or dominate her in any way, shape, or form.
Anyhow, that's just me being me...come what may.
I agree, but this is one of the saddest truths of all truths.But God can give anyone the wisdom to untangle it and make it all right.
I agree, but this is one of the saddest truths of all truths.
In other words, I honestly don't believe that it's difficult for a man to truly love his wife as Christ loves the church or for a woman to truly reverence her husband as the church reverences Christ IF they both simply seek to fulfill THEIR OWN ROLES, by God's accompanying and more than sufficient grace, within that relationship.
Instead, sad to say, it seems to me that too many men are focused on what women are or aren't doing and vice versa.
It truly breaks my heart...
I'm a very open and honest man, so I'm definitely not trying to evade the first part of this question. It's just that there are so many different variables involved in the correct answer to this question that it might literally take me a lifetime to properly answer this. If I had to try to sum it up in a short statement, then I'd say that God is much more concerned about our eternal destinies than he is about us experiencing a "comfortable ride" during this temporal life. In other words, in order to properly prepare us for eternity, God will oftentimes need to deal directly and even severely with our hearts. Sometimes those dealings will come in the form of healings and deliverances, and other times those dealings will come in the form of rebukes and corrections. Without going into any specific details at the moment, I can honestly say that God sought to deal with both me and my ex in both of these areas on a daily basis in order to properly prepare us for the world to come.
At my end, there were some areas of both sin and inner wounds that weren't fully dealt with in my life until God REALLY turned up the heat. The Bible calls such things "fiery trials", and, like gold that is purified in the fire, God exposed a lot of dross in my life/heart through what I experienced in my marriage. BELIEVE ME, my trials were EXCEEDINGLY HOT...to the point that I literally despaired of life at times. In fact, I recall driving alone in my car one day on the highway while sticking my head out the driver's side window, looking up towards heaven, and literally screaming "ENOUGH!!!"
They say "If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen". Thankfully, I stayed in my fiery trial until the time came that God had removed the dross that needed to be dealt with, and until the time came that my ex ultimately cheated on me repeatedly and then divorced me. I'm a much better man now than I was when I first entered into my marriage covenant, and, as fiery as my trials were, God never released me from the same until the time came that my ex cheated on me and divorced me herself. There are a lot of people, including some people on this very website (based upon their own testimonies that I've read) who seem to believe that there are a host of different acceptable reasons to procure a divorce, but I vehemently disagree. Anyhow, divorce isn't the topic being discussed here, but I felt the need to just mention that anyway.
To this part of your question, I would also add that my marriage affected a lot of other people's lives as well that God wanted to do works in. I could greatly elaborate on this point while giving many different precise examples, but I won't. Of course, my marriage also resulted in three precious children being born, so there's their lives to consider as well.
Marriage isn't just about snuggling on a sofa while sipping hot chocolate and watching a Hallmark movie. If anybody wants a realistic view of marriage, then I would heartily recommend that they just read their Bibles from cover to cover. In other words, as I've rightly stated many times on this website before, God's covenant with his people is likened to a marriage covenant all throughout scripture. If anyone reading this thinks that THAT "marriage" was/is all fun and games, then I honestly question their sanity. Marriage is messy, and it's definitely not for the weak-minded. I'm NOT trying to make it sound like all gloom and doom because it isn't, but it's no day at the beach either...unless we're talking about a scene from the movie "Jaws"...lol.
This part of your question is much easier to answer.
Ultimately, my marriage failed because, despite all of the healings and deliverances which God had wrought in my ex's life, she ultimately didn't want to live the type of self-sacrificing Christian life that Christ calls each and every one of us to. It was NEVER an issue of me telling her things to do that she didn't want to do. Instead, it was definitely and always an issue of her not wanting to do the things that God himself was showing her to do.
