What Offends You?

• Thread starter Siberian_Khatru
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
When someone disrespects me in any way. That offends me. I feel like they should know that I am not to be disrespected. And there are consequences for their actions if they do. Maybe I'm wrong for that, but I feel like if people think they can walk all over you they will. And they need a reality check if they overstep their boundaries. Everyone deserves respect until they prove otherwise. Regardless of what they look like or how cool you think they are.
What kind of consequences?

Jun 23, 2015
How about we do as God has instructed us!!

[h=1] Philippians 4:7-9
[/h] [SUP]7 [/SUP]And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Feb 21, 2012
What kind of consequences?
That all depends. Different situations call for different actions. Some times the consequesnces may be as simple as cutting a person off and not hanging out with them anymore. To show them I will not tolerate disresepct. But in extreme instances. Like for example, if someone took a 20 dollar bill out of my hand and told me Im a sissy so they will not give it back. I may have to take it back by force. I don't let people bully me. If I'm dealing with someone that thinks they can bully me and take things away from me and I won't do anything about it. They are dead wrong. If someone takes money out of my hand and won't give it back that is not only disrespectful. THat is robbery. And I don't know kung fu. But I do know crazy.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
That all depends. Different situations call for different actions. Some times the consequesnces may be as simple as cutting a person off and not hanging out with them anymore. To show them I will not tolerate disresepct. But in extreme instances. Like for example, if someone took a 20 dollar bill out of my hand and told me Im a sissy so they will not give it back. I may have to take it back by force. I don't let people bully me. If I'm dealing with someone that thinks they can bully me and take things away from me and I won't do anything about it. They are dead wrong. If someone takes money out of my hand and won't give it back that is not only disrespectful. THat is robbery. And I don't know kung fu. But I do know crazy.
The best move in martial arts is walking away in order to avoid confrontation. When people won't allow you to walk away, then you introduce them to both, martial arts and crazy.

There's hope in you yet, Phil. Apply your logic to terrorism and you'll be on point.

B

biblicalsandy

No one likes to be treated in these ways, but I don't think vengeance is ours...[h=1]Luke 6:30King James Version (KJV)[/h]30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

When I moved into the place I live in now..In the process of moving things from one place to another, someone broke into my new place, and took almost everything..including my all my towels (which were mixed matched, and not in good shape). Yes, I was sad.."How could someone do this?" The Holy Spirit brought to me though, to just let it go, and continue in life with new. I knew it was someone from the complex, but did not know which one. I had my thoughts about who, as they treated me different from other in the building for no reason. I still, let it go! 6 months later, the person was getting evicted, and even tried to blame me..and say that I needed to find Jesus. Angered by what she said, I told her to go away! As she moved, she did not get the stuff out of the apartment according to the eviction..As the managers cleaned the apartment, getting it ready for the junk yard or to sell..there was my stuff..99% was returned to me. Was happy for the return, as it was more important to get my friend's sewing machine back, that was stolen too..I was able to return it to her! Was there reason to take vengeance into my own hands? I say no, she was pregnant, with a young child, and was suffering with cancer..Life was hard enough for her, and I was seeing it get worse without touching her!

Love you brother Phil

C

cmarieh

What offends me the most are people who are contentious, always looking for an argument out of anything that is said. I desire to be around people that are peaceful and encouraging.

Dec 4, 2015
This may be an unpopular opinion but Islam offends me, I live in the Uk one of the most liberal societies on the planet, I am sick of hearing about Islamaphobia, (not a real phobia btw) why cant the muslim population just admit that Islam is not a religion of peace? after the Charlie hebdo cartoonists were murdered in Paris the bbc conducted a poll in Britain asking british muslims if they had any sympathy for the motives of the attackers, the results were both shocking and worrying, 27% of british muslims said they had some sympathy for the motives, one in four, I am offended that these people who call themselves british citizens can have such a narrow world view, I also am offended by the fact that Islam thinks that it is above scrutiny or question which it is not. Say Islam is a religion of peace or we will kill you .....

