What scripture do you have on your fridge

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Well-known member
Dec 15, 2018
32,745
11,854
113
If you are Christian, apart from owning a Bible - at some point you will have scripture in your home. Someone will give you a bookmark, or a needlepoint or a magnet with verses on it, or a hoodie or a key ring, or maybe a card you carry in your wallet. Maybe your doormat has a verse on it. Maybe you have a calendar with Bible verses every day. Do you have a christian bumper sticker on your car?

Share what you have on the walls, cushions, fridges, doorposts of your home.
 
I do so hate to disappoint... But my house is unadorned by slogans, scriptural or otherwise. Even my car has not a single chrome fish or bible verse on the back.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
If you are Christian, apart from owning a Bible - at some point you will have scripture in your home. Someone will give you a bookmark, or a needlepoint or a magnet with verses on it, or a hoodie or a key ring, or maybe a card you carry in your wallet. Maybe your doormat has a verse on it. Maybe you have a calendar with Bible verses every day. Do you have a christian bumper sticker on your car?

Share what you have on the walls, cushions, fridges, doorposts of your home.
Don't have any Christian type magnets on my fringe. If anyone ever gives me one I'll slap it on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JaumeJ
Wot?

Huh I was asking at the Christian bookstore and they didn't have any fishes either. They said people ask about them all the time.
The salesperson just said 'Go on Temu'
 
I have 'Don't worry about tomorrow' on my fridge
A sheep (the sheep doesn't say anything, but I'm thinking of adding some lambs to make a flock)

On my noticeboard I have 'Be still and Know that I am God'

I'd think on a toolbox you'd have 'iron sharpens Iron' or something like that.
A fridge magnet should have something like 'Manna ....What is it?'
 
I think on a noticeboard you should have a notice in the shape of a wooden cross, and some thumbtacks on it representing nails, and then you can hang whatever burdens or things to do on it.

I don't understand doormats saying 'blessed as you go in and blessed as you go out'
They should say 'shake the dust off your feet'

I wonder about the people making these things. Do they just slap on any old verse on a product? Why is christian merch so generic? Coffee mugs, pens, calendars, journals, picture frames, rubber bracelets... Why does it all have the same flowy script? IDK

Bras should be breastplates of righteousness and be bullet proof.
There should be window stickers you can put on your window that make it look like stained glass, with biblical scenes on them.
The keyrings ought to say 'I have the keys to the kingdom'
And they definitely should sell prayer cushions, with a pocket to put your Bible in.
 
I have a "God's Promises for the Millenium" rolodex desk calendar, copyright 1999, that CBN sent me. It doesn't have Sunday, Monday, or any other day of the week defined because the day of the week that corresponds with the number of the day changes yearly.

May 16 reads, "Jesus came and told His disciples, "I have been given complete authority in Heaven and on Earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." -Matthew 28:18-19
There is a footnote that says, "Jesus' last words before ascending challenge us to make disciples!" which is time appropriate considering that the Day of Ascension, or the 40th day of festival of the harvest falls within this timeframe.

Shavuot, the 50th day will be celebrated this coming Thursday, and it is celebrated as the day of the giving of the Torah, in Jewish tradition, which corresponds to the day of Pentecost in Christian tradition, the day the Holy Spirit was given.

So, if I skip ahead 10 days from today's reading, I come to May 26's entry which says, "I will make you My wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you Mine, and you will finally know Me as LORD. -Hosea 2:19-20

Interestingly my most recent study, yesterday's actually, was Exo 34:5-7 where the LORD descended in the cloud and proclaimed the name of the LORD, which is reflected in the above Hosea verse, "showing you...unfailing love and compassion"

I love how God works all things together! :love:
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Huh I often had a Christian calendar, like one of those diaries that had days of the weeks and sometimes it did have the corresponding Jewish holidays on it, I think it's nice to know what festivals are being celebrated in other parts of the world not just your own.

Because I'm in the southern hemisphere all the seasons are upside down, so any gardening references need to be reversed. eg When its summer in the Northern Hemisphere it's winter here, and when it's fall/autumn, its spring here.

Now if only had a calendar predicting the weather. I had a moon calendar, a Chinese calendar, and one of those calendars that had what fishing days were good or bad.

I do like the ones that have a verse a day for any year, like the rolodex ones, or a devotional journal that has 365 days and space to write down thoughts. Some churches have a liturgy and they very much adhere to the Christian calendar, celebrate lent fro Easter, do advent before Christmas day, note when Pentecost is, All saints day etc I always found it interesting that the Orthodox celebrate Jesus birthday on the 6th of January and there are actually twelve days of Christmas, not just one as the secular world thinks it's all just one day on the 25th of December.

But different churches do different things eg. SDAs actually don't refer to advent as the runup to Christmas, for them its something else, like the end of the world and Jesus returning, which didn't actually happen and was called the 'Great disappointment' .When I read that I was like ????? Some crazy beliefs there. According to them it was meant to be October 22 1844.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JaumeJ
Thanks to Temu, I now have a chrome fish on my car bumper.
If you know, you know ;)