T
How many jobs do you think a trillion dollars could help make?I've been virtually unemployed for a couple of years now. It's frustrating.
How many jobs do you think a trillion dollars could help make?
I believe the figures are based on 'individual' but I'm considering it as 'y'all'That poll, does it mean "you" as in you, or "you" as in yall? Because I'm not sure if you're asking for a household income or a personal income.
Teachers are paid via taxes. All that money that is not being used to support living wage jobs is also not supporting the tax base. If companies paid taxes on the dollars they earned how many more teachers do you think they'd be able to hire? Would more teachers make smaller class sizes? Would smaller class sizes help students learn better? Hey you, applauding GE's deft dodge at paying taxes. You're supporting corporate industry to help your kids stay stupid. But hey that's their right?I don't know. Many? I'm a trained primary school teacher. But also male.
I don't know. Many? I'm a trained primary school teacher. But also male.
Brother Tin, my heart (and prayers) go out to you.
Hang in there, the Lord is never late.
I'm not sure my wants decreased. My space and income did though. lolThen there are those of us who only live on Social Security (which has not raised me one cent for 2 years). Beginning in January, same thing. More just keeps going to Medicare, etc., but I still feel like I'm rich - and it has very little to do with money.
As you get older, you want less, buy less, and I've discovered eat less, and it is like Jesus when he blessed the little loaves and fishes to feed thousands. Somehow He blesses the little I get and my needs are always met.
Oh, man! You're just showing off now. lollove your post Joi,
please try and not to get jealous, but I got a $1.00 raise where I live!!!![]()
At 30k that means 53% of this country makes less than you do. That's over half. And assuming there's 2 of you that means you don't even double the poverty line (16k for 2). Do you think it's right that so many people live that close to the poverty line while corporations sit on trillions that their employees helped them earn?
That's basic self interest. I did get a job from a poor man once, but he had no work, so I never got paid. Because of that, I leaned toward jobs from rich people after that....there seems to be an awful lot of support for the rich on this website...
Again, it's the "workers are paid" part that most workers are willing to accept the rest. Workers are very into getting paid.It manifests in the mindset that this is perfectly acceptable CEO Pay Continues to Rise as Typical Workers Are Paid Less | Economic Policy Institute
Without the rich, none of us would have jobs. None of us! And think how bad off all the "Entitlement People" would be if they had no one from whom to siphon their own living expenses? That "free" money they live off doesn't grow on trees. Without rich people creating the jobs we work to make the tax money the leaches of society sponge, they would be up the creek without a paddle....there seems to be an awful lot of support for the rich on this website...
Teachers are paid via taxes. All that money that is not being used to support living wage jobs is also not supporting the tax base. If companies paid taxes on the dollars they earned how many more teachers do you think they'd be able to hire? Would more teachers make smaller class sizes? Would smaller class sizes help students learn better? Hey you, applauding GE's deft dodge at paying taxes. You're supporting corporate industry to help your kids stay stupid. But hey that's their right?
How about that Mobius strip trip to the guilt pin?
But really, you applaud GE's ability to dodge taxes and you deny TinTin of the job he needs to give your kids the education they need to see thru GE's largess. Which you evidently can't do.
What's stopping you from starting your own business?Sorry another interruption.
Joi you are right. We should trust God to provide and be happy with what He gives us.
But there are other issues in play here.
We are charged with being good stewards of our 'talents'. We trade our time for compensation. If we do not insist on receiving fair compensation then we are not being good stewards of that 'talent'. If you accept wages that are not comparable with your 'talent' then you are hiding your talents in the ground.
Too, by giving the rich a pass on hording wealth we do them wrong in 2 ways... First we tempt them to horde more... this is a mentality that says 'it's never enough'. The more they get the more they want. And the more they have to put the screws to working stiffs to get it.
Secondly, and this is my main concern, we let them get drawn away from God. The link in my previous post references a webpage that has compiled 54 scriptures that all in effect say you cannot serve God and money, and where your riches are there is your heart. Our hearts belong to God not in the bank. Jesus told the rich man to sell it all and support the poor and he would see God's kingdom. The man walked away depressed because his heart was in his riches. THIS above all bothers me. To hear so many here with their hearts in their bank accounts and not invested in God. And so many more who are evidently intent on enabling that.
For a long time I have heard that in the end it will cost a day's wages to buy a day's food. The assumption was that food would be that costly. But now I wonder how much it could rest on a days wages being so incredibly insufficient to provide for even food.
You cannot serve God and money. You can store up here, or you can store up in heaven. You cannot do both. Those who cheer the rich in padding their ever fattening bank accounts would do well to consider that.
I'm curious about the income demographic here at CC. Where do you fit in?
10k 80% ($10,000 was more than 20% of Americans who earned money in 2014.)
20k 61%
30k 47%
40k 36%
50k 27%
60k 21%
70k 16%
80k 13%
90k 10%
100k 8%
110k 7%
120k 6%
130k 5%
140k 4%
150k 4%
200k 2%
350k 1%
this is an anonymous poll, so be honest
Look yours up at What Percent Are You? - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Actually, that you don't know how to live on less says more about you than business. Businesses learn how to prepare for rainy days. The poor already know how to live on less. And healthcare? Again! THE GOVERNMENT DID THAT TO US! And yet you're blaming business.Just cracking six figures, my wife and I are in the 8%. That means that 92% of Americans make less than us. And that just scares the h3ll out of me. What we make is not that much in this day and age and I honestly don't understand how so many can make ends meet on substantially less. And they don't. Hordes of people every day are faced with the decisions that brings - do I buy food? Do I pay the rent? Do I get to have my medicines this month? Do I put it all on the credit card and hope the economy crashes again so they will forgive it all? My wife and I, we could bank a bunch of what we get at favorable rates and pad our bank account like so many here cheer and applaud. But we spend every penny of it. One, because again if you don't live on debt (we don't) it doesn't go very far; and 2 our spending and consumerism is the only hope that 92% has of keeping what little they've got. We don't use automated checkouts because we want cashiers to keep their jobs. We used to boycott Walmart, it just doesn't seem right that one of the richest families in this country is also one of this country's largest welfare recipients, but we ended the boycott because people have time and again proven that they will fight till they're under a bridge to support corporate America's right to treat them like slaves. And tho they may be hiding their talents in the ground those are still people who need their jobs. We don't horde as seems to be the fashion these days. We spread the wealth to those who are not so blessed.
Now, someone here is going to cry that I'm playing the 'holier than thou' card. That's just a ruse to deflect the issue. This is intended solely as a LESSON:
You CANNOT serve God and money, and where your treasure lay there too is your heart. And FAR TOO MANY OF YOU have signed on to the world's call to store your treasures with Goldman Sachs. Frankly, every dollar I see in our bank account is a dollar we don't have waiting for us on the other side. I don't want it! Neither should YOU! Nor should you support it.
"Sell all you have and give to the poor". And right now the working stiff is included in that boat. You gonna walk away depressed, or at you going to say: Hey General Electric, how 'bout you bring some of your money on shore and help your poor employees get health care"?
What would Jesus do?