PhnxPr2416

Feb 11, 2015
People saying f*** the Bible.
People burning Bibles in satanic rituals
Satanic rituals
People burning Bibles for any reason
People worshipping Satan in front of me
People worshipping Saints
People using God's name in vain
People calling me rude names
People not respecting my boundaries
People saying they are my friend and then not giving me the time of day.
People who think they are better than the rest of the world because they are "saved"
Rude hand gestures
Being called "pretty" over and over and over
The pope

So there you have it. That is what I am offended by. There is probably more but I will post that later.

Okay, I'm like, everything on that list, except the second to last one. No one ever calls me pretty. AM I PRETTY ENOUGH????(Just kidding)

RageFace.png

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
So my question to being offended. Does being offended lead to anger most the time? In the past I would say yes when I got offended. So according to the bible should we get offended over things?
I don't get angry at being offended -- what's the point? I really just try to avoid things that offend me -- like almost everything on TV...

You can't control what other people say or do, so the only thing you have control over is how you react to it -- I'll usually just walk away from it (or turn the channel...).

PhnxPr2416

Feb 11, 2015
I don't get angry at being offended -- what's the point? I really just try to avoid things that offend me -- like almost everything on TV...

You can't control what other people say or do, so the only thing you have control over is how you react to it -- I'll usually just walk away from it (or turn the channel...).
I used to be more like that. I enjoyed being like that.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
People who say the F word twenty times in one sentence. People who call others the N word. People who are ignorant, stupid and uneducated because they choose to be that way..

JFSurvivor

Jan 20, 2015
This may be an unpopular opinion but Islam offends me, I live in the Uk one of the most liberal societies on the planet, I am sick of hearing about Islamaphobia, (not a real phobia btw) why cant the muslim population just admit that Islam is not a religion of peace? after the Charlie hebdo cartoonists were murdered in Paris the bbc conducted a poll in Britain asking british muslims if they had any sympathy for the motives of the attackers, the results were both shocking and worrying, 27% of british muslims said they had some sympathy for the motives, one in four, I am offended that these people who call themselves british citizens can have such a narrow world view, I also am offended by the fact that Islam thinks that it is above scrutiny or question which it is not. Say Islam is a religion of peace or we will kill you .....
*applauds*

SkittlePumpkin

Sep 13, 2015
I get weirdly offended when people tell me I'm too young to know what certain things are or who certain people are. Or like...when a client asks what kind of anti-aging cream they should use, and I make a professional, knowledgeable recommendation and tell them all about the ingredients and formulation and what makes it effective, often they'll make some comment about how I'm too young to know about wrinkles. Then they'll go ask someone else. I'm like...why did you ask for my opinion then? Now you're gonna go to one of my colleagues who is closer to your own age so they can tell you the exact same thing I just did. Then you'll buy it cause they recommended it.

B

blueorchidjd

When people of 'God' talk about the things of God as if they are random or irrelevant...a.k.a. the inability to see the deep things of God as normal things of God.

M

MYSAVIORJESUSCHRIST

I'm offended by people who are offended.

So everyone in this forum is offending me.:p

S

StrongHardWorkingLeader

When people protest fallen service memembers' funerals.

A

Abing

Self-righteousness annoys me. It may or may not offend me. I try not to get offended by it (though sometimes it can be hard :p), cause then, I too, become just as self-righteous (like, it is justifiable for me to be offended by that). I mean, people are like, we have the right to be offended, but then again, we have the Power, not to be. But to answer this question, mine is self-righteousness.

Last edited:
S

Siberian_Khatru

I get weirdly offended when people tell me I'm too young to know what certain things are or who certain people are.
It's silly, right? I get this when it comes to music.

"You're too young to know who Sam Cooke is." :rolleyes:

Abing, I like what you said about having the power to not be offended. Many - if not all - of us are very often slaves to our emotions.

By the way, I really appreciate everyone sharing. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

I think it's your turn :p.
blue_ladybug. :p

Honestly... I'm not sure that anything actually does. I'm not apt to internalize things and I don't typically react emotionally to things I dislike or disagree with.