What Kind of Husband Do You Want?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Once again you make unwarranted assumptions.
Okay, well, I read his original question and saw your first response. I made my assumptions based on your words. Once again.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Have you seen the OP's other thread in which he "quotes" his own interpretation of Genesis in which he states that women are "crazy" and "rebellious", and this is why they need a man to rule over them?

He has said "Goodbye" in his posts to anyone who disagrees with him, and it seems he has them on ignore, as he just reiterates his own opinion and then answers them no more. So he has a good part of the audiences from his other threads on ignore already, and won't answer them.

Any woman reading his threads is going to know that what she says is welcome only if it fits the OP's ideas of theology and the "wall" (hatred) he insists on between men and women.

It doesn't make for a very inviting atmosphere in which to answer his threads, especially if you're a female.
Ahh... well, all I can say is is that I'm guilty of not reading every single contribution every single person makes in these conversations. I have neither the time nor the interest to do so. If I miss something, it's because I have other things in my life that require my attention.

If being cognizant of what everyone says all the time is a prerequisite for contributing to threads, then I'll never qualify.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Any woman reading his threads is going to know that what she says is welcome only if it fits the OP's ideas of theology and the "wall" (hatred) he insists on between men and women.

It doesn't make for a very inviting atmosphere in which to answer his threads, especially if you're a female.
I'm curious... then why do any of you waste your time?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Ahh... well, all I can say is is that I'm guilty of not reading every single contribution every single person makes in these conversations. I have neither the time nor the interest to do so. If I miss something, it's because I have other things in my life that require my attention.

If being cognizant of what everyone says all the time is a prerequisite for contributing to threads, then I'll never qualify.
No worries.

I certainly don't catch every post, so we all just kind of try to help fill in the blanks as we go along.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I'm curious... then why do any of you waste your time?
Most often, I'm trying to bring out more from other users I'd like to know more about.

I also often post to let audience members know there are other viewpoints out there.

Many times, my posts are for the ones reading and not the OP or person I may disagree with.

Sometimes I get a PM saying thanks for speaking up.

That's not the reason why I post, but it lets me know that it might be something someone needs to hear, and that very much makes it worth the time.

God taught me that sometimes the most important audience is the one who says nothing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Okay, well, I read his original question and saw your first response. I made my assumptions based on your words. Once again.
Where did I say, in my first response, anything about:

1.) I am content being single?

2.) No man is good enough?

You're content being single because no man is good enough.
I posted a song the question brought to mind. Do you think I wrote it???

Somehow I doubt it. You simply assume too much. And then blame me for your assumptions :sick:

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
I just thought of that guy when I saw those qualities. He checks that entire list.
If I were you, I'd look for an email.
😉
Well...thats not quite what I had in mind. If I edited my list to say:

Im looking for a man to submit to.

I'd like to quit my job and be a stay at home mom. I'll do all the house chores and dinner will be done by the time husband gets home.

If I edit my post with the above, who would you suggest as a potential husband?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

I'd like to quit my job and be a stay at home mom. I'll do all the house chores and dinner will be done by the time husband gets home.

I figured you were joking about that first post and so was I with the video.
See the 17:50 mark on. 😄

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

😄
😉

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
No worries.

I certainly don't catch every post, so we all just kind of try to help fill in the blanks as we go along.
But you see, no one's "helping" me fill in any blanks (with one exception by Live4Him). People get offended and proceed to try to chastise me. Or, I get told "Yeah you better watch yourself, or so-n-so's gonna eat you for lunch and I'm gonna get the popcorn!" What the *bleep* kind of an environment is this? Christian?

Well, I actually have my own answer: It's an online / virtual environment filled with fallen, imperfect people who get more nasty than they would in face to face conversations, despite their salvation. I knew this when signing on. I've dealt with this kind of idiocy before and knew it was here going into this site.