There were many times throughout our marriage that my ex came to me and told me of either a dream, or vision, or word that the Lord (not me) had given her. On every such occasion, I knew that it was the Lord himself who had told her or shown her the things that she was hearing or seeing. It simply wasn't what she wanted, and she ultimately renounced Christ/Christianity while trying to destroy me continually throughout the ongoing process. In other words, rather than just be honest with the Christian community that we were then a part of, my ex sought to demonize me continually (as in multiple times every single day for many years) as one who was guilty of both domestic violence and multiple accounts of child abuse. In fact, she ultimately pressed such phony charges against me in a court of law, and I needed to appear in court to defend myself. I was found to be totally innocent of the charges, but my ex ultimately got what she wanted. In other words, the gullible/undiscerning "church", including more than one "pastor" (read: HIRELING), helped her tremendously during that whole ordeal (she fleeced them for all sorts of monies and other material goods) while they all shunned me as if I was Satan himself.
Anyhow, as crazy as this sounds, my ex actually cooked me dinner last night...so go figure. There's definitely no chance of reconciliation between the two of us, but we're quite amicable now (as in now that she got everything that she truly desired), and I still pray for her daily. Her home is littered with all sorts of idols, and she's into all sorts of Eastern demonically-inspired religions, and she regularly takes Jesus' name in vain now. It's horrifying to watch, but she has her own free will.
I'm still trying to reach my own children who were caught up in this whole mess and greatly turned away from Christ/Christianity (especially my two daugthers...my son wasn't as swayed as his sisters were) in the process. Just last night, I had the privilege to speak to one of my daughters for about 30 minutes on her necessity to receive Christ as her own Lord and Savior. BELIEVE ME, while we were still living together as a family, I taught my children on every topic imaginable from the Bible, so they're no rookies when it comes to knowledge of the same. Anyhow, I'd rate our conversation last night somewhere around the 50/50 mark. In other words, there were some things that I shared with my daughter that she agreed with and others that she vehemently rejected. As I said before, marriage is no joke...especially if children are involved.
I hope that this somewhat answered your questions.
This is pretty hard to explain in words (but I understand it in my heart), but I'll try (and probably fail terribly in properly explaining it).
In a very real sense, I'm still a teenager in my heart. In other words, I still have that pure type of desire to just be with a woman and know what is in her heart without all of life's complications and baggage piled on top of it. When I perceive that I've found someone who is simply kind or tender-hearted, then I find that extremely attractive. Again, this attractiveness is much more a heart or spirit connection than it is anything outward in nature.
Although I'm quite sure that many people, certain women especially, don't view me this way, I'm truly a man who is not the least bit interested in strife. I simply desire to just love a woman while sharing our hearts openly with each other. In today's world, where people have experienced all sorts of hurts, and in which many people have erected walls in their hearts to protect themselves from more of the same, it's not easy to find what I'm actually looking for. That said, I'm definitely NOT opposed to finding a woman who has past hurts while trying to help her through the same. In fact, I spent the bulk of my marriage attempting to do just that with my now ex even while she was seeking to destroy me continually. At the same time, if a woman won't let me into her heart, even if in slow increments over a period of time, then I lose all interest in her because she's not willing to let me know who she really is.
Anyhow, whether anybody reading this believes it or not (not that I think most people even care), I'm truly all about matters of the heart.
I'm finding them just by living my life in this world daily. Sometimes I might find such a woman while at work, or on social media, or even right here on this website (I've privately interacted with quite a few women here).
It's the actresses that really bother me.
If there's anything that I absolutely ABHOR ("hate" isn't strong enough of a word to describe it), then it's pretense or superficiality. Why people even bother to engage in the same is a bit of a mystery to me. I honestly believe that such people are sick in the head, but that's just my personal assessment. I mean, why even bother playing games with somebody? Again, to me, it's sick, and I've encountered some people like that right here on this very website and plenty more elsewhere.
So great is my ABHORENCE of pretense that I actually designed the hoodie pictured below which depicts a man walking away from pretense, and I purchased it for myself a while back in order to let women know to not even bother playing games with me:
View attachment 242187
Anyhow, I hope that this answers your questions.
There's no chance whatsoever of my ex and me ever getting back together. She hates Christ, Christianity, and Christians like me by extension.Are you waiting or looking for another wife, hoping to get back with your ex, or just taking things a day at a time?
