What Makes a Woman "A Lady"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Why you have to make this difficult. I am clearly a simple person looking for simple solutions but no you have to bring up something I did not even consider like my lips can be read........LOL
We ladies have a way of working around obstacles, er, I mean, challenges. ;)

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
We ladies have a way of working around obstacles, er, I mean, challenges. ;)
If you mean the corner of your lips begins to raise up in satisfaction as you torture a man, to which women just find this a challenge. I would have to fully agree ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If you mean the corner of your lips begins to raise up in satisfaction as you torture a man, to which women just find this a challenge. I would have to fully agree ;)
Oh, I've had my fair share of times when a man loved to torture me with drunkenness and/or irresponsibility, so believe me, I've paid a few dues. :LOL:

This, of course, is why I'm somewhat contentedly single. :)

Best wishes to you in your search for a deaf mute woman who never fights back and never has anything to say in return! ;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why you have to make this difficult. I am clearly a simple person looking for simple solutions but no you have to bring up something I did not even consider like my lips can be read........LOL
There's also sign language and body language to consider.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Oh, I've had my fair share of times when a man loved to torture me with drunkenness and/or irresponsibility, so believe me, I've paid a few dues. :LOL:

This, of course, is why I'm somewhat contentedly single. :)

Best wishes to you in your search for a deaf mute woman who never fights back and never has anything to say in return! ;)
You have a good sense of humor and you ask thought provoking questions. So you may just be single cause guys think wow I just came for the sprint but this gal is a marathon of depth. We do know when we are outclassed sometimes.

Please like we both don't already know how that search will end......LOL A woman for sure is the greatest of adventures. Every great story and every tragic story in my life begins with the words..........There was this girl. Which every scar on my body begins with the words..... there was this girl followed closely by hey watch this.......LOL

Best wishes to you may our Lord bless your endeavors :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
There's also sign language and body language to consider.
I have a friend who speaks in another language that I have pretty much zero knowledge of, but there are times when I can tell what he's saying, or at least, guess the general topic he's talking about, all because of the context and the way he emotes his voice. :ROFL:

It definitely keeps him on his toes, just in case he's planning on trying to sneak anything by! :mad::cool::LOL:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Every great story and every tragic story in my life begins with the words..........There was this girl. Which every scar on my body begins with the words..... there was this girl followed closely by hey watch this.......LOL

Best wishes to you may our Lord bless your endeavors :)
I am so sorry for all the things you've been through, and I really hope the future is brighter for you, but my goodness, what an astute observation.

A friend was asking me just the other day about my experiences with childhood bullying, as he unfortunately has many incidences he remembers. The funny thing for me is, while I can remember the kids laughing at me, I can't remember exactly what it was they were laughing about, aside from "the usual" (remarks about slanted eyes, etc.) It all seems so long ago that it just doesn't matter so much anymore.

BUT, if you ask me about my most prominent scars that are most definitely still there -- pretty much every. single. one. would start out with the words, "Well, there was this guy..."

Goodness gracious.

How is it that we've all bought into the idea that "finding someone" will "make it all better" when the search alone nearly kills us.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
I am so sorry for all the things you've been through, and I really hope the future is brighter for you, but my goodness, what an astute observation.

A friend was asking me just the other day about my experiences with childhood bullying, as he unfortunately has many incidences he remembers. The funny thing for me is, while I can remember the kids laughing at me, I can't remember exactly what it was they were laughing about, aside from "the usual" (remarks about slanted eyes, etc.) It all seems so long ago that it just doesn't matter so much anymore.

BUT, if you ask me about my most prominent scars that are most definitely still there -- pretty much every. single. one. would start out with the words, "Well, there was this guy..."

Goodness gracious.

How is it that we've all bought into the idea that "finding someone" will "make it all better" when the search alone nearly kills us.
Oh no, not at all. I am tongue in cheek and really do make fun of myself for my own humor to laugh at myself.

My story is I came to Christ as a kid and about my teen years I went prodigal and spent the next 30 plus years backslidden and prodigal and only came back to the Lord like 3 years ago cause found you just can't swim upstream or kick against the pricks.

So a lot of my comments are me laughing at myself and just saying yeah Lord I know I am thick....LOL Reckon a private joke between me and the Lord how one man can sure be thick......LOL

So when I say things like every tragic story in my life has a gal involved, it is humor. I am reminding myself of how thick I can be. For example one period of my life I worked as a roofer. I live in Colorado so snow and mountains are a thing. So a roof I was on it had snowed on it that eve. So the next day when I was working was just cold and wet and got tired of how much it hurt hitting my fingers with the hammer.

So I called it a day and climbed down and headed over to my uncles to spend the rest of the day drinking beer with him and just clowning around. So the day progressed on and figured heck is about quitting time so better call my wife. Well between that thought and calling her I figured heck I am just gonna hang out more and drink some more.

So I called my ex and said hey this job is a hard one so gonna be longer and not sure when I will get home. She replied back you are at your uncles and that is cool go ahead and stay and have fun. Well I was already into the lie so I could have just come clean but no I wanted to double down.

So I replied back wow here I am busting my tail for my family and you wanna say I am hanging out. She laughed and said it is ok I know you are at your uncles and that is fine, but don't lie, it's all good.

Well never being one to learn quickly I doubled down again and protested how offended I was she would even think such. She replied back you are a idiot did you forget we have caller ID. I replied back I will be home in about twenty minutes honey.

My scars are of my own self making. I could be on a motorcycle and see a couple gals and think I am gonna impress them. I am gonna pop a wheelie. Find myself in the emergency room getting stitches and all the road rash cleaned out and think to myself why do I do these things to myself....LOL

So that is my scars and tragedy my own self making and how those stories all begin with there was this girl....LOL

So no my life has been comedic and never boring as I can be thick...........LOL My apologies I was not clear I was making fun of myself and what I get me into......LOL

My heart does go out to you for what you have experienced and grateful that we have the Lord to heal us with our emotional distraught. So I am sorry your experiences with men has not been all pleasant.

So honestly when you read me most of the time I am just making fun of myself and what I have gotten myself into so is tongue in cheek.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Goodness gracious.
Someone less gracious might say "Well, there was this jerk..."

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sure you have. It's that TV show Donald Trump runs, that ranks women.
He was just an Apprentice. Actually, the Donald did have a nubility ranking system. Guy was kind of crude.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Someone less gracious might say "Well, there was this jerk..."
Some people believe guy and jerk are synonymous.

Then there are some people who believe girl and a certain other word are also synonymous. We won't go there though.