But, that doesn't make it less frustrating to deal with. Taking into account our fallen selves, can we try to be less smart-assy about things, less provocative or less inclined to incite an argument? People, I don't read every post. Sometimes I may -- *gasp* -- misread something. Give me -- and everyone else here for that matter -- the benefit of the doubt. Ask them for clarification first. Look before you leap. Now you could say, 'You should take your own advice', and sometimes that would be the correct counsel. Sometimes it would be the wrong counsel. I no doubt missed about 20 intervening posts because I have something called a job. And, I have something called hobbies. I also have chores. And, I actually have times I don't want to sit in front of my computer.

Among my failings: I can be tough, blunt, and also hypersensitive and insecure. All of that confusion lives inside of me. I sometimes may read a post in one of those lights. I confess this here and now. But, some of the a-hole responses get here (and not just toward me; I see others receiving the same garbage) are not edifying or helpful. I may not be aware of what I've done, and I need it pointed out to me.

I will try to remember to take my own advice here. Will you all?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Most often, I'm trying to bring out more from other users I'd like to know more about.

I also often post to let audience members know there are other viewpoints out there.

Many times, my posts are for the ones reading and not the OP or person I may disagree with.

Sometimes I get a PM saying thanks for speaking up.

That's not the reason why I post, but it lets me know that it might be something someone needs to hear, and that very much makes it worth the time.

God taught me that sometimes the most important audience is the one who says nothing.
Fair enough. And, smart.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
But you see, no one's "helping" me fill in any blanks (with one exception by Live4Him). People get offended and proceed to try to chastise me. Or, I get told "Yeah you better watch yourself, or so-n-so's gonna eat you for lunch and I'm gonna get the popcorn!" What the *bleep* kind of an environment is this? Christian?

Well, I actually have my own answer: It's an online / virtual environment filled with fallen, imperfect people who get more nasty than they would in face to face conversations, despite their salvation. I knew this when signing on. I've dealt with this kind of idiocy before and knew it was here going into this site.

But, that doesn't make it less frustrating to deal with. Taking into account our fallen selves, can we try to be less smart-assy about things, less provocative or less inclined to incite an argument? People, I don't read every post. Sometimes I may -- *gasp* -- misread something. Give me -- and everyone else here for that matter -- the benefit of the doubt. Ask them for clarification first. Look before you leap. Now you could say, 'You should take your own advice', and sometimes that would be the correct counsel. Sometimes it would be the wrong counsel. I no doubt missed about 20 intervening posts because I have something called a job. And, I have something called hobbies. I also have chores. And, I actually have times I don't want to sit in front of my computer.

Among my failings: I can be tough, blunt, and also hypersensitive and insecure. All of that confusion lives inside of me. I sometimes may read a post in one of those lights. I confess this here and now. But, some of the a-hole responses get here (and not just toward me; I see others receiving the same garbage) are not edifying or helpful. I may not be aware of what I've done, and I need it pointed out to me.

I will try to remember to take my own advice here. Will you all?
Sir, yes, Sir.

(And I actually do mean that.)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Where did I say, in my first response, anything about:

1.) I am content being single?

2.) No man is good enough?

I posted a song the question brought to mind. Do you think I wrote it???

Somehow I doubt it. You simply assume too much. And then blame me for your assumptions :sick:
Yeah okay. I explained myself. Your words were succinct and clear. You deny what they sound like and accuse me of assuming. Fine. I'm not going to keep going around on this ride.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah okay. I explained myself. Your words were succinct and clear. You deny what they sound
like and accuse me of assuming. Fine. I'm not going to keep going around on this ride.
Good. Because I said no such thing in my first post despite your denials of that FACT.

Unfortunately it is beneath you to admit your error.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Men who refuse to take personal responsibility need not apply...

Brings another song to mind :unsure::giggle:

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Men who refuse to take personal responsibility need not apply...

Brings another song to mind :unsure::giggle:
Ok....
I took the Lindbergh baby....it was me!

Oh wait!
I'm happily married....meaning it's always my wife's fault..

I have the innocence of Jesus covering me....to accuse me is to accuse God himself. You got nothing on me!

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
I figured you were joking about that first post and so was I with the video.
See the 17:50 mark on. 😄
I wasnt joking.