As hard as this may be for you or others to believe, if someone was to ask me who the top three people who I know AND RESPECT are, then I'd honestly give out the names of three people who have told me to my face that they can't stand me. I can respect honesty, even if I disagree with what the other party is honestly telling me. Contrariwise, I ABHOR people who sweet-talk me while something totally different is truly in their hearts.
Excuse the soon-coming emoticon and my plainness of speech, but I know that they're full ofNot hard to believe. In 2002, I was talking by phone to a pastor friend of mine. He was at a restaurant and got angry at what I was telling hin. He excused himself from the table, stepped outside, and told me, "If you ever talk to me like that, I will come over there and kick your ass!" The 'me' in me almost responded, "Pick a place and a time and let's do it." Instead, I hung up with a sense of relief. This was the first time this pastor had ever been transparent, and I felt good though he'd cussed at me.
You should ask God to give you discernment so you can see beneath people's pretensions and know behind what they want you to know. That way, you won't have to rely on people to tell you what you what they're like or what they're up to. Instead, you'll be able to pick it up with your spirit. It may sound too simplistic, but if you ask God for this type of discernment (ask and keep asking) and your motives are right, God will begin to give it to you (you might not notice it at first or/and it might begin very slowly). Here's a story about a time when God gave me something like this that I asked for:
It was several years ago, and my best friend was a new christian and had a lot of zeal for God. My zeal had worn off, so one day we were talking about it. He told me, "You have wisdom, and I have zeal." I told him, "I want what you have, and you want what I have. So, let's both pray: you pray for me to get what you have, and I'll pray for you to get what I have." It made sense to us, so we began to pray from that day. No more than two weeks later, I suddenly realized that I had the same zeal my friend had. But two things happened with him: he didn't get the wisdom he wanted from God, and a few years later he totally lost his zeal for God and abandoned his walk with Christ. The difference between him and I-- the reason I received what I desired and he didn't receive what he desired was based on our heart motives. I wanted zeal so I could have the motivation I needed to pursue God; but he was inclined towards self-glory or using his gifts and whatever he had to make himself look good, therefore, God didn't give him wisdom to squander on himself. Ask God to give you the discernment to see through people's surface, exterior, facade.That way, you'll be able to make good and wise decisions about relationships without having to wait and see if the person is real or fake. You'll begin to pick up on what type of person you're dealing with, even during initial interactions. The cliche "First impressions mean everything" will fly the coop, and you'll have a far better chance of finding a godly spouse if that's what you're looking for.
SonsofCaleb do you work in psychology or law?Sorry that happened to you. There are way too many nightmare stories like yours out there. My friend has two boys and one girl. Her two boys made up their minds for God; her daughter made up her mind for the world. If I could, I would definitely pray, "Lord, please give me only sons." But you can't pray that, so the only type of daughters I want would be of the same disposition as Job's second batch of daughters: Jemimah, Keziah, Keren-Happuch. They were strikingly beautiful both inwardly and outwardly. "In all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job; and their father gave them an inheritance among their brothers" (Job 42:15). I do not want anything less, and if I have to go through a lot of suffering, it's worth it for daughters like those. Otherwise, please no daughters at all.
Marriage isn't easy, no. I've heard all the downsides and negative aspects of marriage and of everything else, but I always look for the answers and solutions. Before I met God, I was a pessimist; when I met God, I became an optimist; now, I'm a realist. Most of my clients at work are women. Some are married. I get to see the ugly side of women on a near-daily basis when these women are willing or eager to cheat on their husbands and boyfriends (not that they say it, but "most communication is nonverbal" and women communicate nonverbally far more than men do). I know the bad news very well. But there is good news too.
Are you waiting or looking for another wife, hoping to get back with your ex, or just taking things a day at a time?
Excuse the soon-coming emoticon and my plainness of speech, but I know that they're full ofright from the get go.
I just said that they're pretentious.
I didn't say that I wasn't aware of it.
My "problem" is that I hang around too long while giving people opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to just come clean WITH THEMSELVES.
Sad to say, they never do.
It is what it is.
SonsofCaleb do you work in psychology or law?