The joke was the second post.

My husband will be an imperfect person, just as myself so there is no need to submit to him.

He need to submit to God, just as I need to submit to God.

Aside from that, he will have a mind of his own, just as I have my own thoughts.

If he wants chicken for dinner but i want fish, then guesss what? It will be chicken and fish on the menu. He has his chicken, I have my fish.

And when decisions has to be made, we will discuss it and come to an informed, well thought out plan that we both agree on. Im not expecting that my husband will make decisions without consulting me or on my behalf, and neither will I.

Im not domineering, and I dont want a weak man to boss around.

Another thing to add to my list, I want a husband who is also a friend, and submission is not a requirement in friendship. A requirement of friendship is respect. A lot of husbands dont know the meaning of respect, but they want submission.🥴

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
HERE is your man!

All he wants is a Soy milk latte' every morning and he is good. You go girl😄.
Hilarious, if I met that guy in the
Just because God uses something (or some one) dies not elevate them. God used a donkey, doesn't mean that donkey, or any donkey, was anything special. It means God used what was available to teach a lesson. At the end of the day it was just another jackass, no different than any other. So that idea that if God uses a jackass to teach you raises its value is a falsehood.
You are misinterpreting what I said but thats ok you can do that. Its your opinion and I have mine. Nothing in what I said implies that someone or something is special or implies God only uses special things or people. You lose the message of his threads if youre busy trying to say something negative about him, just because either of you disagreed at one point in time. Your jackass analogy was in poor form Subhumanoidal. My value of God my understanding of God went up because I took the time to read what he had to say, and I do that with Seoulsearchs threads, I do that with others threads.

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
I think it needs to be said, that if I learned some truth about myself, womanhood, relationships, and most importantly about God through reading SonsOfCaleb's threads then surely that is a good thing and not something to be offended or mocked over? That his posts have brought me closer to our God that I long for is not a bad thing, surely?
And Im not a woman that hates other women. I think what he had to say can only raise women up if they take away the Im offended part and replace it with Okay Im going to try and understand the point hes trying to make. Can we pray on this please?
Food for thought and prayer

I don't really expect an answer. I am just posting this for you to consider and pray about.

TheNarrowPath - You said that you learned some truth about yourself, womanhood, relationships and God through reading SonofCaleb's threads.

During Jesus's ministry on earth, He taught people to “SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES, because you think you will find eternal life in them. The Scriptures tell about me." John 5:39

And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. Acts 17:11

STUDY to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15

Questions:

What truth did you learn from reading SonofCaleb's posts?

Did you search and study the scriptures to see if what SonofCaleb wrote was true?

Are there literal, quotable and citeable Bible verses that support SonofCaleb's claims?

Just wondering …

Warning from Apostle Paul

These are the kind of people who smooth-talk themselves into the homes of unstable and needy women and take advantage of them; women who, depressed by their sinfulness, take up with every new religious fad that calls itself “truth.” They get exploited every time and never really learn. These men are like those old Egyptian frauds Jannes and Jambres, who challenged Moses. They were rejects from the faith, twisted in their thinking, defying truth itself.
2 Timothy 3:6 Message Translation

You’re going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They’ll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you’re doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God’s servant. 2 Tim 4:3 Message

Part of doing a thorough job as God's servant is searching and studying the scriptures to see if what people - sinners (Romans 3:23) are telling us is true and to see if there are literal, quotable and citeable Bible verses to support what we are being told.

I've been a member of Christianchat for a while. I have learned that many of the members on CC are knowledgeable about the scriptures. They recognize when someone is posting something that cannot be supported with literal, quotable, citable Bible verses and sound interpretation, and many will find that offensive. They will call the poster on it.

I noticed on the other thread that some asked SonofCaleb for specific Bible verses to support his assertions, and he ignored their requests for scripture citation. That is always a red flag.

The focal point of my post is not about SonofCaleb and his assertions. My post is about the vital importance of searching and studying the scriptures to see if what people - sinners (Rom 3:23) are telling us is true.